ARRAY(0xabc82ccc)

Mitre high speed ball pump, Grey - Size 1
Offered by ACA Sports Limited
Price: 5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 10 Feb 2012
This product is seriously rubbish falling apart ith in moments of it being used. Steer well clear and save your money is my advice.

Cock Lane Ghost: Murder, Sex and Haunting in Dr. Johnson's London
Cock Lane Ghost: Murder, Sex and Haunting in Dr. Johnson's London
by James Chambers

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Dickens of a tale, 10 Feb 2012
Never heard of the Cock Lane Ghost ? It's mentioned on the first page of "A Tale of Two Cities". Find out why the haunting involved most of Londons leading society and caused an event that has gone down in history but is now largely forgotten. Well written and takes you straight back to the time delivering the facts as the author understands them.

TomTom USB Car Charger
TomTom USB Car Charger
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: TomTom USB Car Charger (Accessory)
True Tom Tom part and far better han the one that ships with the unit originally. My only gripe is the lead is thick and stiff but I guess that's what you get when you pay more.

Corsair VS8GSDSKIT800D2 Value Select 8GB (2x4GB) DDR2 800 Mhz CL6 200 Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory Kit
Price: 180.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly in my old dell xps m1730, 14 Dec 2011
The title says it all really. The memory blew in my old xps so bought this following the reviews and, yes, it works fine so feel free to buy with confidence. As he other person said, this was. He cheapest memory I could find fir this ageing kit also.

MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7 Book/CD Package (Corrected Reprint Edition)
by Ian McLean
Price: 42.49

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 31 Aug 2010
I've read some poor reviews of this book and colleagues have told me that its not very good - to be honest it does exactly what it says on the tin - its a training manual for the exam - just sat the exam today and around 90% of the questions were answered by the content of the book - that is, read the book and you will probably pass the test - yes, there are some bits missing (typically around command lines) but if you have a years experience (like you are advised to have), understand IT and have some common sense then this book will get you straight through the exam. If you want to know how to actually deploy Windows 7 correctly and do other stuff then this isn't the book for you.

Turn Left at Orion: A Hundred Night Sky Objects to See in a Small Telescope - and How to Find Them
by Guy Consolmagno

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, 1 Feb 2009
Helps a newbie find their way around the night sky and shows you what you can see at various times of the year using either binoculars or a small telescope - also shows you what you can expect to see in a finder scope as well as in the eyepiece of your telescope.

The de facto starting book for people starting out in star gazing, you will find this book in just about ALL astronomers collections.

Dilbert 2.0: 20 Years of Dilbert
Dilbert 2.0: 20 Years of Dilbert
by Scott Adams
Price: 31.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A little bit oversold, 1 Feb 2009
Read the description and then read this - what you actually get is a few pages with Scott saying how Dilbert was developed and around 3,000 out of the 7,000 cartoons written up to the time the book was produced.

You also get the cartoons on a CD with NO interface - they are in folder grouping the cartoons by date so no way to find cartoons for a particular topic.

That is what you get and hence why only 4 stars (due to the small amount f information and the poor CD). It does get 4 stars though as the book is absolutely gorgeous - stunning in fact - the cartoons are large (not like in some small paperback) the paper think and yellowish so that the white cartoons stand out.

f you are a Dilbert fan ... buy it. If you're not a Dilbert fan then its probably not for you ...... If you have no other books by Scott Adams then this may be the one for you as it gives you the most Dilbert cartoons for your buck.

What is funny is looking back at the cartoons from the last recession and seeing how they are still appropriate today. What is frightening is looking back at the same cartoons and seeing what happens on a particular day, reading ahead a couple of days and seeing the same thing happening in your office - spooky or what ?

The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works
The RSC Shakespeare: The Complete Works
by William Shakespeare
Price: 21.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy access to a forgotten world, 8 April 2008
My story is brief - I wanted to read some Shakespeare, I'd read some at school when I was forced and now, 20 years later, thought I'd give it a try.

I chose this because it was by the RSC so you would think it would be good. But, you have to remember that this was written around 400 years ago so in a lot of ways its a little like reading a foreign language wher eyou know most of the words and not all.

The beauty about this book is that the "translation" for those few words you may not know is at the bottom of each page so you only need glance down to carry on reading the text ... almost in the clear as it were.

This alone makes Shakespeare accessible to anyone. So, is it worth it ?

I have to say I was stunned, being able to read the plays, just how good they are. How, with just a few words, Shakespeare can set a scene and with a few more, tell you the whole mood of the characters.

The scenes change quickly from place to place taking the stories along at a hectic place and you can easily imagine any of the pieces being performed. They're as good, if not better, than most films you get to see at the cinema these days.

So, if you're wondering if Shakespeare is right for you, buy this and give it a go.

You may be pleasantly surprised !

Sony DCR-SR32 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder With 2.5'' LCD Screen
Sony DCR-SR32 Hard Disc Drive Camcorder With 2.5'' LCD Screen

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, 31 Dec 2007
Very lightweight - I get about 1hr 45 mins battery while recording - hard disk will hold 20 hours recording on medium quality - about 10 hours high quality video - software works with Vista

Why only a 4 ? The vidoe software is pretty pants - the built in stuff with Vista is better but you may want to buy your own package for creating the actual video afterwards.

The "low light" functionality is fantastic though ... if you want to film at night

Bottom line, you can buy this camera with no worries and it will et you create DVD's with menu's but the functionality of the software is pretty limited

PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio
PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS
Price: 109.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Be afraid, be very afraid, 31 Dec 2007
I got tired of listening to my MP3 player down the gym - after a couple of years you end up listening to th same stuff .. so, I thought, what better than a radio to let me listen to new stuff all the time, what better than dab for its crystal clear quality and different channels.

What I owuld say to you is, this is probably a fantastic radio but it didnt work out for me. I checked the reviews which virtualy all say its fantastic and I checked the ocverage for my area. Now, here's the bit you should read

My area sayd I shuould get about 16 stations and May get andother dozen. The stations I wanted were in that dozen.

If you are going to buy DAB at all, check the coverage in your area - if it says you "MAY" get coverage, presume that you wont - only believe you will if it says you definitely will.

Also, even though I get the stations promised, if I go inside (in a shopping centre for example, then I get NO coverage - just thought you should be aware of that.

I thought, "fair enough, I can use FM" - you would not believe how appalling the FM is on this radio - very very "shooshy" - a bit like the tiny handheld radios you used to buy 30 years ago - its so bad I'd suggest that you just ignore the fact it has FM.

What I would say is that hwne I was in the street in Central London I got prefect receiption on 54 stations, including all the ones I wanted ..... When I traveeled about a mile and went outside, this number dropped to 24 stations.

So, what am I saying to you ? I'm reviewing this radio as this is the one I bought - I get about 12 hours battery life (not the 24 promised) but thats fine - in an area where you are meant to get reception the sound is crystal clear and the unit is easy to operate.

However, if you've never gone the DAB route before I would suggest you see if a friend has a radio you can borrow to check actual coverage in your area or you may be disappointed, not with the product you buy but with the whole DAB experience.

I hope this review helps someone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2008 10:17 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2