Profile for Mr. K. P. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Rogers

Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Philips BT9280/33 Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer
Philips BT9280/33 Series 9000 Laser Guided Beard Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Solidly built beard trimmer, 28 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Male grooming products such as this beard trimmer a searching for ways to be different. A few have vacuum compartments so that your shaved stubble is captured inside the shaver rather than falling on the floor. This one does not have such a feature. Instead, it has a Class I LASER (not dangerous, and certainly not Class III, as suggested in another review; this will NOT singe or smooth hair) for guiding your shaving. I think that's a gimmick, really, but the rest of the shaver makes it worthwhile, although I expect that the LASER means that it is as expensive at it is.

I am impressd by the rotating clipper section, which is really solidly built, meaning that it shaves very well, like a good set of clippers. The guards for length adjustment work well enough.

I think the lack of a carry bag with this model is mean and unnecessary. Otherwise I would have awarded *****. As it is, it's got the gimmick as already mentioned, and the the lack of a travel pouch, but the shaver itself is very well built (better than other models I have tried), so hence the high star rating.

Vax W87-DV-B Dual V Advance Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W87-DV-B Dual V Advance Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and effective cleaner, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing you notice about this when it arrives is that it's a serous piece of kit: a very large box contains it! And it's quite heavy. I'd recommend having someone on hand to help with unpacking etc.

Once operational, things are more straightforward. The instruction booklet is easy to follow, and the Washer itself is a powerful tool. I would say my house is clean, yet the gunk and grime that this picked up from my carpets was quite surprising for me! I have used it on upholstery, too, and the results were similarly impressive, especially on the arms of chairs and sofas.

It's a powerful machine. My only caveat is storage and frequency of use... I'm not sure how often I'll use this, and whether that usage is worth the expense say to hiring a carpet cleaner. Only you, dear reader, know that for yourself.

Leitz Complete Rotating Desk Stand for iPad/Tablet PCs -  White
Leitz Complete Rotating Desk Stand for iPad/Tablet PCs - White

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an OK iPad stand, 4 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use this on my desk at work, with my iPad next to my PC. To be honest, It's an ok product, but I'm not sure it's going to help me that much in that I'm not sure the ability to rotate the thing is useful at all. There are basically two angles that it allows you to have your device at, one rather too shallow, the other steep but fine for watching the screen. It's ok, perhaps good as a stocking-filler... Xmas is approaching!

It seems to be well-built, and the non-slip material certainly feels very sound.

Main cities of Europe 2014 MICHELIN Guide (Michelin Guides)
Main cities of Europe 2014 MICHELIN Guide (Michelin Guides)
by Michelin

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable Guide, 26 Aug 2014
This Michelin Guide is indispensable to the city traveller. It is superb, and trustworthy, never a mistake over quality. I have used it for years, and have never been disappointed by the recommendations.

Generally, I eat at the 'bib' restaurants if abroad, and Michelin always comes up trumps. The details about the cities, too, are useful as starting points for tourism.

The problem with this guide is that it is quite dilute: to fit in the cities and content means that it's a shortened version of the country-by-country guides. However, as a starting point, it is a great introduction.

There is a smartphone app from Michelin that covers ALL European Country Guides in one... that is essential.

But, of all the travel guides I have used, Michelin is by far the best. Things like TripAdvisor simply aren't trustworthy because you never know who writes the reviews.

TP-Link TL-PB10400 10400 mAh Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger (2 USB ports for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Android Smartphones and Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best charger I have used, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Portable chargers are de rigeur for smartphones as the batteries won't last a day if the device is being used... At least there no way my iphone5 will. Anyway, I have used portable chargers for a while, but they don't seem to cope that well.this is the best I have used.

The ability to charge two devices is great. And, I have managed to get 5 full charges of my iPhone5 from a single charge of this charger. The charging of the charger is an over-night job, but that's fair enough as I know I can rely on it to keep my iPhone going when I am out and about; I keep it in my man-bag!

The guild quality is pleasing, and feels sturdy and secure. I have no complaints here.

brabantia 0.3/ 0.6/ 1.1 Litre Glass Stackable Jars, Set of 3, Light Grey/ Dark Grey/ Dark Mint

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely dried food jars, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a fan of Brabantia style. Its products are simple, elegant, yet form never overtakes function, and these jars are exactly that. The airtight seals seem to be superb, and the stacking ability is neat and well formed. The glass seems sturdy, too. I really like the light, pastel colours of the lids. In a word, they're ideal dried food jars.

Philips Sonicare HX3130/02 Pink Power Up Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX3130/02 Pink Power Up Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by Parisa Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used Philips Sonicare for about a year, and have always been impressed with the cleaning ability of them. I also use Braun Oral-B, but I prefer Sonicare as their brush heads are nicer, kinder, and a lot quieter. The mode of action is a vibration rather than lots of oscillations that Braun favours.

The only problem is when taking these abroad to continental Europe: it is almost impossible to find Sonicare brushes, which is a shame.

There are a variety of heads out there to swap with the (adequate) one provided, and this will make brushing teeth even better if upgrading to a better brush-head.

The carrycase is great, too, for everything. Overall, this is a smart product; the pink colour is a nice touch, too!

Philips myGarden Blossom Solar Powered Posts - Anthracite (2 x 1W Integrated LED)

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful solar-powered outdoor lights, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are very well-built, which cope well with the elements in the garden. If slightly complicated to assemble (there are a lot of parts), I don't care too much about that as the instructions are easy to follow. The pictures describe the product well.

I have used these quite a few times and the light emitted lasts at least a few hours, so clearly these are so much superior to the little things you can buy and stick in the ground. They are also pleasingly bright. As a simple solution to a lighting problem (my garden receives very little) I am delighted with the results.

The solar panel is placed on a wall near the things, the cabling allows plenty of room for strategic placing.

Remington MB6550 Vacuum Beard and Grooming Kit
Remington MB6550 Vacuum Beard and Grooming Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars A great beard trimmer, 25 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been grooming my beard in typical man-style for about a year. I have used a similar product as this before, but this is superb. The hairs are sucked in so there is so little mess, I find the settings easy to use, and there are a host of attachments to get the right trim for the beard. The thing is well-built, and I would recommend this highly. Basically, this works really well as a Beard Trimmer.

Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee pods, 12 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am happy with these. They work fine in my (fairly old) Krups Nespresso machine, and the coffee that is produced is as good as any of the genuine Nespresso pods that I used. The flavour is intense without being overly bitter, just how I like it. It's also an intense flavour, which is how I like coffee. A sound product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16