Profile for Mr. K. P. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Rogers

Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Doppler Labs Acoustic Advanced Tech Earplugs - Grey
Doppler Labs Acoustic Advanced Tech Earplugs - Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent and nice pair of earplugs, 5 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was very unsure what to expect with these. I originally thought they were noise-cancelling earplugs, but of course they are not. The are earplugs that rely on then just blocking the sound from entering your ear, like the earplugs you are used to.

Of course, though, these are better than your standard earplugs. There is a noticeable drop in volume when I am using them. I tested them in a noisy environment near where I work, where there is some roadworks taking place.

I'd say that I have fairly standard ears, and these fitted well, and were comfortable.

I like the little storage box for them, too; very elegant, and ideal for placing in a travel bag or pocket.

The quality of spoken words remains high, so you can still hear what's going. Ideal where speech is concerned.

E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock
E-One 1500eEURDBLK Electronic Combination Padlock

2.0 out of 5 stars A substantial lock, but can't be used outdoors, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I accepted this lock a bit out of curiosity, really. It is an odd one. Obviously, who hasn't used a padlock? Is this a relevant reinvention of the padlock?

Well, I received two, which was a surprise. That's nice.

It is stated that this is for indoor use. They're quite bulky and heavy, and do take some getting used to. Plus, the battery will go at some point, which makes keeping an eye on that problematic. The flashing lights seem odd, too, and are too distracting.

Quite why one wouldn't spend the money on a decent mechanical lock (whether with number code or key), which are cheaper and not going to fail, is beyond me.

Not being able to use this outdoors makes it next to useless for me.

Hama Diary Case for Apple iPhone 5C - Navy
Hama Diary Case for Apple iPhone 5C - Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely case, 3 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nice case, which provides a snug fit for the phone. Also, the pockets for a few other things just means that it has that bit more use, and means that I can keep things like a door key in it rather than have it in my pocket or disappeared in the bottom of my bag.

It is a basic case that does exactly as it states. Excellent.

Case Logic FSI-1082 SnapView Folio for iPad mini, Morel (FSI-1082)
Case Logic FSI-1082 SnapView Folio for iPad mini, Morel (FSI-1082)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, secure fit, 27 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this case. It protects my iPad mini really well.

It has a great close fit, feels really tactile (like fabric), and is clearly well-built and made, from quality material.

The different angles for operation are a nice touch, too. Overall, I recommend this as a durable, sturdy and nice-looking case

Illustrated Dictionary of Science (Illustrated dictionaries)
Illustrated Dictionary of Science (Illustrated dictionaries)
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific book, for pupils, students, parents and teachers alike, 25 Feb. 2015
I have a degree in Chemistry and teach Chemistry up to A-level and also some Physics. I have used this book for over twenty years, both when I was a schoolboy and now in my teaching. I cannot recommend it highly enough, both to pupils, parents and colleagues.

It covers all the main areas of High School science in a precise and accurate way, with simple text and terrific diagrams. There are no questions, rather this is a reference work that goes through in systematic fashion the major topics, and it explains them in some depth.

I cannot recommend it highly enough: for me and my teaching it is the go-to book for terrific explanations and diagrams.

Oster Beehive Blender, 1.25 Litre, 600 W, Chrome
Oster Beehive Blender, 1.25 Litre, 600 W, Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely piece of kitchen equipment, 23 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, you notice that this is a lovely piece of kit. It's sturdily built and looks the part in the kitchen. It has that 'wow' factor when people walk past it and it just sits there proudly on the counter.

I am not really a cook, but I have attempted to use this for smoothies and the like. It crushes ice well, too. That's the sort of thing I use it for, and it whips them all up pretty quickly with minimal fuss. Terrific. The capacity is large, so ice is excellent, and seems to mean that the level of liquid does not splash up too much. It produces excellent results.

Lifeproof fre Mobile Case for 4.6 inch iPhone 6 - Black
Lifeproof fre Mobile Case for 4.6 inch iPhone 6 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Another lifesaver case from LifeProof, 23 Feb. 2015
I am a big fan of LifrProof cases, and I am impressed with this one for the iPhone 6. An improvement on previous incarnations is that the headphone socket protector is now attached directly to the case, so no risk of loss.

The switch for silencing the iPhone is not as easy to use as previously, but I suspect that's just about getting the technique right.

Once loaded into the case, it's well protected, and underwater pictures look great.

It is a terrific case, and I recommend it to my friends

I am impressed by how thin it is, and I like it also because it does not stick to clothing: it is smooth.

An excellent case.

VAX 2-in-1 Air Cordless Switch
VAX 2-in-1 Air Cordless Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cleaner and a delight to use, 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a terrific vacuum cleaner for the small home where tight corners are an issue or for someone for whom a larger heavier machine is difficult. And it's also great for a room and stairs. In short, it's good for all.

I am very impressed with the detachable handheld bit of it, which is incredibly useful where in the past I have struggled with pipes and attachments to a heavier vacuum cleaner. This just makes life so much easier.

I am very pleasantly surprised by the auction power. It picks up plenty of dust. Marvellous. And it looks good and stores easily.

Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat unnecessary, 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not sure about an antibacterial washing machine product. I think this might well pander to modern-day insecurities about how everything must be clean and bug free.

However, what this might well do is help prevent mildew growth and the like.

And the product will, even if unopened, have a shell life of only a few months.

Perhaps this should also be a detergent and stain remover in one product. Instead, one can easily see people using this in addition to:
Water softener
Stain remover
detergent

It seems overkill. Somewhat unnecessary.

Tacwise 50mm Brad Nailer. Air Nail Gun. DGN50V
Tacwise 50mm Brad Nailer. Air Nail Gun. DGN50V

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product from Tacwise, 4 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once I had got my air-compressor sorted, which I managed from my local B&Q, I was ready-to-roll with this.

I prefer this to the other types because it is so lightweight, and not relying on batteries does make it a lot easier to use. As seems to be common with Tacwise, the build-quality is excellent. I found that the lower-end of the pressure was fine for everything I tried this out on (shed, skirting-board, garden fence), and the end results were clean and exactly how I wanted it.

During operation there was little in the way of rebound or vibration, and so I felt entirely comfortable using it; something important for what is a potentially dangerous device.

The nails are very easy to load into the gun, and I had no jamming, the end result being that this was a straight-forward device to use.

The benefit of an Air nail gun is that it's a lot lighter than the electric ones, but you need a compressor. Otherwise, in my experience, the electric ones are just as good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19