Profile for Mr. K. P. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Rogers

Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Fujifilm X Millican Christopher the Camera Bag - Grey Blue with large insert
Fujifilm X Millican Christopher the Camera Bag - Grey Blue with large insert

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely bag, 16 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a quite beautifully made bag from a small independent firm in the Lake Districk. It's how bags ought to be: functional and smart. I use it primarily for work, as I can get my papers, iPad and other things in it quite comfortable. It's not as stuffy as a briefcase, so I think it straddles the bag-markets well.

The material is soft yet clearly hard-wearing, and the water-proof over-bag (which is secured nearly in a pocket on the outside) is a very good touch so as to add that further level of protection in these wet UK days!

The shoulder strap is a little uncomfortable, but I usually use the normal handle anyway.

The straps are very smart, easy to undo and fasten, and the extra camera holder is good not only for this bad for for any other, I suppose.

It's a high quality product, which is why I guess the price is what it is. Congratulations to the makers.

SanDisk Extreme SDHC 32 GB UHS-I U3 Memory Card 60 MB/s (SDSDXN-032G-G46)
SanDisk Extreme SDHC 32 GB UHS-I U3 Memory Card 60 MB/s (SDSDXN-032G-G46)

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 10 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Memory cards are getting greater in capacity and also increasing in speed. It's amazing to think that in about 1996 a standard PC's hard drive was 1 GB. Technology is allowing these solid-state devices to achieve speeds unthinkable with traditional hard drives.

It's a great memory card, and the top speed means copying large amounts of data to or from it is as stated: quick. It also means that you can take high resolution raw phitographs on your SLR in quick succession.

Outward Hound Outdoor Agility Kit
Outward Hound Outdoor Agility Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun idea, but pricey for what you get, 5 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As others have remarked, the price tag for this kit seems a bit steep for what you get. The idea is a fun one, and I am sure a lot will enjoy using it, trying to reproduce in your back garden what you see on the television at Crufts, etc.

I would expect more of an assault course for this. My ten-year-old nephew, though, loves using this with his two dogs. I suppose that's what counts in the end.

It is all fairly sturdily built and looks like it'll last a good portion of time.

Napoleon the Great
Napoleon the Great
by Andrew Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive, compelling account of a great life, 3 Nov 2014
This review is from: Napoleon the Great (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Andrew Roberts lives and breathes the life of Napoleon through this new, monumental biography, which is cannily timed to coincide, I presume, with the two-hundredth anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, which falls on 18 June 2015.

Roberts's title makes it clear how he views his hero: he sees Napoleon as the greatest leader of modern times, in some respects. What I got from this book as I turned the pages is that Roberts lives and breathes the moments that his hero feels: one can smell the field of battle. Of course, there is more to Napoleon than mere description of battles (he was a master tactician, and transformed warfare), and what I did get from Roberts is Napoleon the man, but no ordinary man. Thank heavens that Roberts does not go in for too much twenty-first century self doubt: here is a man who believes he is right, and who uses that determination.

What we have is a book that tells a great life, and it is placed it firmly in context of the politics of the time, and is lively in its telling. It's a weighty book, but any student of history would want it because there are new details revealed for us English-speakers: Roberts had access to the newly-translated letters of Napoleon.

QuickBooks Pro 2015 Plus Payroll - 1 Year Subscription (PC)
QuickBooks Pro 2015 Plus Payroll - 1 Year Subscription (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for any small business, 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A dream piece of software for any small business.

I have used Quickbooks in various incarnations and have always found IT to be both intuitive (no pun intended) and functional for my needs, and this release is no exception. It allows me to produce my businesses accounts in exactly the simple yet effective wat that I need, and, most importantly, how HMRC wants the info; extracting all I need is very simple.

The addition of payroll, in the many guises that employment alight take, is a fantastic addition! My word, does this make life easy. Keeping track of any NI contributions etc is obviously automatically calculated, as is the monthly reporting that HMRC requires.

I applaud those that can do all of this themselves. I can't, and so am grateful for custom packages as this. I don't want the hassle of learning how to run accounting software whilst running a business, so Intuit removes that!

Highly recommended.

Pinzon Plush Velvet Throw Spa Green
Pinzon Plush Velvet Throw Spa Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and huggable, 3 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect for those evenings in the darkness of winter when you are relaxing on the sofa. The material is soft and warm. Absolutely ideal. I also use it as a throw to cove my sofa or as an extra layer over my duvet. I love this.

Bose ® SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System - Black
Bose ® SoundTouch Portable Series II Wi-Fi Music System - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Great in principle, but clearly a few bugs., 28 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In principle I think this Bose Portable is a very good product, and the sound I have managed to coax from it is very good indeed. It's quite a small system, slightly smaller than my Bose Portable speaker dock for iPods.

Setup was straight-forward. I downloaded the app onto my iphone 6, then followed the app's on-screen instructions. What it does is makes the speaker connect to my home's wifi. This seems to remove the need for a device like a bridge, which the Sonos system uses.

However, I presume my system has a fault, because every ten seconds or so it switches to AUX, and so cuts off whatever Internet radio station might be playing, or what ever I am playing from my iPhone's stored music, or my Spotify. Indeed, even when in standby mode, after about ten seconds it switches on into the AUX mode. This is presumably a fault, and is very frustrating, as there's little need to play music trhough a wire, as this defeats the whole point of such a device.

The idea of this is that one can have many devices spread about the home, all of which use your own wifi router's facility.

So, aside from this crippling fault, I reckon it's a good product! Oh, and it is a shame that ther is no dock facility.

But, if you get one and it works, I know it'll be great!

Emergen-C Super Orange Energy Release and Immunity Support Food Supplement - Pack of 16

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the others, I presume, 27 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you like this type of thing, then this is the supplement for you. I take regularly other branded supplements, and this tastes just like those. I can't work out what is special about this one, but it's all similar.

I can't comment on whether they boost my immunity above and beyond what others might, and even whether they do anyway, but they taste nice.

Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun
Tacwise Electric 16G Finish Nail Gun
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, quality product, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am impressed by the ease of using this nail gun. I had a few odd jobs to do, like fix my garden fence, shed, and a skirting board. Well, with this, it was a doddle. I think I got a bit carried away with nailing things down in the garden, but this just makes life so easy. I suppose all DIY things like this are designed to make life easier, but it's always good to know the ones that are worthwhile. Loading the nails is very easy – they just drop in.

It arrives in a box which is itself in a handy and sturdy plastic carry-case., and it all is easy to pack up and tidy away.

Pinzon Basics Body Pillow with Cover
Pinzon Basics Body Pillow with Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars I think is is a terrific pillow. It is superbly comfortable, 14 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think is is a terrific pillow. It is superbly comfortable, comes with an appropriate case, and is such a great idea: often one's head slips between two side-by-side pillows.

Plus, I like to sit-up in bed and read, and this is perfect for that, as it provides great back support.

The material from which it is made seems very high quality, tightly woven, and well stitched together.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17