Profile for trevski > Reviews

Deceiver Of The Gods
Deceiver Of The Gods
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Deceiver Of The Gods (Audio CD)
Amon Amarth never fail to impress me, however this album is undoubtably the best (Joint With Twilight of The Thunder God)that they have yet created. On a par with Twilight of The Thunder God, this takes AA into deeply breakthrough territory. The solo's and drumming are admittedly less fast and energetic, but the guys are getting on a bit, to be fair. The best songs are; Loke Falls, Father of The Wolf, Under Siege and Warriors of The North. Shape Shifter is another good one with a powerful atmosphere and many shifts in mood. Deciever of The Gods is an excellent track in Asator style, but heavier, more polished, and with an inferior solo. The only songs I am not to keen on are Blood Eagle and Hel, the former because of the ridiculous and childish opening (that aside though, it's a good song) and the latter becuase Messiah and Johan's singing styles jar horribly and get on your nerves. These can be forgiven, however because the rest of the album is so brilliantly awesome.
Tracks in order of awesomeness:
Warriors of The North
Deciever of The Gods
We Shall Destroy
Blood Eagle
Hel

The Second Disc is worth a listen for interest; their not Amon Amarth's good songs but they are interesting. Burning Anvil of Steel in Motorhead's name is the best of these.
All round, this album deserves more acclaim than it's getting; judging by the reviews,all credit to Amazon for sending it a day before it was officially released, 5 shining stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2013 3:01 PM BST

Sagas
Sagas

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Album, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Sagas (Audio CD)
This album is a beautifully crafted album and leaves me feeling awesome whenever I listen to it. It can only be described as magical, and leaves me in no doubt that Equilibrium are the best melodic death metal/symphionic pagan metal band in the world. This is also their best album yet, buy it and love everyone.

Slipknot
Slipknot

5.0 out of 5 stars At first:Awful, then:Awesome, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Slipknot (Audio CD)
Well, this is going to be a long review. I bought this album in HMV because so many of my friends and family recommended it. I hated it, I was then a huge fan of more melodic (if heavy) stuff. I simply did not like it one bit.

However, over time, I slowly began to like this album, the way the rhythm takes over everything still impresses me. I have grown to ove the sound of this album, I love Slipknot's dark image, I love the twisted, dark lyrics. This is a genius album and a classic, for those who rated this 1 star, keep with it; it's innacessability is what makes it so good, the overall best Slipknot album to date. 5 *s.....
PS: I read a review criticising Tattered and Torn, Ok, that paricular track is only sort of music, but it's still bloody cool!

With Oden On Our Side
With Oden On Our Side

5.0 out of 5 stars SVEDISCH DEATH METALL!, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: With Oden On Our Side (Audio CD)
Hahaha, really cool. Amon Amarth are an amazing band, every metalheads dream! Excellent, I've written many reviews like this, but Amon Amarth still merit it. Good, head banging, mead swilling, villlage burning, priest killing stuff!

The Power Within
The Power Within

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Power Within (Audio CD)
This, is amazing. Along with Amon Amarth and Dimmu Borgir these are my favourite band. Sheer skillage made to sound awesome. Love it.

Twilight Of The Thunder God
Twilight Of The Thunder God

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOOOOOOME!, 24 Dec. 2012
Music is amazing but the videos are a joke! Look them up on youtube. The music is fantastic, good head banging, mead swilling, priest killing stuff! Wonderful!

Inhuman Rampage [Parental Advisory]
Inhuman Rampage [Parental Advisory]

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT? THIS IS AWESOME., 15 Dec. 2012
How did this manage to get any bad reviews? It is amazing! Whoever dislikes this is the sort of fool who likes slipknot(who would'nt recognise a good riff if it danced naked in front of them). Good metal, real metal. End of story, no argument.

Draper 54882 Multitool and Knife Set
Draper 54882 Multitool and Knife Set

5.0 out of 5 stars very good tools, 15 Sept. 2010
very good tools i have found this useful on many occasions i think it's bril if i were you i would buy it nice and cheap for a cool stainless steel multitool and knife.