Profile for Alan Wallace > Reviews

Content by Alan Wallace

Alan Wallace "Bluenose12" (Glasgow,Scotland)

Sanyo DVD-SX25 Multi-region capable Slim Line DVD Player
Sanyo DVD-SX25 Multi-region capable Slim Line DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine DVD Player., 6 Jan 2007
I bought this machine almost a week ago.It was very easy to setup,just plug it in and then set up a few personal preferences,like wide screen etc.and away it went.Good picture quality and has played every disc I've tried in it.These include....DVD +RW,DVD +R,DVD -RW,DVD -R,VCD,SVCD,MP3 files on either a CD or DVD.The sound quality when playing MP3 is very good,especially if you hook the player up to your Hi - Fi.All in all,superb value for £[...].
I'd also like to thank the reviewers who posted the instructions to make it Multi Region.

DIGIHOME DVB915 FREEVIEW Digital Terrestrial Receiver with SCART Lead
DIGIHOME DVB915 FREEVIEW Digital Terrestrial Receiver with SCART Lead

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price., 5 Nov 2006
This is very easy to set up and even worked fine on my ancient loft ariel that leads to my room.This does exactly what you want from a freeview box and it's at an unbeatable price.Mine has been working well for over 2 weeks now and I'd recommend it.

Pioneer DVR-440HX-S 80GB HDD DVD Recorder - Silver
Pioneer DVR-440HX-S 80GB HDD DVD Recorder - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine., 5 Nov 2006
I've had this machine for nearly 3 weeks now and I've found it to be a super buy.It has played just about every disc I've tried,the one thing it doesn't seem to play is a DVD disc with MP3 files,it plays MP3 files on CD perfectly though so it's not a big problem.The built in Digital (Freeview) tuner is great,no more recording from rubbishy analogue TV signals.SP recording quality is great,LP is pretty good too tough I wouldn't go any lower than LP quality as the picture becomes pixelly at fast moving parts.The editing facilities of the machine are excellent too,you can easily cut out adverts from programs and you can then copy them from the Hard drive to a DVD if you want to keep the program.All in all this is a great machine and I'd recommend it.It does make a humming noise when on but you soon get used to it and hardly notice it.I just hope my usual jinx doesn't get hold now,usually when I write a glowing review for a product it all starts going wrong(fingers crossed).Buy this machine with confidence,you won't be disappointed.

Philips 26PF4310 26" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV
Philips 26PF4310 26" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended TV, 30 April 2006
I've had this TV for 5 days now and everything is working fine.To help anyone buying,when you put it on right away it automatically stores your TV channels,if after it does this you have no pictures press 'menu' on your remote and make sure 'System' is set to 'UK' mine was set to 'France' but I just changed it to 'UK' and hey presto all the channels were there and all were stored in their correct positions.Picture is fine on Analogue TV but is really smart when on Digital (Sky etc.)I'm very happy with my purchase and I must add that Amazon's customer service was second to none.

Lite-On LVW-5006 Dual Format  Multi Region capable DVD Recorder DVD+ / - R/RW
Lite-On LVW-5006 Dual Format Multi Region capable DVD Recorder DVD+ / - R/RW

5.0 out of 5 stars My first DVD recorder., 17 Dec 2004
I've had my Lite-on 5006 for a couple of days now and I'm delighted with it.It's very easy to setup,just press a couple of buttons and the machine programs all your TV channels automatically.The picture and sound quality of the recordings is top notch and the ability to record from your satellite box or to transfer video tapes to DVD make this the perfect introduction to the world of DVD recorders.Also anything I have recorded on the Lite-on 5006 plays fine on my Yamada DVD player.This is an exceptional buy for the money,go and buy one now.