Profile for Paul L > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Páramo Men's Helki Waterproof Breathable Jacket - Reef Blue, X-Large
Páramo Men's Helki Waterproof Breathable Jacket - Reef Blue, X-Large

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine wasn't waterproof, 5 Jan. 2015
Well the one I recieved wasn't waterproof at all. I went on a hiking holiday in Scotland over Xmas and this jacket ruined it.
In misty rain, within 20 mins it was letting water in, and after 5 mins in a downpour it was letting water in.
This would then make my mid layers damp, then me. Due to it's construction, it would hold this water in and not evaporate away.
Basically I couldn't wear this jacket in the rain, which was most of the time, so I couldn't go hiking, so couldn't enjoy my holiday.
I can't understand why this jacket was so poor, Paramo have a good name, this jacket was straight out the packet and not washed.
I've contacted Paramo to report the faults, and Amazon WILL refund me.

Lenovo YOGA 2 11.6-inch Multimode Touchscreen Notebook (Orange) - (Intel Core i3-4012Y 1.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB Memory, Integrated Graphics, HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love, 5 Jan. 2015
For the price and it's functionality....unbeatable, I love it

11 11
11 11

1.0 out of 5 stars I expected better from Mr, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: 11 11 (Audio CD)
B O R I N G......I expected better from Mr Gerber

3 LEGGED THING EVOLUTION 2 BRIAN TRAVEL TRIPOD WITH BLUE AIRHED 1 (CARBON FIBRE)
Offered by Camera Centre UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bit of quality kit......at a good price, 19 Nov. 2014
For the price, an amazing bit of kit.
Carbon Fibre, quality workmanship, bag and toolikit....they've thought of everything.
I always seem to feel I get ripped of on kit when there's a "photography" label put on something...not this though.
Love the look of it, love using it.....it just works.......and works well.
You're also backed up by an amazing Support Department that talk to you....and listen to you.

Brilliant

David Noton - Chasing the Light [DVD]
David Noton - Chasing the Light [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Mould

1.0 out of 5 stars No insights here......., 1 Nov. 2014
There's no doubting David Noton is a good photographer, he is, but will you find any of his secrets or insights on this DVD ?, .........no not really.

Alot of the subject matter was really obvious........

"The key to good Landscape photography is good locations"........wow, never thought of that,

"Make sure you have the correct exposure".................correctamundo !, but what if I haven't, what do I do ?

"The most dramatic times for Landscape Photography is Sunrise or Sunset"..............Oh please.

This DVD is really about following David Noton to some nice locations, at nice times of the the day, watching him take some nice photos. He seem like a nice guy, it's quite a pleasant watch, more of a roadtrip documentary, did I learn anything ?......................no............not really.

Disappointed, but the only saving grace was that I was able to return it and get a refund.....

Dusty In Memphis
Dusty In Memphis

5.0 out of 5 stars bliss, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Dusty In Memphis (Audio CD)
an all time classic

SAUDADE
SAUDADE

4.0 out of 5 stars makes me look cosmopolitan, 11 Aug. 2014
This review is from: SAUDADE (Audio CD)
really nice frenchy sounding album

100% Wildflower Basic meadows seed mix 45 grams. MeadowMania Native UK seed. Covers up to 30 square metres
Offered by MeadowMania

1.0 out of 5 stars you'll find more seeds on top of a bun, 11 Aug. 2014
a pitiful amount of seeds for the price

Inside Llewyn Davis [Blu-ray] [2014]
Inside Llewyn Davis [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Oscar Isaac

2.0 out of 5 stars a once only watch, 11 Aug. 2014
a bit boring

Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella Black One Size
Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella Black One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars dry as a bone, 11 Aug. 2014
hasn't failed me yet.....although the carbon fibre shaft is a bit of a worry in thunderstorms....although a metal one would be as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3