Profile for JBird > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether
Tommee Tippee Explora Puzzle Teether

5.0 out of 5 stars Best teething toy!, 24 Sept. 2013
I love this teether and so does my little one. I had one for my first child too, but passed it on to a friend so I decided to buy another. It's light so easy to lift even for a 3-month old and now she's 4 months old she's starting to enjoy it even more, loving the colours, the sounds, the movement and the textures. She finds it fascinating! Very good value for money and certainly a winner with the baby.

Siku - 1:87 Scale - Low Loader With John Deere Tractors
Siku - 1:87 Scale - Low Loader With John Deere Tractors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy, 16 July 2013
Took a risk and bought this for a 2-year-old boy who just loves tractors. Thought the parents could supervise or put it away til later if they thought it was unsuitable, but it turns out it is now one of his favourite toys! He loves the size of the tractors because they are a bit smaller than his other toys and fit nicely in his hands. Well made, good quality, look just like the real thing.

Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging
Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging
by Margaret Mayo
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 16 July 2013
Bought as a present for a 2-year-old boy, he absolutely loves it! Diggers are always a favourite with boys and apparently the words are very catchy, boy's mother know them by heart now!

Bestfeeding: How to Breastfeed Your Baby
Bestfeeding: How to Breastfeed Your Baby
by Mary J. Renfrew

4.0 out of 5 stars Bestfeeding, 16 July 2013
I should have bought this sooner, maybe even before baby was born, but still, it felt reassuring to read and realise I was not that far off the mark. I found most of the advice on the internet, but this gives more detail. I was struggling with a very painful cracked nipple that wouldn't heal but any amount of shifting position wouldn't fix that, it just wouldn't heal. Breast milk expressed and rubbed in healed it in the end. Still, the book gave me the strength to persevere and not lose faith or give up

Lansinoh® HPA® Lanolin 40g
Lansinoh® HPA® Lanolin 40g
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Lansinoh lanolin, 16 July 2013
Studied reviews then bought 2 tubes of this, was desperate, had been breastfeeding for 5 weeks with agonising cracks on one side, was seriously considering giving up. This soothed but in the end I felt like I was actually using it too much and it was making things worse. What finally cured the cracks was expressing a little milk, rubbing it in and letting it dry naturally - almost instant results! Then I developed dry, chapped skin on the areola so I continued to use it most days but less frequently but now using Senogel which works better for me with this particular problem.

Safety 1st Compact Fold Portable Bedrail
Safety 1st Compact Fold Portable Bedrail

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedrail, 27 April 2013
Exactly what I wanted, daughter just moved from cot to a normal bed and found her sleeping on the floor a couple of times! A good length for a big (i.e. adult-sized) single bed. Exactly as described.

Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Limited Edition Gruffalo (Brown)
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Limited Edition Gruffalo (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gruffalo trunki, 30 May 2012
Bought this for a recent trip away when I was traveling alone with my toddler. Thought it might help me get her from the plane to the baggage lounge a little easier, as they always take the buggy away and I don't get it back until we collect our cases. The fact that it was the Gruffalo was a huge hit (I thought the others looked a little plain in comparison) and it was a handy way to carry a few favourite toys on board without stuffing my handbag to the point of overflowing. She 'rode' it just long enough for me to make some good progress before the novelty wore off. Bit tricky pulling it through the crowds when people are racing past you on either side. She liked pulling it along herself more than sitting on it, which slowed us down quite a lot...maybe at 2.5 years she's still just a little too young but I expect it'll get plenty more use on future trips. Ryanair didn't bat an eyelid which was a relief. Solid, robust, wheels work well, can be a little hard to steer but we love it and it's easy to slip over your shoulder when she loses interest. All in all a good buy and I would definitely recommend it. We saw several of its brothers and sisters at the airports too which made for some good conversations!

Breil Men's Gear Quartz Watch TW0689 with Black and Silver Chronograph Dial ,Stainless Steel Case and Bracelet

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch!, 18 Mar. 2012
There's no doubt this is the genuine article and it's a lovely, solid watch and looks really smart. Bought to replace another Breil watch that got lost but very similar and cost three times as much!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll never change shampoo again, 6 Jan. 2012
I was having real trouble with my scalp after my last favourite shampoo went out of production. It was getting worse and worse and no anti-dandruff shampoos, prescribed or otherwise were making the slightest bit of difference. I'd even been to a specialist dermatologist but to no avail. My skin felt tight every time I washed my hair and then got crusty and flaked as the day progressed. It was miserable. This shampoo is just wonderful, instant relief from the tightness and, after four or five washes my scalp was almost completely cured. It leaves your hair feeling clean and glossy. I'm converted. I've already re-ordered my next batch to avoid being without it. I'll never use another shampoo again, so really hope they never stop making it!!!

The Bloke's Guide To Pregnancy
The Bloke's Guide To Pregnancy
by Jon Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not right for my bloke, 11 Jun. 2009
Sorry, I guess my husband just doesn't fit into that beer-swilling crowd that needs to be out with the lads rather than spending time with his wife. He tried, but this book's just not for him, not his style at all. The book gives the impression that your pregnancy couldn't possibly be anything but an unwanted surprise and how 'blokes' can juggle their previous laddish lives with trying to show willing to the 'ball and chain'. There are actually men out there who are excited to be future fathers and have a genuine interest in what their wives or partners, and the new life growing inside them, are going through...and this is NOT the book for them.

Page: 1 | 2