Profile for caveman > Reviews

Content by caveman

caveman

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Invision® TV Wall Mount Bracket - New Slim Line Design With Cantilever Arm Tilt & Swivel Feature For Most 26" - 42" TV Screens, Fits LED, LCD & Plasma, Max VESA 200mm x 200mm (Please Check TV VESA Mounting Holes Before Purchase)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV bracket, 12 Dec 2014
Top quality wall bracket. Looks good, easy to fit, very strong, I screwed it to a wall stud with three screws that were smaller than recommended (1x 60mm & 2x 35mm) and it's holding a 40" TV absolutely solid. Great product, highly recommended.

Aqua Sphere Seal 2 Regular Swimming Goggles - Violet/Clear Lens
Aqua Sphere Seal 2 Regular Swimming Goggles - Violet/Clear Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent goggles, 12 Dec 2014
Excellent goggles. I remember hating the little things as a kid and have never used goggles since. Was feeling guilty seeing my little girl get out the pool with bright red eyes, spotted another kid with this mask, couldn't say a bad word about it if I wanted to. Great price, fantastic for the kids swimming.

Salclear Scubasoap Maxipack
Salclear Scubasoap Maxipack
Offered by Salclear

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Dec 2014
Great product, I was getting tired of the cleaning process every time I went diving, got two 45gallon drums, one filled with water and Salclear, one full of fresh rinse water, throw everything in the Salclear, go for a brew, all the gear in the rinse, hang it up, perfect. Recommend this to anyone who wants to improve and simplify the gear cleaning part of diving.

Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer
Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 12 Dec 2014
Good clock, does what it's supposed to, could be easier to set-up or come with better instructions, 4 year old isn't going to figure out the functions for a while. Would have bought a different clock if I'd used one of these before I shopped.

Look Behind You
Look Behind You

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 30 Nov 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Kindle Edition)
OK but falls into the ordinary category. Most stories have been told, it's the writing that makes books readable. This never grabbed me at all. Maybe just not my personality of author. Spelling and grammar were fairly good but it seems no-one goes beyond an electronic spell check now.

VonHaus by Designer Habitat Basics Cantilever Arm Bracket Wall Mount with Swivel and Tilt for 13-24 inch LCD Flat Panel TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Nov 2014
Great value for money, does exactly what it says, well made, strong, easy to install, TV mounting screws are good quality, great price, highly recommend.

KiddyPlay Deluxe Pink Pop-Up Castle Play Tent
KiddyPlay Deluxe Pink Pop-Up Castle Play Tent

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Nov 2014
Little girl loves this. She's had a couple before that have been flimsy and damaged quickly. This is not going to get anyone up the Alps but for a bedroom toy the quality is great.

Not sure what else to say about a kids den. Worth every penny I paid. Get one.

SAS Black Ops Al-Qaeda Dawn - Action & Adventure Thriller (Book 1)
SAS Black Ops Al-Qaeda Dawn - Action & Adventure Thriller (Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute gash, 30 Nov 2014
This is the worst book I've tried to read. Don't remember leaving a 1 star review for anything but this would get 0 if possible.

The thread of the story is there, similar to many others in the genre. The writing is something else. I wouldn't be surprised if this story had been dictated through cheap crap voice recognition software, typed up by some cheap labour individual who doesn't really speak English and then spell checked by some really cheap crap software.

I'm not even going to waste my time or yours explaining in detail, I'm just embarrassed that I read a third of it before chucking it. I always finish a book once I start because I'm a stubborn ass like that but I was just taking the mick out of myself persevering with this one.

Brief example; in the same paragraph it will hop back and fore between apparent eloquence with superb grasp of obscure English language to things like 'it were them what tooken they out'.

It seems the more complex the word the more correct the spelling and grammar is and the more straightforward words get seriously garbled. No apparent experience of real military kit, operations or real world personalities. Any technical detail is almost word for word Wikipedia. Many scenarios and descriptions could have been lifted directly from other books on the market.

One review compared PM Crowley to Andy McNab books. I would give that suggestion the benefit of even a small smirk.

Don't waste your money. If it's free, don't waste your time.

Kiwi Shoe Twin Brush Set 50Ml
Kiwi Shoe Twin Brush Set 50Ml
Offered by Household Products Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 17 Nov 2014
This review is from: Kiwi Shoe Twin Brush Set 50Ml
Can't say much about brushes, they are exactly as described, do exactly what I expected, are great quality and I'd buy these again, recommend to anyone who wants to...err...shine their shoes.

Philips DS8400/10 SoundCurve Lightning Connector Docking Speaker with Bluetooth/Built-In Rechargeable Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars looks very good, sleek without being tacky, 17 Nov 2014
Bought as a present; looks very good, sleek without being tacky, not too big, light enough to be classed as portable.

Really good sound quality, I have a Denon system with Mission speakers so have an idea about sound quality and this Philips is amazing for what it is, sounds great playing any kind of music we've put through it, also has great volume available.

The docking side looks fiddly, I don't use it but the owner seems to mess around a bit sitting ipad on the lightning connector, could be operator error.

The charging dock is great, that was one big selling point for me, sit the unit on the pad and charge just like a kettle, never noticed the charge fade/fail although it's not played off the pad for too long.

Can honestly recommend this over two vastly more expensive units, I'm convinced that the price tag on some others is purely image/name driven as the Philips sounds better than one at over £600.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13