Profile for Sarah Vitale > Reviews

Content by Sarah Vitale

Sarah Vitale (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fitness and Wellness (1)
Fitness and Wellness (1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitness and Wellness the basics, 31 May 2013
This is a great book to get you back on track if you are confused by all the fitness advice out there. The author clearly explains in no nonsense terms exactly why we need to be fit. She sets out in easy to read sections everything from fitness ideas, to dietary advice. She also tackles that 21st century problem, stress.
This is an easy read with a sprinkling of humour and a lot of common sense. The author does not expect you to run marathons, just walk more often for example!
A timely book when you consider the current obesity problem. I recommend this book if you have lost your way a bit on the road to fitness. The advice is straightforward and easy to implement with some good tips for the reluctant exerciser.
A few simple adjustments to your lifestyle and you will be back on the way to a healthier you.

Pearl Harbor: Date of Infamy! Date to Remember!
Pearl Harbor: Date of Infamy! Date to Remember!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearl Harbor in comic form!, 31 May 2013
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. Pearl Harbor is an emotive topic but the comic form actually makes it very accessible to younger readers without trivializing a serious event. There is just the right amount of humor sprinkled throughout. Balanced against this is the historical information presented in a readable and engaging form.
The author has impressive credentials but does not either talk down to the reader nor write in too lofty a format.
My son (13) is a History buff and he thought this was a great way to present history!
The images are an interesting mix of comic and historical pictures from the time.
All in all, a very cleverly presented book that would be a great way to get reluctant readers to engage with history.
I gave it 5 stars because it is refreshing to find history presented in such a novel fashion but it still retains a seriousness befitting the topic.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 8:14 PM BST

Clash of Clans: Clash of Clans Unofficial Game Guide - Tips, Tricks and Strategies

5.0 out of 5 stars Clash of Clans a Combat strategy game guide, 30 May 2013
I am a newcomer to combat strategy games and always mess them up because I usually get defeated before I finish building! This guide to Clash of Clans is very comprehensive and gives helpful tips such as the level of upgrade of your buildings and how to achieve a balanced village build. It clearly takes you through all the different features of the game in simple terms. This is a great guide if you want to master Clash of Clans and enjoy playing with or against your friends!
If you find yourself confused by these types of games, then get this guide. You will have great fun building your village and collecting gems and elixirs. The guide shows you exactly how the game works and warns you of potential pitfalls. It makes it easier to get going quickly with the game and even gives you strategies for getting started and winning quickly!
I actually managed to stay alive and my village is still standing..so the guide worked for me!
Have fun reading this and then go out there and play Clash of Clans with friends from around the world.
Sarah

Candy Crush Saga: Gamer's Guide to Candy Crush Saga!
Candy Crush Saga: Gamer's Guide to Candy Crush Saga!

5.0 out of 5 stars Candy Crush Saga help to understand the game, 28 May 2013
OK I admit it, I'm getting addicted to these Facebook games and Candy Crush Saga is my sweet tooth addiction! I sort of launched into the game without figuring out how to play it and quickly got frustrated once I went past the first few levels.
Luckily I got this book and suddenly the mysteries of how to play Candy Crush Saga properly were revealed.The instructions and hints are great. Easy to follow, well illustrated and explained in simple straightforward terms.
So, if like me, you want to go beyond the first levels of this addictive game without frustration; get yourself this book! It will save you shelling out unnecessary Facebook credits just to clear a row and move on.

Thanks to the book I can now indulge my sweet tooth even more.

100 Story Starters Writing Prompts To Jump-Start Your Imagination
100 Story Starters Writing Prompts To Jump-Start Your Imagination

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all!, 26 Aug. 2012
OK, if you are a writer, you know that moment when you freeze and the blank page stares back accusingly? Well, that's when you grab this book and just randomly pick a page and scan for a line..I guarantee that your writers' block will shift. The only problem I can see with this book is that it may stir up too many ideas..but that just means you'll have to write more books!
Neat little companion prompter for any aspiring or existing writer.

STRATEGIC GOAL PLANNING - Determining Your Core Values - A Creative Approach to Taking Charge of Your Business and Life (Strategic Career, Life and Business Goal Setting and Planning Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Focus on values, 25 Aug. 2012
This book has a refreshing approach to goal setting. The author makes you think about your core values first, actually you have to figure those out, but she gives you a lot of help to do so! With worksheets and instructions and an encouraging tone, the book takes you through some self evaluation. I like the way she does not lecture, but guides. You will need to print out the worksheets to write on them but the exercises you do will help you to clarify what you actually want from life and what is important. I am now working my way through the second book in the series..so will review that one too.
Definitely worth buying if, like me, you feel life is a bit of a muddle and you want some focus to help you to achieve your goals!

Becoming a Vegetarian Against Your Will
Becoming a Vegetarian Against Your Will

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, funny, a REAL guide!, 24 Jun. 2012
So, I bought this book because the title intrigued me..and several friends and family members are vegetarian. I am a regular meat eater, but lately it has been making me feel uncomfortable and I wonder about becoming a vegetarian. This book is nothing like any other books on becoming a vegetarian, it is way more direct! I have read other stuff written by Tiff Dow and her forthright manner and blunt directness are refreshing to say the least.

If you want a book to tell you how wonderful and moral and healthy being a veggie is, then don't buy this book. Yes, Tiff is happy being a vegetarian but she is also totally honest, and very funny about the somewhat painful process it is when you give up meat. This book is a very personal slant on giving up meat but it also has some very practical tips on handling a meat free life. Not only that but Tiff has a meat eating family so she is faced with meat on a regular basis.

At the end of the book Tiff gives you some recipes, her personal way of creating flavour in veggie dishes. She is from Texas so the food definitely has a Southern slant and I am from the UK so I had to look up some of the food she mentioned! Actually that was rather fun, it kind of inspired me to try out some different foods.

Helpful hint, I would get a pressure cooker as Tiff suggests; I tried a few of Tiff's recipe suggestions and borrowed my mum's pressure cooker for two of them and it made the cooking easier than without one. Prestige Smartplus Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 6 Litre

If you are struggling with the idea of giving up meat then this is definitely the book for you. It will make you laugh, gasp, chortle and inspire you. Not only that, if you want some support in your going vegetarian quest, there is a support group on Facebook for readers of the book. Becoming a vegetarian doesn't have to be sad and boring...read this book, it makes it an adventure in taste.

Earn More, Work Less, Get Famous: Claim Your Share Of The $10 Billion Digital Revolution

5.0 out of 5 stars No nonsense and practical, 22 April 2012
I am subscribed to Simon's list and have bought some of his products before, so I kind of knew I was probably going to like this book! However, there is a lot being published on this topic so I retained some scepticism. I have a couple of books on Kindle so wanted to see what Simon had to say...and he delivers! This is a very easy read..no gobbledygook, no fluff..very straight forward, easy enough for a newbie to grasp the concepts. What sets it aside from other similar books is the detail. Simon doesn't leave crucial information out..unlike others who want to upsell you to another product. He gives you a practical approach but includes the nuances too, like how do you really understand a trend and how to check it, so you don't go off in the wrong direction.

The other aspect of this book that is good is the ABSOLUTE realism Simon brings to it. No, you won't get rich off one book...this is a plan for the long term and he doesn't make wild promises, just gives you the right approach and all the tools.

I am re-reading the book right now, changing the way I do my research, planning a series of books...on my way to earning more...so watch this space!
Seriously, this book is priced so anyone has the opportunity to learn. It's a no-brainer, if you have a spare couple of dollars, buy it, read it, take action.

How To Finally Live Debt Free And Wealthy: The Shockingly True, Step-By-Step Journey From Crippling Debt And Homeless To Multi-Millionaire Entrepreneur

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book that tells you it straight!, 20 April 2012
When you start reading this book you get a lightbulb moment! Jonny says it as it is. He doesn't pull any punches, in fact you feel like he is describing your own situation within a few pages and the truth can be pretty uncomfortable. He talks about butt kicking...and that's what you get. If you have been struggling with debt, or have that queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach every time the phone rings; then this book is for you. Don't expect a quick and easy fix, let's face it we all know those don't exist. But, if you want straight talking, REALISTIC, honest and direct advice, you'll find it here. Before reading this book I honestly felt despair at my situation. Now I feel HOPE, and motivation. This is a book you will want to re-read when you slip up and fell like you are sliding backwards again. Jonny offers a light for those of us in a dark place. Take control of your own life, read this book, take action, you owe it to yourself.

Page: 1 | 2