Profile for Alena > Reviews

Pasos 2: Student Book: An Intermediate Course in Spanish
Pasos 2: Student Book: An Intermediate Course in Spanish
by Martyn Ellis

3.0 out of 5 stars Would not like to use it again., 19 Jun 2013
Hm, as a beginner, it's not bad book, however, found it very repetitive, boring, at the end, we hardly used it.

AQA GCSE Mathematics A-A* Practice Book: Including Modular and Linear Practice Exam Papers (GCSE Maths AQA 2010)
by Mr Glyn Payne

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, go for it., 19 Jun 2013
Loved this book, even though we came across some wrong answers together with the teacher. Liked the lay out, very methodical and traffic. Lots of exercises. Plenty.

Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally (Non)
Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally (Non)
by Janet Balaskas

4.0 out of 5 stars Would re commend to a first time mum, 19 Jun 2013
Yes, this book emphasises on natural positions and natural birth as it states. Opposite to what ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE promotes, which is wrong and ...just wrong. Book is great!

100 Great Breads
100 Great Breads
by Paul Hollywood

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the design of the book, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: 100 Great Breads (Hardcover)
I got into making my own bread and took me a longtime to decide to buy this book. I followed Paul's Hollywoods famous baking and I got attached to it. However, I made the first bread from the very pre entry book recepie and sadly, I found out that the measurement were wrong. The bread was far too salty! I also came across - before I out it - a website that states the correct measurements ( amendments of the mistakes in the print) but no longer know where to go now. Therefore, I would have appreciated that someone would have put a slip staing errors are these and here are the amendments. So , I will need to find them out myself as I go with the recepies. To summaries, I like the lay out and the design that works for me, so apart from the errors in the recepies, which is a very significant, I am still looking forward to baking.

Salter 021 WHDR diet snap-on lid diet kitchen scales
Salter 021 WHDR diet snap-on lid diet kitchen scales
Offered by MightyHousewares

2.0 out of 5 stars Very small scales, 11 April 2013
As soon as I received the scales, I discovered that the prize of it was cheaper a pound in my local supermarket!
Size wise, it's very tiny.

Growing Up with Three Languages: Birth to Eleven (Parents' and Teachers' Guides)
by Xiao-Lei Wang

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a child and I am in situation of trilingualism, 11 April 2013
I appreciate the observations and explanations of some real life situations. I see myself in them and can reflect on it.

Gorgeous Greens (Gorgeous Series) (Vincent Square)
Gorgeous Greens (Gorgeous Series) (Vincent Square)
by Annie Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by a friend, 11 April 2013
I ended up buying it myself after what I saw it at the friends house using one of the receipts. I flicked through and said I must have it! So I have.

Gorgeous Greens (Gorgeous Series)
Gorgeous Greens (Gorgeous Series)
by Annie Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by a friend, 11 April 2013
...and I ended up buying it myself. I like the visuals and receipts too. Will recommend to a vegetarian friend.

Huggies Newborn Size 1 (4-11 lbs/2-5 kg) Nappies - 2 x Packs of 54 (108 Nappies)
Offered by luckydiamond0

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it because of their flexibility, 11 April 2013
However, prone to leakage! When too full or when especially in lying position the poo would leak back passage ways up the back.

Baroo Jungle Buddies Nursing Pillow
Baroo Jungle Buddies Nursing Pillow

3.0 out of 5 stars It's nice product but small size., 11 April 2013
I personally needed wider ring, not because I am large size, I am size 14. However, I was looking for large model because of different fitting. In all, this product is lovely, well presented, relatively firm. I would recommend it to a friend.