Profile for S. C. Johnson > Reviews

Content by S. C. Johnson

S. C. Johnson

Page: 1 | 2
Caboki 9g Medium Brown (25 Days Supply)
Caboki 9g Medium Brown (25 Days Supply)
Offered by Hair Additions UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with Caboki, 2 Sept. 2014
Having seen multiple video clips of this product I must say that it has NOT lived up to the hype in my experience. To be honest I thought it was just like talc. I bought the medium brown after purchasing a competitors product in dark brown previously and wanted to compare this brand and colour. My hair is possibly somewhere between medium and dark brown, but it stands out way too much near the front of the hairline, despite having quite a few hairs for it to stick to. Video clips of this show it being tapped onto the head and then brushed into the hair to help it attract to hair fibres and. I was expecting it to mimmick hair fibres and it doesn't. Its probably OK at the back of the hair on the crown, providing its put on well (usually with the assistance of another). If I could offer advice to anyone buying it I would say use it on top of the head only and avoid temples altogether and close to the front of the hairline. Its probably only good for stopping shadow on the top of the head. Won't buy this product again.

Poltergeist [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [1982] [Region Free]
Poltergeist [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [1982] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ JoBeth Williams
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Scary but Blu-Ray grainy, 30 Jun. 2014
A classic horror with truly scary scenes, especially the preacher man who has the most creepiest face ever. A good follow on to the first film. On the downside the Blu-ray quality was poor in my opinion as I expect pin sharp quality in all films on Blu-ray. There appeared to be a grainy effect tin the film quality like an old video or when you compare Blu- ray to dvd. For me that was really annoying as I could have just bought a dvd for that quality.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2014 3:31 PM BST

Toppik Hair Building Fibers - Dark brown
Toppik Hair Building Fibers - Dark brown
Offered by Essential Products On Line

4.0 out of 5 stars Confidence booster, 30 Jun. 2014
Good value compared to other brands. It is a bit like coloured talc to be fair on appearance, but if applied correctly it does the job. It gives the illusion of thicker hair for sure. The downside is you can't really cover those bald temple areas, which I am sure most of us want to target, other than bald patches. You can see it too if apply right near the front of the forehead at the base of the hair. Definitely needs other hairs to cling to so don't expect thick looking hair if really bald.

It can look a little like a stain on your head too if you buy the wrong shade. I bought the dark brown when really should have tried the medium. However, there is no doubt is gives the impression of thicker hair as it cleverly conceals shiny scalp areas that reflect light normally. Give it a go, but use it more for special occasions. I recommend 2 mirrors if applying to the back of your head and if possible ask a partner or friend to do bald patches as can be tricky if not applied just right. You don't want to have a coloured stain and a little bit of bald patch showing just near that as it can ruin the illusion. Overall worth a go and a cheap alternative to hair transplants. A good confidence booster.

House Of The Devil [DVD] [2009]
House Of The Devil [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jocelin Donahue
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars How horror used to be, 30 Jun. 2014
Bought this film after catching the last 20 minutes or so on a horror channel on television. Was impressed enough by what I saw to look into buying the film even though I had never heard of it before. The beginning is definitely like watching a very early 80's film intro and to be honest I thought the music was a little tacky at the beginning, although I can see that the director was trying to add to the early 80's film atmosphere. However, don't let that put you off watching the rest of the film.

The films does build up slowly, which to be honest makes it more watchable as you are not given anything too early, which can sometimes ruin films in my opinion. It adds to the mood and makes you want to keep watching. I also love the fact that you are not given too many characters either, which could otherwise ruin the type of community it is supposed to be set in. I think the two house owners are very well cast as both have a scary look about them, which makes the house even more creepier.

The suspense builds and then all of a sudden you are given the true identity of what lives in the house. Unlike the intro music the rest is much better and helps give a scary feel. I wont ruin it for you by telling you what happens, but in my opinion if you like classic horror films like Rosemary's Baby and films that build up tension you will love this. Loads better than the slasher style horror, which in my opinion is just gore for the sake of it. This is definitely a must for those of you who long for horror to be as it was back in those cult horror periods of the late 1970's and early 1980's.

This film deserves its place in the collection of true horror fans. Love it and can't wait to watch again. Turn the lights low and add to the atmosphere it creates for the best effect.

Eyesential Non-Surgical Eyelift
Eyesential Non-Surgical Eyelift
Offered by My Beauty Secrets

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonder product if used correctly, 27 Aug. 2013
Having seen this product on a television shopping channel I was amazed how quick and positive the result was. The effect of taking years of people in just a few minutes was truly remarkable. It certainly works. It does reduce wrinkles and plump out areas to reduce the appearance of heavy eye bags. It is quick acting and works even quicker if fanned.

There are drawbacks though. Ensure you don't get carried away with trying to put too much on. You are best in my experience of doing what it says in the instructions, which is to only apply 1-3 applications. I use 3 applications per eye and start with 2 sweeps of the eye bags, followed by a final sweep just under the eyes where wrinkles lines are deeper.

If you apply too much it does show by leaving a powdery residue on the skin. Too much may also make the product look more obvious as the skin can appear slightly lighter in tone and looks stretched in appearance. However, this can be quickly remedied in my experience by a few pads of warm water on areas where powdery residue may be easily visible. Particularly just to the sides of eyes. I would not recommend dabbing water over the main areas where you want to reduce overuse signs as will probably cancel out the effect of the product. Be careful if dabbing water as I believe it can lead too a slight reduction in the product's ability to retain the tautness of the area you are trying to improve.

I must admit that it can be very addictive to keep using daily as the effect is so positive. You will not totally remove eyebags as if I tilt my head forward so light hits the underneath of eyes they are still visible. However, the improvement is very impressive indeed and I would totally recommend the product. Once it wears off and you go back to how you were it is then you realise just how good the product is. I am a male who does not use make up in conjunction with the product and so I would suggest that with make up it could look very impressive. I avoid moisturiser usage too when I use.

Buy and and try it for yourself. You will see definate improvement. I have used the product 3 times now and the first time I used it it only appeared to last about 4 hours. My last 2 applications have lasted a good 8 hours. If it lasts about 150 applications, which I seem to recall is possible with the 20ml size bottle, it will be value for money.

Disturbia [DVD]
Disturbia [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shia LaBeouf

4.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Disturbia [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this thriller with Shia Labeouf (lead character from the film "Transformers"). It is easy watching and is full of clever surprises as you would expect from a good thriller. Basically its about a lad who is tagged for a crime and so housebound. During his confinement at home he suspects his next door neighbour is a killer after seeing a story on the news. He is assisted by a new neighbour, a girl who he becomes attracted to. Trying to prove his neighbour is a killer proves difficult as he cannot leave his house for fear of breaking his house arrest terms. This thriller has a very tense ending and so worth buying.

Tales Of The Unexpected - Series 7 - Complete [DVD]
Tales Of The Unexpected - Series 7 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ George Peppard

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst of the series, 8 Jan. 2013
In my opinion this buy was a waste of money. I bought this 7th series purely to add to my collection. However, after watching these episodes once each I don't feel I want to watch any of these episodes again. I was bored to be honest. The only 2 out of the whole 20 episodes I found worth watching were "Number Eight" about a hitch-hiker, which makes you believe a killer on the loose is somebody else, until the end of the episode and "In the cards" about a card reader who foresees a chance to get rich - with an unexpected twist of fate. Despite some familiar faces such as George Peppard (Hannibal in the 80s series The A Team), Jane Asher, Patrick Mower (Emmerdale), Charles Dance (from the 80s film the Golden Child with Eddie Murphy) and Zoe Wanamaker (from the tv series My Family) the series no where near lives up to the reputation of the earlier series. Save your money or buy others from the series.

Laptop Adapter for HP Compaq Presario CQ60 CQ61 CQ58 CQ57 CQ70 CQ71 CQ56 (All Models) Laptop Charger AC Adapter Adaptor (Includes UK Powercord & 12 month warranty) - "Laptop Power" - Branded
Offered by Cambridge Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliability peace of mind, 8 Jan. 2013
So far this product has worked well. It connected to my laptop with ease, just like the original that came with my machine. I purchased this product rather than cheaper alternatives after reading other comments on Amazon. I believe it is much safer to spend a few more pounds rather than have to replace something later on because it burnt out. Delivery was quick and the product was packaged as new. Worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Personal Services (Special Edition) [DVD]
Personal Services (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Walters

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty and very funny, 22 Nov. 2012
Can't recommend buying this enough. The humour is hilarious and the acting very good too, especially by Julie Walters - hence the 5 star rating given by me. It's about a brothel owner (Julie Walters) who attracts some high profile customers. It is inspired by real life events witnessed by Cynthia Payne, who herself ran such an establishment. It is for adults only as the age restriction depicts as very sexual in content. Don't expect loads of naked bodies though as its more about the humour focussed around sexual preferences. There is some very recognisable actors and actresses too in this, which adds to the good acting in this comedy. To be honest I can't think of any negative comments to make about this film. A classic example of great british humour, and our attitudes towards sex.

Ghost Stories from the BBC: Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968 + 2010) [DVD]
Ghost Stories from the BBC: Whistle and I'll Come to You (1968 + 2010) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sir Michael Hordern (1968)
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars Spooky tales old and new, 22 Nov. 2012
Not being able to source the 2010 John Hurt version on its own you may like me be tempted to buy this dual version of this creepy tale. Containing both a colour modern version as well as the original black and white this is actually a good buy - hence my 4 star rating. The story in a nutshell is about a man who takes a break at a motel on his own only to witness ghostly encounters. The build up to the scary bits is slow in both, although I think it adds to the tension, as it gets more and more intense. I personally feel the colour version with John Hurt has much more of a fright than the original. However, the ghost in the black and white version is very cleverly done and I found it creepy. Both should be watched in the dark if you dare for maximum effect. Don't expect frights on the same level as say Paranormal activity, but both are cleverly written and like the best ghost stories play on your mind. If you are not a big fan of all types of ghost stories I wouldn't recommend buying this product as it is not a fright a minute by any means. Being a fan of what you can't see in creepy films as opposed to make up and special effects I found these very watchable overall. I wouldn;t expect you to watch over and over though, although makes a good collectors dvd.

Page: 1 | 2