Profile for Mr. K. P. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Rogers

Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 9 Intense 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 19.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee pods, 12 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am happy with these. They work fine in my (fairly old) Krups Nespresso machine, and the coffee that is produced is as good as any of the genuine Nespresso pods that I used. The flavour is intense without being overly bitter, just how I like it. It's also an intense flavour, which is how I like coffee. A sound product.

Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Mustard Seed Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5/5S
Price: 7.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but care still needed., 5 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Application was easy and without hassle. The instructions are clear, and the moulded frame that ensures accurate application is really easy to use.

After a few weeks of use, however, I've noticed that it's easy for the edges of the film to look dirty, and around where the ear speaker is I see that the film is coming up a bit. Also, the film does scratch easily, I reckon, because I now have two large scratches down the front. I'm not that bothered, to be honest – better the film than the screen.

The best thing is that you don't notice the film is there, which is a marked improvement on a lot of such things.

VivoCountry Luxury 4 Person Deluxe Natural English Willow Picnic Basket Hamper with Cutlery, Corkscrew, Cooler Bag, Glasses, Plates
Offered by Electro World
Price: 149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 22 May 2014
I've used this a few times, and everyone is always impressed with it, as it looks so professional! The only thing it's missing is a wine cooler.

Anyway, the crockery (proper porcelain) and cutlery are great, and the napkins add a bit of class. Ideal for a picnic in the park!

Diverse 105190 Ink in Glass 60 ml Mystery Black
Diverse 105190 Ink in Glass 60 ml Mystery Black
Offered by Obbo GmbH
Price: 9.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ink, 22 May 2014
...and at a great price. This is terrific ink, which I use in my Mont Blanc (Brahms) fountain pen. I'm sure it could be used with other pens.

Also, it is quite a stylish bottle; very nice. You can't go wrong, really.

WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
WD My Passport 2TB Portable Hard Drive - Black
Offered by Value_Deal
Price: 105.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 May 2014
I can't complain. It's powered through the USB cable, and works very well. I use it as a back-up for my data, and storage is really easy.

Wesco Classic Line Stainless Steel 2 Litre Stove Top Kettle, Black
Wesco Classic Line Stainless Steel 2 Litre Stove Top Kettle, Black
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab kettle, 22 May 2014
This is a terrific kettle. It has a wide base, which means it takes a lot of the heat from the stove (rather than heat going up the sides) and it looks really cool. I tried it on a friend's Aga, too, and it is superb on that; boils in no time! Anyway, it's built sturdily (thick base) and does the job really well. I love the mechanism for raising the whistle, which is neat and cool. I have recommended thee kettles to friends without question.

Also, a gas stove for heating water is better than electricity; much cheaper.

Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24
Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24
Price: 12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 22 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, it's straightforward: these are comfy, not over-lubricated, seem to wear well, and a bigger pack means a cheaper option. You can't go wrong, really. Easy to put on, too.

Lenco High Power iPod Tower - Black
Lenco High Power iPod Tower - Black
Price: 89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, fantastic value, 19 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an impressive docking station and speaker system, and sits really nicely in the corner of my living room. It looks superb, and it sits nicely on its raised base. There's an SD slot and an USB slot, which, when the unit is switched on, can be used as a charger for other devices, as well as for what it's designed for.

Anyway, the iPods, etc sit nicely on the top. My iPhone 5 does not connect, so I have to use an adapter to convert the socket, but once there, it's fine, and everything looks and sounds great.

The speakers themselves are robust and produce a very wholesome sound. On the normal settings the bass is a little weak, but that was easy to turn up. On the whole, because the speakers are large, the sound is terrific, and for this price, I'd say unbeatable.

It's a great speaker system. Look no further.

Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Price: 39.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this pair of hair straighteners to my sister to try, and she's been using them for the past month. She says it's the best pair that she's ever used, and she's been through a quite a few! They heat up very quickly, and do the job very efficiently. Hair is left flat and there is no hint of frizziness or stray hairs, and hair remains like this for quite a long time. A very impressive product, with a decent price tag.

Wildlife DNA Analysis: Applications in Forensic Science (Essential Forensic Science)
by Adrian Linacre
Price: 32.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative textbook on a novel area, 26 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is undoubtedly a textbook for undergraduates. I reckon it would serve such a student well as the spark that might well lead to a decent start for a mini-dissertation on the subject: use the references and get to the primary research from the ones given in the book. Naturally, the scientific content would be heavy for someone not versed in it, which is why I reckon it would be the spark for something more.

The book treats the topic itself is well, and goes through the mechanics and techniques required for such analysis. I suppose if someone is very interested, this book might well be the catalyst for a good Masters on the subject; the book's contents are, of course, insufficient in itself, but as that spark, it's a great introduction.

A well-written, communicative book on the subject. If you're interested in DNA analysis, this is a book for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15