Profile for Mr. K. P. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Rogers

Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Bose ® SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System - Black
Bose ® SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Great in principle, but clearly a few bugs., 28 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In principle I think this Bose Portable is a very good product, and the sound I have managed to coax from it is very good indeed. It's quite a small system, slightly smaller than my Bose Portable speaker dock for iPods.

Setup was straight-forward. I downloaded the app onto my iphone 6, then followed the app's on-screen instructions. What it does is makes the speaker connect to my home's wifi. This seems to remove the need for a device like a bridge, which the Sonos system uses.

However, I presume my system has a fault, because every ten seconds or so it switches to AUX, and so cuts off whatever Internet radio station might be playing, or what ever I am playing from my iPhone's stored music, or my Spotify. Indeed, even when in standby mode, after about ten seconds it switches on into the AUX mode. This is presumably a fault, and is very frustrating, as there's little need to play music trhough a wire, as this defeats the whole point of such a device.

The idea of this is that one can have many devices spread about the home, all of which use your own wifi router's facility.

So, aside from this crippling fault, I reckon it's a good product! Oh, and it is a shame that ther is no dock facility.

But, if you get one and it works, I know it'll be great!

Emergen-C Super Orange Energy Release and Immunity Support Food Supplement - Pack of 16

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the others, I presume, 27 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you like this type of thing, then this is the supplement for you. I take regularly other branded supplements, and this tastes just like those. I can't work out what is special about this one, but it's all similar.

I can't comment on whether they boost my immunity above and beyond what others might, and even whether they do anyway, but they taste nice.

Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun
Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, quality product, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am impressed by the ease of using this nail gun. I had a few odd jobs to do, like fix my garden fence, shed, and a skirting board. Well, with this, it was a doddle. I think I got a bit carried away with nailing things down in the garden, but this just makes life so easy. I suppose all DIY things like this are designed to make life easier, but it's always good to know the ones that are worthwhile. Loading the nails is very easy – they just drop in.

It arrives in a box which is itself in a handy and sturdy plastic carry-case., and it all is easy to pack up and tidy away.

Pinzon Basics Body Pillow with Cover
Pinzon Basics Body Pillow with Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars I think is is a terrific pillow. It is superbly comfortable, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think is is a terrific pillow. It is superbly comfortable, comes with an appropriate case, and is such a great idea: often one's head slips between two side-by-side pillows.

Plus, I like to sit-up in bed and read, and this is perfect for that, as it provides great back support.

The material from which it is made seems very high quality, tightly woven, and well stitched together.

Leifheit 72567 AirSteam Premium Large Lightweight Deluxe Ironing Board for Steam Generator Irons, Blue
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars A light, secure, well-built and sturdy ironing board, 4 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am very surprised by how light-weight this board is. My previous one was well build but a lot heavier, making it quite cumbersome. Not this, which is easy to carry around but without sacrificing anything in terms of stability. The ironing surface is, too, spacious, and sufficient.

I have used a steam iron for a number of years and would never change, but I had always struggled with a suitable ironing board as it would unbalance my current one. Not this, which is, obviously, specifically designed to support the water tank such irons. It all fits in easily and is very secure and stable. The ironing surface, too, is an improvement over other boards, as it is a single sheet, which means that the ironed result is crisp and even.

A very impressive ironing board.

Philips BT9280/33 Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer
Philips BT9280/33 Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built beard trimmer, 28 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Male grooming products such as this beard trimmer a searching for ways to be different. A few have vacuum compartments so that your shaved stubble is captured inside the shaver rather than falling on the floor. This one does not have such a feature. Instead, it has a Class I LASER (not dangerous, and certainly not Class III, as suggested in another review; this will NOT singe or smooth hair) for guiding your shaving. I think that's a gimmick, really, but the rest of the shaver makes it worthwhile, although I expect that the LASER means that it is as expensive at it is.

I am impressd by the rotating clipper section, which is really solidly built, meaning that it shaves very well, like a good set of clippers. The guards for length adjustment work well enough.

I think the lack of a carry bag with this model is mean and unnecessary. Otherwise I would have awarded *****. As it is, it's got the gimmick as already mentioned, and the the lack of a travel pouch, but the shaver itself is very well built (better than other models I have tried), so hence the high star rating.

Vax W87-DV-B Dual V Advance Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W87-DV-B Dual V Advance Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and effective cleaner, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about this when it arrives is that it's a serous piece of kit: a very large box contains it! And it's quite heavy. I'd recommend having someone on hand to help with unpacking etc.

Once operational, things are more straightforward. The instruction booklet is easy to follow, and the Washer itself is a powerful tool. I would say my house is clean, yet the gunk and grime that this picked up from my carpets was quite surprising for me! I have used it on upholstery, too, and the results were similarly impressive, especially on the arms of chairs and sofas.

It's a powerful machine. My only caveat is storage and frequency of use... I'm not sure how often I'll use this, and whether that usage is worth the expense say to hiring a carpet cleaner. Only you, dear reader, know that for yourself.

Leitz Complete Rotating Desk Stand for iPad/Tablet PCs -  White
Leitz Complete Rotating Desk Stand for iPad/Tablet PCs - White

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an OK iPad stand, 4 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use this on my desk at work, with my iPad next to my PC. To be honest, It's an ok product, but I'm not sure it's going to help me that much in that I'm not sure the ability to rotate the thing is useful at all. There are basically two angles that it allows you to have your device at, one rather too shallow, the other steep but fine for watching the screen. It's ok, perhaps good as a stocking-filler... Xmas is approaching!

It seems to be well-built, and the non-slip material certainly feels very sound.

Main cities of Europe 2014 MICHELIN Guide (Michelin Guides)
Main cities of Europe 2014 MICHELIN Guide (Michelin Guides)
by Michelin

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable Guide, 26 Aug 2014
This Michelin Guide is indispensable to the city traveller. It is superb, and trustworthy, never a mistake over quality. I have used it for years, and have never been disappointed by the recommendations.

Generally, I eat at the 'bib' restaurants if abroad, and Michelin always comes up trumps. The details about the cities, too, are useful as starting points for tourism.

The problem with this guide is that it is quite dilute: to fit in the cities and content means that it's a shortened version of the country-by-country guides. However, as a starting point, it is a great introduction.

There is a smartphone app from Michelin that covers ALL European Country Guides in one... that is essential.

But, of all the travel guides I have used, Michelin is by far the best. Things like TripAdvisor simply aren't trustworthy because you never know who writes the reviews.

TP-Link TL-PB10400 10400 mAh Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger (2 USB ports for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Android Smartphones and Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best charger I have used, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Portable chargers are de rigeur for smartphones as the batteries won't last a day if the device is being used... At least there no way my iphone5 will. Anyway, I have used portable chargers for a while, but they don't seem to cope that well.this is the best I have used.

The ability to charge two devices is great. And, I have managed to get 5 full charges of my iPhone5 from a single charge of this charger. The charging of the charger is an over-night job, but that's fair enough as I know I can rely on it to keep my iPhone going when I am out and about; I keep it in my man-bag!

The guild quality is pleasing, and feels sturdy and secure. I have no complaints here.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17