Profile for Tara > Reviews

Tippitoes Step up Stool - White/Blue
Tippitoes Step up Stool - White/Blue
Price: 6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have stool, 4 May 2014
This is a sturdy stool so my tall 2 year old is happy standing on it. Nice, simple design.

Not much else to say as it's just a stool really! But I do like it and will keep it for future children too.

Close Pop-In Monkey Print Car Seat Protector (36 Months, Yellow)
Close Pop-In Monkey Print Car Seat Protector (36 Months, Yellow)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well in case of accidents, 4 May 2014
I like the colour and design of this. It's easy to fit into the car seat as well. My son has had one accident on it so far, the absorbent liner (which seems too thin to do anything) worked really well at soaking up his wee so the protector and the car seat itself were both dry and didn't need cleaning. The liner washed well in the washing machine too.

Very happy with this and will keep for future children

Tippitoes Cushioned Toilet Trainer (White/Blue)
Tippitoes Cushioned Toilet Trainer (White/Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Son loves using it, 4 May 2014
This has helped my son start using the toilet, rather than a potty. He likes having a 'special seat with handles'!

It does move around a bit on the toilet though and my son also wees over the top of it a lot as it's possibly too raised. But it does the job of making him feel safe on the big loo so I'm happy.

Boogeyman [DVD]
Boogeyman [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barry Watson
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived promptly, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Boogeyman [DVD] (DVD)
This arrived on time and in good condition - I bought it as a present so can't vouch for the quality of the film but the recipient was very pleased as it's one of their favourites

What to Expect the 1st Year
What to Expect the 1st Year
by Heidi E. Murkoff
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Really handy guidebook, 31 Oct 2013
I really enjoyed having this book on hand for each stage of my child's first year. It was very reassuring to read everything my son was doing was normal and what to look out for and expect at each stage.

But I'm not sure if there's a UK version, that would be better as there's lots in this one that doesn't apply to the UK, like all the medical appointment they seem to offer in the US but not here.

Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect and Communicate with your Baby
by Tracy Hogg
Price: 9.09

2.0 out of 5 stars Too wishy washy for me, 31 Oct 2013
I read lots of baby books, but in the end, followed none of them. They're useful for giving you an idea about what's normal and tips for how to cope with a newborn...but I found this one to be too vague and too wishy washy to be really useful.

Even though I didn't follow Gina Ford, I preferred her book because I wanted exact instructions! I can't remember anything from this book at all.

Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat (Pastel)
Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat (Pastel)
Offered by Baby Lurve
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but tricky getting a child in and out, 31 Oct 2013
This seat is really useful for when your baby can't sit up on their own. I felt much more confident knowing my son was properly supported.

But it was hard getting him in and out, he quite often had little red patches on his skin from banging against the hard plastic.

I will use it again if I have a second child.

The Baby-led Weaning Cookbook: Over 130 delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy
by Gill Rapley
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, 31 Oct 2013
I liked this book as I'm not great in the kitchen and needed guidance for weaning my baby.

I tended to use the baking section most - carrot cupcakes, banana bread etc. - but also got good ideas for lunches, things like tuna croquettes and pizza bread.

It's pretty simple stuff so if you're more confident, you probably don't need it...but I enjoyed it.

Animals of the Rainforest Nursery Wall Sticker Make-Over Kit (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant kit, 31 Oct 2013
The stickers are fantastic quality, lovely and bright, plus you get loads. We decorated my son's entire room with the one packet. They lasted from birth until 2, when we removed them to make way for cars! They showed no sign of peeling off on their own.
I would use Fisher Prices stickers again based on these.

Bath Buddies: Wiggly Octopus
Bath Buddies: Wiggly Octopus
by Jo Moon
Edition: Bath Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular with my son, 31 Oct 2013
A simple, bath book with nice, bright pictures. My son liked it so it's good enough for me! We used it to teach him some animals, so useful too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3