Profile for Rg Ellam > Reviews

Content by Rg Ellam

Rg Ellam "rob_ellam" (Northants)

Bulleit '95' Rye Whiskey 70 cl
Bulleit '95' Rye Whiskey 70 cl
Price: 27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted.., 22 July 2014
Beautiful stuff. However my main motivation for writing the review was to confirm that I ordered the '95' Rye Whiskey and that's exactly what I got. Appreciate some people have had issues with receiving the wrong bottle - hopefully that problem's been fixed now.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 17.63

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Mario, 26 Nov 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Despite there already being 33 Reviews for this game (at time of writing) I feel that I can add something here.
Unlike the vast majority of reviewers, I've never played Mario 64. In fact the last time I had any contact with the moustachioed one was back on the Gameboy in about 1992.

Having bought a wii with Sports and Play a couple of months ago, I'd finally got to the point where I wanted to buy a "proper" game but nothing had really caught my eye. I'm usually more into the sports or fighting genres as opposed to cutsie platform games but the consistancy of the reviews for Mario Galaxy made me think it must be something special.
I paid just shy of 30 for the game (not from amazon - they had sold out) with the view that even if it wasn't for me, I could always sell it on.
Having just spent the ENTIRE weekend engrossed in the game I can honestly say I feel silly for having doubted whether it would be any good.
The graphics are smart and colourful but the gameplay is something else. It's just an absolute joy to play - one of those games where you find yourself saying "I'll just play one more level. Just one more..."

At time of writing I've completed nearly half of the standard levels/galaxies but I could easily play them all again.
Also I get the feeling that there'll be enough hidden areas and extra levels to get plenty of life out of this game.

The only downside I can think of is that the opening sequence (ie setting the storyline) is a bit long. And that's honestly the only negative I can think of.

If you're not an existing fan of Mario and don't knoe if this sort of game is for you. Take a chance! I did and it seriously paid off.

Youth and Young Manhood [Digipak]
Youth and Young Manhood [Digipak]
Offered by Media Vortex
Price: 12.89

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm gob-smacked!, 16 Sep 2003
Oh... My.... God....
Where to start? Having only heard the single Molly's Chamber, I thought the Kings might be worth a look, how right I was!
This album is simply brilliant. There's a few albums in my collection that I know I'll still be listening to in 20 years time (OK Computer, Is This It?, BloodSugarSexMagik, White Blood Cells) and Youth and Young Manhood instantly became part of that list.
For me, the mark of a truly great album is one that you can listen to without wanting to skip any tracks. Ok so some tracks aren't quite as amazing as others, but then the highlights of the album are really sensational.
Red Morning Light, Molly's Chamber and Holy Roller Novocaine stand out above the rest, whilst Joe's Head, Wasted Time and the Strokes-esque California Waiting are all also brilliant.
The songs are just so incredibly catchy and I have to recommend getting hold of the lyrics. You'll sing yourself hoarse.
If you're a fan of the Strokes, the Hives, the White Stripes or any of the new breed of Rock and Roll bands, I defy you not to love this album.
Don't just sit there you fool, Buy It!!!!

Fundamentals of University Mathematics (Albion Mathematics & Applications)
Fundamentals of University Mathematics (Albion Mathematics & Applications)
by C. M. McGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 15 Dec 2002
As a university maths student (99-02), I found this book to be extremely helpful over a wide range of topics. I must have used this to aid my revision for at least 7 or 8 exams and would probably have struggled without it. Particularly useful sections include those on Complex Numbers, Matrices, Vectors, and Differential Equations. If you can only afford to buy one or two books for your course or study, make sure this is one of them!

Keeping Up With the Dow Joneses
Keeping Up With the Dow Joneses
Offered by SourceMediaUK
Price: 14.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Go See Them Live!, 17 Sep 2002
Brilliant album that'll stay in your player for months. The Fat Cats just keep getting better and better every time I see them and I can't recommend them enough as a live act. This is a truly funky album without a single bad track. The Ska element of the album will really appeal to any Madness fans out there and every song has a huge amount of energy put into it. I don't know anyone who's seen or heard the Fat Cats and not loved them. Just buy it now! - them get yourself to a gig.