Profile for Claiton Lovato Jr. > Reviews

Content by Claiton Lovato Jr.

Claiton Lovato Jr.

TP-Link TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit Desktop/Rackmount Switch
TP-Link TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit Desktop/Rackmount Switch
Price: 70.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 22 Feb 2012
I got this switch to expand my wired network on my home office, as I work from home on multiple personal projects, I have quite a few computers running, and needed more network throughput without breaking the bank, this switch sounded like a good product for a reasonable price. Of course I had to compromise as my original idea was a managed switch but this one does what I need now. I get very good performance result from the original speed tests I did.

Synology 3.5 inch High Performance 2-Bay SATA NAS Server
Synology 3.5 inch High Performance 2-Bay SATA NAS Server
Offered by Kikatek
Price: 310.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed so far, 22 Feb 2012
I got this NAS after some very lousy problems with my previous Iomega IX-2 NAS (that I can't stress how much I hated since the day I got). This Synology I got after a few weeks of research and comparison between all sizes and prices of the available models, this one was the better fit for my pocket and needs, and so far I am not disappointed with what I got.
The main utilization for this NAS was a split between home use (photos, music, movies, etc) and professional use as I also work from home (store projects, many backups of databases and from the servers, plus running some VMs also), so for me speed was a very important part to consider and this NAS, particularly with the dual network card, promised great read speed and very good write speed, and am not disappointed, on wired network I get pretty reliable speeds and am constantly streaming music on the house sound system, and most of the evenings movies or series over wifi, and I didn't see a glitch on performance yet.
To complement this NAS I got 2 WD Caviar 3TB (WD30EZRX) that is compatible with the NAS (I do recommend that you check for all compatible HDDs on Synology's website first as RAID has some pretty complex requirements on HDDs so its important that you get a compatible model that is tested so you don't lose you HDD and most importantly your data). I set it up with the 2 Gigabit with link aggregation to get the most out of it. The initial setup was fine, and formatting and partitioning the disks took some time but it's a 3 TB disk anyway.
I must say that I am also very impressed with the DSM (the NAS operating system) it's a very good implementation for a NAS, and goes much beyond a regular file system management with loads of additional apps for music/photo/video management and all other bits and bobs like surveillance, external disks, ddns, etc that most NAS offers also. I didn't use the Web Services yet.
I also just got the Synology apps for iPad and Android and they worked as you would expect, the photo one is really good, enabling you to browser the entire collection of pictures with very good performance, the only point I couldn't figure out yet on the apps is how to login with my Domain Accounts, don't even know if its possible or not.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money?, 8 Aug 2011
I have a HP printer that uses the 363 cartridges, unfortunately the only pack that contains all 6 cartridges is this one that also has the photo paper that i dont use too much. The reason i would like to buy only the cartridges and not with the paper, is because my wife as a designer uses a lot the ink with high quality printing on many different papers but not the photo ones, meaning i end up with a pile of photo paper that i never use as she uses her own paper. The only other option from HP is the 3 cartridges set or the individual ones that are too expensive. Apart from this "value pack" that is not much value for me, the product is great.

Sandisk 8GB Mobile Ultra Micro-SD Memory Card - Retail Pack
Sandisk 8GB Mobile Ultra Micro-SD Memory Card - Retail Pack
Offered by Acememory
Price: 5.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Third one I bought..., 1 Jun 2009
This was the third one I bought, not because the previous 2 broken, but because its really good and handy and because I gave one to my sister. Anyway, the Micro SD card is really good, I use one as a bootable device (I created a primary partition on it) and could for instance use it to install WinServer 2K8 on a box without DVD what really solved me a huge headache. The performance is really good, reading and writing files really fast on my USB2. The Adapter mate is really handy, it's almost the size of the microSD itself + the USB connection of course, the only thing is that the first time I had to remove the SD from the adapter took me a long time because it was really tight, so all the three I had problems on the first time to remove, but really didn't depreciate the product rate because of that one off.