Profile for Mr. M. Keen > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Keen

Mr. M. Keen (Malvern, Worcestershire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Guess The Emoji
Guess The Emoji

1.0 out of 5 stars 100 coins free?, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Guess The Emoji (App)
No free coins are given with this game.

A bit of a cheat it doesn't give the free coins at all.

Samsung Plus 64GB Micro SD SDXC Class 10 UHS-I Memory card, Upto 48MB/S with Adapter
Offered by Low Price Memory

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware! Might NOT be a Samsung Card provided!, 31 July 2014
Beware of who supplies this!

A company called BEST BUY is proving a generic product that doesn't work. They are selling the same item at a much lower price too.

This is NOT a Samsung Card when provided by BEST BUY!

Waste of time. Waste of money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2014 12:47 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!! But be Careful. Read all the description., 17 April 2014
Dinky. Looks like a flash drive. Received promply. Well packaged.

Packaging very smart and professional everything you need in the box. Set up easy. I love the screen saver wallpapers. Easy to cast to and works like a dream.

But try as I might, using phone and tablet, I could only get YouTube and Google Play Movies to play video. I wanted to play videos I have bought or made myself from my network player, but I just couldn't do it. It seems if your player is not Chromecast compatible, you can't cast a video. I thought this might work like a DLNA dongle, but it doesn't.

HOWEVER! Having done some research and a bit of trial and error, I have managed to get my laptop to cast absolutely anything I want. What you need to do is download and install the Chromecast extension from the CHROME App Store. That will enable your laptop to cast YouTube and Chrome. To play other video files that you may have saved, you need to load a Player App for Chrome. The one I am using is called Videostream for Chromecast. It has a snazzy orange GUI and is really easy to use. I have gone through a wide selection of videos, bought and home made, and everyone played really well in full HD splendour.

I'm a Google fan and a Chrome fan. I was disappointed when it didn't do what I THOUGHT is would do, but now I have overcome most of those problems, I am chuffed to bits!

If anyone knows an android app that can Chromecast none YouTube or Play Movie so I can get my phone and tablet to work, please let me know! My life will be complete! Ha ha!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 7:15 AM BST

Friedland Doorman Wirefree Plug-In Door Chime with 3 Melodies & Operating Range of 50 Metres

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT a Friedland Evo DOOR CHIME. DON'T BUY IT if you want a Friedland Evo model., 31 Mar. 2014
This is NOT a Friedland Evo door chime. It is an inferior look alike. It is not compatible with any Friedland Evo models and is NOT made by Friedland (so Friedland tell me).

If you want a cheap wireless door chime, this is ok but expensive. There are cheaper door chimes on Amazon that are as good or better than this one.

If you want a Friedland Evo door chime, look elsewhere.

Notice that the packaging in the picture doesn't even show the Friedland Evo name.

Trying to think the best of all people, I am guessimg this is an error. On the other hand, as many people have written before me that this product is NOT a Friedland Evo product, I wonder if this is a deliberate con by the seller? I don't know, this is me guessing.

What ever the case - DON'T BUT THIS is you want a Friedland Evo product or a product that is compatible with other Friedland Evo models or Friedland products.

I have applied to send the units I bought back. It will be interesting to see if I get my money back.

DroidBOX X7 with DroidBOX VIP mini keyboard -  Movies & TV Kodi 15.1 Isengard AirPlay UPnP DLNA IPTV Mini Web Streaming HTPC Player, QuadCore Rockchip RK3188T 1Gb Ram, 8GB Internal Memory, WiFi, 100mbps LAN, 1080P 3D, Mali400 High Performance 3D GPU
DroidBOX X7 with DroidBOX VIP mini keyboard - Movies & TV Kodi 15.1 Isengard AirPlay UPnP DLNA IPTV Mini Web Streaming HTPC Player, QuadCore Rockchip RK3188T 1Gb Ram, 8GB Internal Memory, WiFi, 100mbps LAN, 1080P 3D, Mali400 High Performance 3D GPU

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't just sit there! BUY THIS PRODUCT NOW!!!!, 26 Mar. 2014
This little android box is absolutely brilliant. I have only had it a couple of weeks or so, and I am really only scratching the surface of all the facilities you can enjoy on the DroidBox X7, but I have seen enough to write this review to recommend it to you - without hesitation.

I also have a Sony Google TV box which costs twice as much as the X7, but the DroidBox does everything the Sony unit can and FAR MUCH MORE. I will say that the Sony is a little more slick in its operation, a bit more intuitive perhaps, but I am already getting used to the DroidBox, well enough to see it is just as easy to use as the the Sony.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect much. I am not familiar with the XBox Media Centre, so did not know what to expect from that, but with so many Android TV products on the market I doubted anything would be as good as my Sony box. I can't speak for the others, but the DroidBox X7 is VERY impressive and I wouldn't waste my time - or money - on trying anything else now.

For those of us who get impatient with set up routines, I must admit I did wonder just how long the box was going to take to initialise and complete the various routines needed to get the most out of it. It felt like ages, but wasn't that long at all. More than that, having set up everything XMBCGadgets recommend, it is well worth that few minutes.

Once complete, I was greeted with a staggering number of apps, options and sub-apps. As I said, I haven't had chance to try them all out yet, but those I have have been brilliant.

I have mine hooked up to my Home LAN. It plays Videos, Music and Image slideshows with no fuss or fiddling about from every device I have hooked up to it. Without question, it is as good and as quick with locally stored stuff on a 16Gb Micro SIM card. Fantastic.

I am gifted with a little technical knowledge - enough to be dangerous! But I do not consider myself expert by any means. The DroidBox is not all "press one button and go", but it is as close as you can get. I am not sure you could make access to the HUGE number of apps, services, etc, much more simple anyway. There is a lot that is almost as simple as changing channel on your TV, so those of you who are worried about the prospect of having to "learn" how to use this box, need not worry. There is plenty for you without ploughing any deeper.

When you DO plough deeper, and start to learn about the facilities XBMCG have put on for you, then it becomes mindblowing. It's fantastic. I'd love to give you an example, but there's so much to choose from and as I said, I have only scratched the surface. Have you ever gone through a book, encyclopedia, or even searched the internet and found yourself distracted by something else interesting? Well that's the DroidBox X7. It's like a box of new toys!

The unit is silver, slim and smart and has a friendly, not too bright, blue LED indicator which come on when the unit is on. It stays in stand-by after you have switched off, and then after a few mins, the LED goes out too. Now annoying blue glow if you have it in your bedroom. It has one USB socket (I'd have preferred two, but this isn't a problem), it takes a micro SIM card and can output through HDMI and RCA Video/Right, Left Audio outputs should you be short of HDMI inputs on your TV or whatever.

Picture and sound quality are unquestionably good. Speed of response in all areas from loading Video to accessing sites on the web are as good as my laptop, better in some instances.

I did have one hiccup with my purchase (such a small problem I won't even bother saying any more about it), and I only mention this for another BIG reason for buying this unit.....

The service from XBMCGadgets was totally and utterly EXCELLENT. Their support chap, Chris, bent over backwards to help me. He almost literally held my hand (via email) to ensure the problem was resolved with the minimum of fuss. For me, especially considering the price I paid for the X7, such excellent service was a brilliant surprise. I have come across some pretty shoddy couldn't care less sellers who besmirch the good name of Amazon, but XBMCG are certainly NOT like that. For those of us born in the sixties and before, XBMCG are your good old fashioned "anything I can do to help" type companies. That's something sadly lacking in companies these days.

So, although I could go on much longer (and usually do!), I will summarise by saying the following....

1) You are SAFE to buy this product
2) You do not have to worry about what sort of service you get (or not) if you have a query - no matter how small
3) This product is worth two or three times the price it is sold for
4) If you are a technophobe - don't worry, it's easy to use
5) If you like to dabble - there's plenty to whet your appetite with the X7
6) The seller will look after you and support you from fast delivery in suitably protected packaging to really complex problems (should you be really unlucky enough to need it)
7) My keywords for this product are CONFIDENCE, EASY TO USE, SAFE PURCHASE, VALUE FOR MONEY, SATISFACTION

Am I on commission from XBMCG? No (it's a thought!). But I was a senior manager and director of a number of well known companies you may well have used "off the high street" and I know what good service is all about. This product and the company selling it have impressed me THAT much.

Buy one now. You won't be disappointed.

:-)

CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V
Offered by decolectrix2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy from BargainShop London - you could end up losing money., 12 Mar. 2014
I have had the misfortune of dealing with this company more than once and on EVERY occasion they have caused me problems. You might have the same experience as me.

They send goods inadequately packaged and broken, then made me were most unhelpful when it came to replacing them. On another occasion, they claimed to have obtained my signature in receipt of an order. They had not. Even though the Royal Mail evidence proved it. They refuse to deal with issues that are required of them under the laws of Distance Selling (Mail Order). Their customer service ethic is that the customer is always WRONG.

They have refused a refund to me when they failed to supply goods to me.

I see there are many five star scores for BS. That's because even idiots can dispatch junk and take your money and to it correctly sometimes.

I am willing to be proved wrong. But I post this as a warning. YOU COULD HAVE AS MUCH TROUBLE AS I HAVE.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2014 5:11 AM GMT

1byone Portable Wireless Door Chime, MP3 Player Doorbell with 100 Meters Range, Touch Control and SD Slot, White

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T buy this - Doesn't Work. Bits missing. Software Contains Virus, 29 Jan. 2014
Don't buy this. A good an idea as it sounds and it really looks nice, that's it. First I noticed that the wall fixings and transmitter battery were missing. Contacted seller to supply - still waiting for them to reply. Tried to load software, Norton wouldn't have it. Tried on other machines with MacAfee, AVG and Kaspersky - same thing. Manual doesn't cover this problem. Diagrams are in Japanese.

If the seller could provide the parts and some clean software, I will retract this statement. At least then I'll be able to see if it works properly.

As things stand, I have a door chime that's the same as many half the price.

DON'T BUY THIS!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 11:17 PM GMT

1.0 out of 5 stars Question...., 21 May 2012
Guess what?

They don't work.

Clare and Rob - where can I get one of your big toes?

And will it be clean?

BT Diverse 6410 - DECT Cordless Phone - Twin Pack
BT Diverse 6410 - DECT Cordless Phone - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars BT Detailed Spec, 17 Mar. 2009
Excellent Phone.

Sorry Amazon, your spec is wrong or inadequate. See the extremely useful and detailed spec given on the BT Shop site.

This phone has USB PC interface, VoIP and lots more!

I still bought from Amazon, though!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUT THIS ITEM OR ANYTHING ELSE FROM U-BOP, 13 Jan. 2008
I bought 2 Nokia 5200 snap on covers and the the phone would not work with them. The advice U-BOP gave me rendered my phone completely useless. I am now £100+ out of pocket and having to buy a new phone.

Worse than that, U-Bop were unhelp, patronising and even rude.

This IS only my experience, and I will NEVER use them again. There's lots of good feedback about this company, but I think they're unprofessional pushers of poor quality merchandise with at least one senior person in the company who appears only to want your money and is not interested in good service.

Your choice, but as one of them said to me "Caviat Emptor" - Let the buyer beware!

Page: 1 | 2