Profile for B. Cotier > Reviews

Content by B. Cotier

B. Cotier "MonkeyTennis" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Operation    Board Game
Operation Board Game
Offered by Fun Collectables

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable dumbing down of a classic., 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Operation Board Game (Toy)
Absolutely terrible if you've played the original and still absolutely terrible even if you haven't. The suggested age range is 4+ but I would think that only under 4's would find this any sort of challenge. I guess if you were blind drunk it might also be fun.

This dumbing down of a classic makes me want to grumble about the state of the world today. I won't though ... or did I just?

Picket Hasbro, this is unacceptable. 0/5.

Merry bloomin' Christmas.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2014 10:26 AM GMT

VicTsing Replacement USB Charging Charger Cable Cord for Fitbit Flex Band Wireless Activity Bracelet Charge - 0.59 feet Black
Offered by VICTECH

3.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory after receiving a replacement, 22 July 2014
My initial review for this was scathing because the charger clearly did not work. Everything was back to front. It felt like it had been through no kind of QA process.

However, upon being offered a free replacement by the seller, the new charger works pretty well. The only issue is if it is left charging with the charger cable hanging down then the FitBit can lose connection and stop charging. This means I have to balance it on something to keep it level.

For the price I am pretty happy now.

Radio Amor
Radio Amor

5.0 out of 5 stars What a strange little gem this is, 25 May 2012
This review is from: Radio Amor (Audio CD)
I was ready to be disappointed because I took a leap of faith and went for something I previously knew nothing about, although I am a massive ambient fan.

What a find! It's as the first reviewer says. This poor little fella is weeping his heart out to an uncaring, or perhaps heat dead, universe. Maybe these songs have been racing across space for billions of years and we are unwittingly listening to the moments before the lights went out.

Anyway, forget all that. I like wallpaper music to listen to at work and this fits the bill perfectly. Not a discernible beat to be found here :)

Microgravity
Microgravity

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb in 1992, superb now, 7 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Microgravity (Audio CD)
I love this album. It was a permanent fixture on the stereo throughout the 'high' life of my university years and I still listen to it often whilst sitting at my desk.

Just try and find a better ambient techno tune than Cloudwalker II. You can't ... oh you think you have? ... you're wrong.

Ring Of Saturn Ep
Ring Of Saturn Ep

1.0 out of 5 stars A real letdown after Timeless, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Ring Of Saturn Ep (Audio CD)
Not much else to say really. Timeless is a classic album, this isn't. I reckon Goldie was getting a bit bored of the whole DnB thing by this stage.

Cars 2 [Blu-ray]
Cars 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Owen Wilson
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but too violent, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Cars 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
We bought this as a birthday present for our 2 year old vehicle obsessed son, mainly because he absolutely loves the sleepily paced Cars and particularly the incorrigible Mater.

While as an adult I thought it was pretty good (although I did miss the nostalgic feel of the first film a bit) with amazing Pixar animation as always, I do not think it is appropriate for small children. It is WAY too violent with guns and explosions going off every two minutes.

I will be putting this one away until the boy is a few years older.

Cars [DVD] (2006)
Cars [DVD] (2006)
Dvd ~ Owen Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars A great film for vehicle obsessed kids, 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Cars [DVD] (2006) (DVD)
Sometimes these films are great for kids and adults alike, meaning you can all sit down together on the sofa and have a family moment. Other times these films are less interesting to adults, meaning your kids can sit down together on the sofa ... and you, the adult, get to do something else for 2 hours. Yay!

This film falls into the latter category for me and so gets 4 stars for its ability to hypnotise children :)

Diamond Mine
Diamond Mine

5.0 out of 5 stars What lovely music, 21 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Diamond Mine (Audio CD)
I have been a Jon Hopkins fan for ages and he doesn't disappoint here. However, I knew nothing about King Creosote but am certainly going to listen to more of his material after discovering this little gem.

The music makes me nostalgic for places I have never been to and I wonder if the high paced life most of us lead is largely pointless. I'd much rather be fishing by a lake with this on the gramophone :)

Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex)
Fabriclive 35 (Marcus Intalex)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 12 April 2011
Highly recommend this. It just gets better and better as the CD progresses and I had the rear windscreen of the car rattling along to the basslines all the way home from work. A previous reviewer described this as liquid DnB which hits the nail firmly on the head.

PURE Chronos iDock Series II, DAB/FM Stereo Clock Radio with Dock for iPod/iPhone - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all that, 6 Jan. 2011
I have previously had a good experience with the Pure Evoke DAB radio and so thought I would give the Chronos a try. The things that attracted me to it are DAB, the iPod dock (although we no longer own any i* devices), the CD player and the speaker output.

In fact, I am happy with all of these things. However, I have a few gripes which have really put me off and forced me to look elsewhere.

1) When switched off at the power button, the radio sometimes emits white noise to the extent that it can stop you getting to sleep.
2) The buttons are hard to press so that if the radio is not stuck down with glue, it slides across the bedside table as you try frantically to hit the snooze button.
3) The radio dims when the bedroom lights are out. However, it is so dim as to be almost impossible to see (might just be me eyes).

Page: 1 | 2