Profile for Mr. K. P. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Rogers

Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bernstein Conducts Sibelius (Symphonies Nos 1, 2, 5, 7) [DVD] [NTSC] [2010]
Bernstein Conducts Sibelius (Symphonies Nos 1, 2, 5, 7) [DVD] [NTSC] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sibelius

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful performances to treasure, 13 Mar. 2015
A superb testament to the great Leonard Bernstein.

Recorded towards the very end of his life (and the projected cycle left incomplete at his death) these are magisterial accounts of these great symphonies (1, 2, 5 & 7). I would recommend them to all.

This is an older-and-wiser Bernstein, living every note and bar, and giving the listener that same undimmed concentration. These are quite vast interpretations (not necessarily in timescale), monumental even, but able to explore the intricacies.

Repeated listening rewards.

IKO 8m Shed Felt - Green
IKO 8m Shed Felt - Green
Offered by Ashbrook Roofing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected -- excellent, 13 Mar. 2015
I put this on my shed because the old cover was coming loose.

Over a year later it still looks terrific, and is secure and doing the job. I imagine that it'll last many years.

Fuzz Off Lint Remover Fluff Removing Machine
Fuzz Off Lint Remover Fluff Removing Machine
Offered by vktech-HK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for jumpers, 13 Mar. 2015
Everyone should have one of these: jumpers look ridiculous when they bobble, and this removes the bobbles easily. So easy to use, and makes jumpers look great.

Calgon Tablets Pack of 75
Calgon Tablets Pack of 75

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb and great value, 13 Mar. 2015
This is exceptionally good value. I use one in every wash and my machine looks as-new after over five years. I live in a very hard-water area and there is not a hint of limescale anywhere in it (whereas my kettle is a quite different story).

You really will prolong the life of your machine if you use these, and I think that they will remove limescale as they work, as well.

It also means that you need less detergent in the wash as you use the amount needed for a soft-water area.

These are much more expensive in my local supermarket, and for far fewer tablets.

Tefal GV8960 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator - 2400 W
Tefal GV8960 Pro Express Total Auto Steam Generator - 2400 W

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb iron, 13 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a superb steam-generator iron. It's a serious piece of kit, that is very well built and able to deliver what it promises.

It makes ironing a dream, so easy to do, and quick, with superb results. These things really are far, far better than standard irons.

I do find these irons a lot easier to use than standard irons because there are only a few settings: it's all about the steam. Use of low temperatures means that fabrics aren't damaged: it's the steam that does all the work.

The iron itself is fairly light, and, importantly, comes with a long lead to the generator, so this means I can put it on a work surface and have my ironing board next to it, and still be able to iron easily.

I suppose some might balk at the price, but these things are built to last. Considering how often one uses an iron, it would be worth it.

I have not had time to use the decalc settings, as I've not been using it for long enough. However, what I do know is that all that sort of grime stays in the generator rather than going onto the iron.

A terrific product. Well done Tefal.

SeaSucker Talon Quick Release One-Bike Carrier
SeaSucker Talon Quick Release One-Bike Carrier

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb Bike Carrier, 11 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a terrific product, so well built and reliable. I have used it to hold my bike on the back of the car and on the roof, and after an initial worry – would it really hold? – I have absolutely no doubts. This is so easy to use, and is ever so secure.

Since you are looking at this product's page I suspect that you already know if you want one of these. Much easier than the bulky racks that attach to a car's roof, I can't imagine why one wouldn't use these SeaSucker devices.

There are others available for more than one bike. These really are a no-brainer.

Highly recommended.

Oral-B Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - Pack of 3
Oral-B Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent toothbrush heads, 11 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I alternate between Oral-B and Phillips Sonos electric toothbrushes. I don't really have much to separate one from the other.

Having said that, I think these brush heads are absolutely great, and seem to get well in between teeth to clean out any stubborn pieces of food.

As one would expect, the build quality is excellent.

I'm really pleased with these, and recommend them.

Doppler Labs Acoustic Advanced Tech Earplugs - Grey
Doppler Labs Acoustic Advanced Tech Earplugs - Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent and nice pair of earplugs, 5 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very unsure what to expect with these. I originally thought they were noise-cancelling earplugs, but of course they are not. The are earplugs that rely on then just blocking the sound from entering your ear, like the earplugs you are used to.

Of course, though, these are better than your standard earplugs. There is a noticeable drop in volume when I am using them. I tested them in a noisy environment near where I work, where there is some roadworks taking place.

I'd say that I have fairly standard ears, and these fitted well, and were comfortable.

I like the little storage box for them, too; very elegant, and ideal for placing in a travel bag or pocket.

The quality of spoken words remains high, so you can still hear what's going. Ideal where speech is concerned.

E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock
E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock

2.0 out of 5 stars A substantial lock, but can't be used outdoors, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I accepted this lock a bit out of curiosity, really. It is an odd one. Obviously, who hasn't used a padlock? Is this a relevant reinvention of the padlock?

Well, I received two, which was a surprise. That's nice.

It is stated that this is for indoor use. They're quite bulky and heavy, and do take some getting used to. Plus, the battery will go at some point, which makes keeping an eye on that problematic. The flashing lights seem odd, too, and are too distracting.

Quite why one wouldn't spend the money on a decent mechanical lock (whether with number code or key), which are cheaper and not going to fail, is beyond me.

Not being able to use this outdoors makes it next to useless for me.

Hama Diary Case for Apple iPhone 5C - Navy
Hama Diary Case for Apple iPhone 5C - Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely case, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nice case, which provides a snug fit for the phone. Also, the pockets for a few other things just means that it has that bit more use, and means that I can keep things like a door key in it rather than have it in my pocket or disappeared in the bottom of my bag.

It is a basic case that does exactly as it states. Excellent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20