ARRAY(0xa9655330)

Profile for Fussy > Reviews

Content by Fussy

Fussy

Auvergne Rhone Valley Green Guide (Michelin Green Guides)
Auvergne Rhone Valley Green Guide (Michelin Green Guides)
by Michelin
Price: 11.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Michelin Success, 13 May 2013
I needed more info on the Auvergne urgently before agreeing to go there on holiday.
All the on line info was light weight.
So I decided to add to my existing collection of Michelin maps and guides.
And I was not disappointed - all the info I needed.
It arrived on time (the next day), in perfect condition.
And it will be indispensable during the three weeks we are going to be relying on it "in the field"

Floyd On Britain & Ireland
Floyd On Britain & Ireland
by Keith Floyd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Cook, 22 Nov 2012
Floyd cooks real food and does not involve himself in "plate decoration". That may be considered as old fashioned by some. If you're one of those don't bother to source this out-of-print set of recipes. But if you like genuine real food that is within the capabilities of anyone who has basic culinary skills, then look no further - you will just love this book. Very rarely does he use an ingredient you cannot easily buy locally and I've never had a failure following him. The only problem is that you will so admire his cooking that you'll just have to have all of his books and that might represent a difficult task - but keep searching, you'll not regret it. Especially if you are prepared to go beyond the recipes and get to know about the man behind the cooking, when you'll soon be lifting a glass to a real cook - and a real culinary hero.

Milescraft 1390 Drill 90 Right Angle Drilling Attachment
Milescraft 1390 Drill 90 Right Angle Drilling Attachment

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Angle Drilling Attachment, 31 Jan 2012
If you need to drill into funny places, this Milescraft 1390 is the thing you need.
Others may be cheaper, but this is a proper tool, made out of metal, with a proper chuck. It'll out-last your drill - because it doesn't have batteries, of course - but also because it looks so well made and the bits that move are relatively bomb-proof.
You don't have to attach the hand grip if its not needed for your job.
The fact that the chuck is a keyed type means it's as slim as reasonably possible, although if you are not a tidy type and loose things like chuck keys you may see this as a disadvantage. I do not - this way the chuck is as slim as possible and I keep the whole lot together in my drill "attache case".
An addition to the tool kit that I suggest you'll not regret buying.

WOODEN MARROW SPOON
WOODEN MARROW SPOON

5.0 out of 5 stars Marrow Spoon, 30 Jan 2012
This review is from: WOODEN MARROW SPOON (Misc.)
A tool designed for a particular purpose is always going to be better than "making do". I had been making do in getting the marrow out of bones for years. A teaspoon, the handle of a fork, whatever came to hand. But I now wonder why it took so long to get the proper thing - it works perfectly and is so much easier to use. And it looks good.
The supplier also provided service well beyond the norm - good, old fashioned, immediate, happy response to my query. If only all suppliers were as good as this!
Both the product and the supplier highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Top Hat, 12 Nov 2011
Tilley products are always better than any alternative I've tried; they last and come up looking new whenever they are put through the washing machine. This version lets the air in while keeping the rain out, so cannot ask for more.

Melkco Luxe Jacka Black Handmade Leather Slimline Case for iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S
Melkco Luxe Jacka Black Handmade Leather Slimline Case for iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S
Offered by Elite Electronics
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxe is Correct, 5 Oct 2010
The product description is correct - compared to other cases for iPhone 4, this is a class act. When closed it covers the whole phone,including the connector terminal at the base; this may not be a problem to you - but it does mean, eg, that the case must be opened to connect an in-car charger, and that exposes the screen to other things you may have rattling around in the car. I think I'm being "picky" here. If you choose a sensible colour (eg black) the phone is discreet, classy and less likly to attract wandering hands. It's a snug fit but the corners are really tough and the front and back have stiff linings that seem to be strong enough to protect those areas if they come in contact with damaging objects in the event that you do drop it. Surfaces in contact with the screen and back are (like) suede. The stitcing on the cover is white which adds to the sense of quality - and reminds you to wash your hands after visiting McD's. The front flap opens downwards and can be easily swung all the way down and back up behind the phone, out of the way, to align with the back. The "hinge" that allows this is made of leather, too, and if there is a potential weak spot, this may be it - I have decided to keep mine treated with leather wax which may also keep the stitching clean. Does the case "mask" the aerial? Well, it certainly covers the bottom, left-hand, edge where the aerial is supposed to be, I think. But I haven't found a problem with signal anyway - that might be related to where I operate (the South East of the UK) or my choice of carrier (o2 - via Tesco!). And I have tested the signal with the phone in and out of the case - no difference. So, a good prodect that I bought as a temporary measure whilst I wait for my free case from Apple. But I suspect that one will have to be something really special to even get out of it's box! Buy one - it's my most pleasing purchase for a long time.