Profile for Mr. K. P. Rogers > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. P. Rogers

Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500ml - Icy Mint
The Breath Co Fresh Breath Oral Rinse - 500ml - Icy Mint

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good product, 21 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this oral rinse. I reckon it does exactly what it says it does, that is it keeps my breath fresh.

I've used other similar products, and this is very similar to CB12, being that it doesn't blow your head off, seeming to be quite mild. Cordosyl is similar, whereas listening is quite strong. Mind you, listening is for dental plaque, really, whereas these are about the causes of bad breath, and Cordosyl is about gum disease.

Anyway, I like this. the bottle is chunky and the dispensing lid is very good.

ZAGG Pocket Keyboard for Tablets - Black
ZAGG Pocket Keyboard for Tablets - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and very compact: excellent!, 17 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a superb little portable keyboard. I love it!

I use it with my iPhone6 (which fits perfectly on the little fold-out ledge) and with my iPad.

The benefits of an external kepyoard are the same for all: you can see more of the screen because half of it is not taken up by the thing, so, as a customer, the choice is about the keyboard itself.

I like this one because of its compact and easy-to-fold-away size. It fits neatly in my jacket pocket or in the bottom of my briefcase.

It switches ff automatically when you close it, and comes to lfe when it is opened.

It is a great design, and is very easy to get going right away. Highly recommended!

Boxfresh Stern, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Blue (Navy/White), 8 UK (42 EU)
Boxfresh Stern, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Blue (Navy/White), 8 UK (42 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality shoes, excellent materials and build, 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am impressed with this pair of shoes. They are comfortable, made of good materials, and look really nice on the foot. As others have commented, I like the fact that the branding is minimal, and the dark blue colour is really smart looking.

These are a nice cross-over pair of shoes: relatively smart looking and yet also at home where others might be in trainers. I prefer these Boxfresh ones over trainers any day of the week.

Nice laces complement the shoes, and I am sure that the excellent manufacture quality will mean that these last.

Bialetti Elegance Venus Induction 6  Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
Bialetti Elegance Venus Induction 6 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific coffee, 29 April 2015
I am delighted with this. The coffee is really good.

I fill up with water to just below the valve, then place the coffee holder in. Add a few spoons of coffee (without packing down) and then screw on the top, taking care not to use the handle to tighten. 3-4 minutes later coffee is produced. The benefit of the tall top compartment is that there's no splashing.

I recommend cleaning only with warm water (no soap).

Medieval Rome: Stability and Crisis of a City, 900-1150 (Oxford Studies In Medieval European History)
by Chris Wickham

5.0 out of 5 stars What a treat. A scholarly masterpiece., 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A lot has been written about Rome during the Empire and then again from a Vatican perspective for the period since that, and Renessaince and modern Italy is certainly catered for. So, in my view, this fills a gap of what is, and proves to be, a curious and exciting period. Whilst most events that shaped the Renessaince come from the likes of Florence and Venice, it is clear from this well-written and wholly readable volume, that Rome during the mediaeval period, had an influence, too.

The period for Rome is marked by lurches from stability to crisis, as the book's subtitle suggests. The author has gone to great lengths to ensure that academic rigour is maintained, with plenty of footnotes and references for the reader to follow-up on if he wishes.

In a lot of respects this is an academic read, for a student of the period, it is most certainly not useful as a guide book! I found it fascinating, and certainly learnt a lot. Some chapters I found hard because the level of presumed knowledge is high, but with Wikipedia by my side, I was able to get through and be rewarded with wider knowledge.

Lexar Professional JumpDrive S55 128GB USB 3.0 (150MB/s) Antibacterial Surface Design Flash Drive Memory Stick - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent memory stick, 2 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I continue to be amazed at the amount of storage available in such a small space. A 128Gb memorystick is terrific. One can have most things on these tiny devices.

Other reviews here state that the plug bit is made of plastic. That is not the case with the one I have here (a white 128Gb, with metal plug, and a plastic protector).

It is lightening fast. Took about 5 seconds to transfer a 140Mb file. It got up to about 26Mb/second transfer speed.

Very impressed. I think it's fairly well built. I am very happy.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job in a safe way, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you live in a hardwater area, as I do (London) then it is, without a doubt, important to descale regularly appliances that use water. If you don't, the appliances become clogged, work inefficiently, and will have a shorter lifespan. This is why I descale kettles, and always use a softener in my washing machine.

This sort of product is ideal for a coffee maker. I poured it into the tank, and it got to work. You do notice the difference as the water comes through after rescaling much more freely and easily. This is a tasteless organic acid.

I do think it's a bit pricey, though.

Normally, I use a couple of teaspoons of solid citric acid, then flush through with more water. Of course,mender use mineral acids (like hydrochloride acid) on metal: only organic acids. I won't use vinegar because it will contaminate with smell.

So, as a product it works. But there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with FlexBall Technology
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor with FlexBall Technology
Offered by Electrics Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent shaver, like other Gillette shavers., 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have seen these everywhere recently. I'm not convinced that they're a major stop forward in shaving, but for comfort and closeness of shave, I rate it highly. I still prefer the vibrating ones (perhaps that should be combined with this tilting idea). In the end, I feel that it's the quality of the blades that counts more than anything else.

Bernstein Conducts Sibelius (Symphonies Nos 1, 2, 5, 7) [DVD] [NTSC] [2010]
Bernstein Conducts Sibelius (Symphonies Nos 1, 2, 5, 7) [DVD] [NTSC] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sibelius
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful performances to treasure, 13 Mar. 2015
A superb testament to the great Leonard Bernstein.

Recorded towards the very end of his life (and the projected cycle left incomplete at his death) these are magisterial accounts of these great symphonies (1, 2, 5 & 7). I would recommend them to all.

This is an older-and-wiser Bernstein, living every note and bar, and giving the listener that same undimmed concentration. These are quite vast interpretations (not necessarily in timescale), monumental even, but able to explore the intricacies.

Repeated listening rewards.

IKO 8m Shed Felt - Green
IKO 8m Shed Felt - Green
Offered by Ashbrook Roofing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected -- excellent, 13 Mar. 2015
I put this on my shed because the old cover was coming loose.

Over a year later it still looks terrific, and is secure and doing the job. I imagine that it'll last many years.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20