Profile for Bugsy40 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
THE 11TH HOUR
THE 11TH HOUR
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating & emotional look at the issues surrounding climate change. Don't switch off halfway through - you need to watch end!, 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: THE 11TH HOUR (DVD)
Excellent piece of work - really, REALLY bleak picture painted at the beginning, but then a much more inspiring and hopeful message emerges at the end. Don't do what I did and show it to a class when the period is only long enough to watch the bleak bit - they looked semi-suicidal as I waved them off for the weekend, but the next week thankfully they enjoyed the ending of it and it inspired some great class discussions.Well worth a watch, as the people involved are highly articulate and passionate, so they describe things very clearly. It stays with you afterwards.

The Lives of Others [DVD] [2006]
The Lives of Others [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Martina Gedeck

5.0 out of 5 stars Enough twists and turns to keep you guessing., 14 Feb. 2015
Fantastic film - I showed it to my senior pupils studying German and it sparked some great class discussion on the Cold War and dictatorships. A moving story and a strong cast - I highly recommend this.

10 x BALL BUNGEES TARPAULIN TARP BUNGEE CORD TRAMPOLINE
10 x BALL BUNGEES TARPAULIN TARP BUNGEE CORD TRAMPOLINE
Offered by Frilioth

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality product., 14 Feb. 2015
These have been going strong holding the tarpaulin in place over our chicken coop for almost a year now, and so far no signs of degradation. Very good quality.

Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Les Misérables [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to love the misery., 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Les Misérables [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Beautiful version of the classic novel and musical. If you don't cry, there is something wrong with you - perhaps you are a lifelong member of the Conservative Party and wanted the wealthy elite to continue crushing the oppressed and the vulnerable. If you have an ounce of humanity in you though, this will leave you positively dehydrated. Also, the music is superb - but then, you probably know that already.

1Byone QH-0227 100m Plug- in Twin Wireless Doorbell, Wireless Door Chime Two Receivers With IP44 Water Resistent Transmitter -1 Year Warranty
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for easily amused plebs like me., 14 Feb. 2015
First off I must warn that the reasons for my 5 star review may not have universal appeal. I'll begin with the stuff that probably does: it's sturdy, easy to fit and to operate and, while it wouldn't be my first choice of ornament, it's not hideously ugly either. It's quite loud as well so you're not likely to miss the parcel delivery / gas man. You can easily change the tune to something seasonal if desired.

Now, the thing I really love is exactly what might put off most sane adults. It comes with a large range of chime options (sorry, can't remember the exact number - I'm sure it must give that info in the product description though.) These are easy to change, and every single one is quite long, loud, tinny and incredibly cheesy (Oh Susanna / You Are my Sunshine / Yankee Doodle Dandy / Happy Birthday / Jingle Bells etc.) What's more, we have one of the chimes in the hall and another in the lounge / dining room. They are spaced sufficiently far apart for me to hear the chime wherever I am in the house or garden, but also far enough apart to prevent them chiming in unison. What normally happens when we have visitors now is that I answer the door to find my friends & family either cracking up laughing, singing along to whatever is playing or simply looking faintly shocked. As I usher them into the lounge it is usually still playing, so they are then treated to the sound of both versions playing off kilter for a few seconds. I hadn't really wanted them playing off-time from each other, but it seems to fit the general cheesiness and lack of sophistication. It's an ice-breaker, I can tell you. It is not a classy sound, it is not soothing and they don't have any of the rock'n'roll greats on there. But my daughter loves it and it keeps the people I love amused, so that's good enough for me.

AZATOM® UFO Docking station portable speaker for iPod & iPhone / Built-in High power rechargable battery / Remote Control / Unique design / Quality sound with bass port technology
Offered by 4 COOL TECHNOLOGY

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money., 14 Feb. 2015
Excellent value for money, with decent quality sound and easy to use. Remote control seems to be a bit stiff to use and I have to press the buttons quite forcefully, so I wouldn't recommend this for someone elderly or someone with arthritis, but otherwise it's fine.

BaByliss 5548U Dry and Curl 2100 W Hair Dryer
BaByliss 5548U Dry and Curl 2100 W Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 14 Feb. 2015
Finally: a really powerful hairdryer with a proper cool setting that doesn't involve holding the cool shot button down. I'm delighted with this.

Mooncandles  -  3 Real Wax Flameless Candles with Timer and Remote Control
Mooncandles - 3 Real Wax Flameless Candles with Timer and Remote Control
Offered by Innovationstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value and realistic enough if not examined up close., 14 Feb. 2015
Delighted with these - they're all a good size, seem sturdy and have so many options included with them that it's hard to imagine they wouldn't fit anyone's needs who wanted a bit of candlelight, unless you specially wanted a strong scent. Personally I like to put them on the 4 hour timer for a winter's evening and they help to provide a warm glow in the room. I also use them when going out - I put them in lanterns on the windowsills and set them on the timer for a few hours in the hope that no burgler would expect someone to go out and leave a naked candle flame burning. Much better value than the first fake candle that I bought at a Candle Lite party for a small fortune.

The Village Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy) (The Idiot Reviews Book 1)
The Village Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy) (The Idiot Reviews Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick and amusing read., 14 Feb. 2015
I warmed to this as I read along and the picture of all the characters in the village slowly emerged. About 80% of the way through it one particular letter (from the priest) made me cry with laughter. Mostly it was just mildly entertaining, but very enjoyable. Quite a short book - I wasn't expecting it to end so suddenly.

Petit Nicolas [DVD]
Petit Nicolas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maxime Godart

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, beautifully styled and not too many subtitles., 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Petit Nicolas [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic film - my first year (age 11/12) pupils absolutely loved it, and so did I. Beautifully styled with a retro 50s feel, and accurately described on the box as being like Diary of a Wimpy Kid in French, this is a delightful and very funny film for all ages. If you're not a fan of subtitles (or you're a teacher looking for something to amuse a fairly low ability French class) then this is great because it doesn't have too much to read, allowing you to enjoy the visual comedy. Highly recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7