Profile for caveman > Reviews

Content by caveman

caveman

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ESYNiC KB04 2.4G Mini Wireless KODI XBMC Keyboard Touchpad Mouse Combo - Multi-media Portable Handheld Android Keyboard- for PC Google Android Smart TV Tivo Box Media Mini TV PC Stick HTPC IPTV Laptop Raspberry PI PS3- British Layout-Black Color
Offered by EsynicDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Feb. 2016
Brilliant. I wondered if this would work at all at the price but it does exactly what it says. I'm rubbish with technology and was happy to plug this in with an M8 box and use it straight away. Hasn't had a problem yet. Haven't experienced any of the problems noted in unfavourable reviews. Maybe I got a good one.

2x Cree XML-T6 mountain bike torch lights head light set 18650 battery + charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 2 Feb. 2016
These torches are quite heavy, very sturdy and bright enough. Not as bright as I expected but two together do the job. The charge lasts a long time (not sure how long as I haven't run them down yet) and they remain bright.

The mounting brackets are not the best. They seem to be secure but I'm still having trouble getting them to line up properly. There are small grooves that the brackets rotate on and none allow the torch to point at exactly 90 degrees from the bars so I've had to move them all over trying to find the correct (straight ahead) alignment.

They were ridiculously cheap though so are worth every penny. My brother has some of a similar design but they are brighter and easy to align. They were nearly £500 though. Take your pick.

Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery (Pack of 12)
Panasonic CR-2032 Lithium Coin Battery (Pack of 12)
Offered by Tec Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Feb. 2016
These batteries were cheaper than chips and work perfectly. Buy some.

Closure: Jack Randall #1
Closure: Jack Randall #1

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 2 Feb. 2016
Great read, lots of accurate technical details, the story hangs together really well, great author. Looks like it was well spell checked and proof read which is now a rare thing it seems.

Status SMAF20PK15 Mixed Fuse (Pack of 20)
Status SMAF20PK15 Mixed Fuse (Pack of 20)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Feb. 2016
They're fuses, they fit, they work, they were cheap. Happy customer.

OREGON 5 Litre chainsaw chain oil
OREGON 5 Litre chainsaw chain oil

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but some cheaper ones are probably just as good, 2 Feb. 2016
I prefer to use Oregon Super Saw oil whenever I can get it as it's thick and sticky and does exactly what I want. I noticed this tub of oil is thinner than normal although nothing on the packaging differentiates it from any other tub I've bought. It flows and flings much more freely than I'm used to and I've only used it in winter so far, whereas I often cut in summer with no fling problems.

I don't know if I got an anomaly of if the product is now made thinner than I'm used to. I'll probably try a different product next time as many are cheaper and I don't think this is the same Oregon quality I'm used to.

Muddyfox Kids Recoil20 Girls Mountain Bike Dual Suspension Bicycle Cycling
Muddyfox Kids Recoil20 Girls Mountain Bike Dual Suspension Bicycle Cycling
Offered by Kickback Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike, 2 Feb. 2016
Bought this on Amazon for a knock down price. I think it's probably a generic bike with a Muddy Fox badge because it doesn't seem to be the same quality that Muddy Fox used to be several years ago. That said, it's still a very good bike and an absolute bargain at 'half price'. It is quite heavy for a kid but the gears negate that issue and that is why I bought it, our little girl was ready for a geared bike and this was about the smallest decent quality bike I could find. Definitely not disappointed and would buy one again without hesitation.

Oregon 90720 2-Stroke Semi-Synthetic Low Smoke Oil
Oregon 90720 2-Stroke Semi-Synthetic Low Smoke Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great oil, 2 Feb. 2016
I always use this 2-stroke oil in chainsaws and it's always been spot-on. My saws run forever, no choking, gumming or deposits. Highly recommend this oil.

Mercury COD100B Carbon Monoxide Alarm Detector
Mercury COD100B Carbon Monoxide Alarm Detector
Offered by Electromart-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Feb. 2016
As described. Very well made, easy to use, accurate temp readout, easy to mount. I don't think many of us have a readily available method of verifying that the monitor/alarm function actually works in a real situation. If it ever goes off for real I'll update the review.

I bought two, one for the house and one for the caravan. I would definitely buy more if required.

Dead Wrong (The Rho Agenda Inception Book 2)
Dead Wrong (The Rho Agenda Inception Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 15 Dec. 2015
I bought the Inception trilogy, read book 1 and was so disappointed that I reviewed it with 1 star. Same goes for this book.

In the first couple of pages;
'He wasn't big like Tupac, who stood just over six feet...' is followed in the next paragraph by '....at six feet six he was almost as big as Tupac'.

This kind of sloppiness continues throughout the book. The nonsense from book one such as Ak47's lifting people off their feet and throwing them around also continues.

I'm fairly sure that Richard Phillips (if Richard wrote the Rho Agenda) has had little or no input to this book. It smacks of modern day Rambo or Chris Ryan's ghost writer rubbish.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20