Profile for Terryj > Reviews

The Color Encyclopedia of Hostas
The Color Encyclopedia of Hostas
by Diana Grenfell

5.0 out of 5 stars One for the Hosta fanatic, 12 Jun. 2009
I have been a fan of Hostas for years now and thought I had seen the best of the books about them. However this title is a pleasant surprise. A nice large size format, loads of sumptuous colour pictures. Last but not least all the cultural information you would need to grow each of the varieties shown.

Bleeding Hearts, Corydalis, and Their Relatives
Bleeding Hearts, Corydalis, and Their Relatives
by Mark C. Tebbitt

5.0 out of 5 stars A long awaited book, 12 Jun. 2009
Previously I hadn't seen a book specifically dealing with this group of plants.So it was a pleasant surprise when this one was published. Very informative and written in a non technical manner make this book an all round excellent buy for those interested in these lovely plants.

I Care Because You Do
I Care Because You Do

5.0 out of 5 stars More excellent ear candy, 30 Dec. 2006
This review is from: I Care Because You Do (Audio CD)
This is another excellent album from this artist that I am very pleased to have heard. Another listening experience that won't disappoint those familiar with the Aphex Twin way of doing things. In some ways this CD one reminds me a little of Selected Ambient Works 85-92, though in the main somewhat faster moving. As with that album each track is refreshingly different. Tracks such "Acrid Avid Jam Shred" a lengthy but never dull offering are a treat. Another track "Come on you slags!" (Yes a strange name indeed) with the background of female discussion coming & going is a strange concept but one that works superbly. What with that & the fast moving echoing beat makes it a memorable piece of music. These & all other tracks are worth a listen. The more you do the more you'll like them!

Selected Ambient Works 85-92
Selected Ambient Works 85-92

5.0 out of 5 stars Something truly different, 30 Dec. 2006
Though I like most kinds of music this album was something that made me sit up & take notice. So refreshingly different to what I've heard before. The name Aphex Twin first came to my attention on hearing a track (I can't remember which) on the radio. I searched & found this cd, one I never tire of listening to. The first track, Xtal, is a particular favourite. The gorgeous sound of a soft female voice flows through so beautifully. Each of the remaining tracks is different to the others. All in all a feast for the senses but be prepared for something different as some tracks may take getting some used to. I highly recommend every one.