Profile for Anon > Reviews

Luminarc Cervoise World Beer Glass, Pack of 2
Luminarc Cervoise World Beer Glass, Pack of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Luminarc Cervoise World Beer Glass, 16 Jun 2014
Nice glasses.

Unfortunately I've broken one already after I dropped it because I'd drunk too much of the contents. Or the floor moved.

Lazaretto
Lazaretto
Price: 8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Lazaretto, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lazaretto (Audio CD)
I really like the songs Lazaretto, High Ball Stepper and Would You Fight For My Love but not keen on the rest. I like all of the songs on Blunderbuss and I don't like this record as much as that. It's ok.

Big Book of Drawing, Doodling & Colouring for Boys (Usborne Drawing, Doodling and Colouring)
by Various
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Book of Drawing, Doodling and Colouring for Boys, 9 Feb 2014
I bought this for my eldest son for Christmas and it is brilliant and well used.

I want one for me!

The Art of Running Faster
The Art of Running Faster
by Julian Goater
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of Running Faster, 9 Feb 2014
Like a previous reviewer I was in the go on Mum category until I realised that if I'm going to beat my half marathon PB this March I need to pull my finger out and get faster and that requires work! Whilst I'm never going to break any land speed records I would like to improve which means not just coasting along on long runs but continued focused training. Whilst I won't be running 70 miles a week or running twice a day (yet) I'm taking from it what I need right now and it's all here for further progression.

I fear I have left it too late to beat my PB in my next race but I'm already putting the advice in the book into practice and know what I need to do to try and get faster. I did a faster short run this morning(it's just being able to sustain the speed!) whilst remembering all I've read so far. It is heartening to know you can get faster despite getting older. At the end of last year I started working on (albeit in a small way) strength and suppleness as I am not that strong, particularly in my upper body and not very flexible, so I am already underway with his advice about that. I wish he was actually my personal coach but instead he's in my head via the book which I think is excellent. I really like the straightforward style and it's easy to digest. I've learnt a lot so far, am taking the advice on board and I'm about half way through.

Perhaps in the second half of the book there will be a solution to what I think is piriformis pain, apart from lots and lots of stretching. It's constant and I can't afford a sports physio person.

Jillian Michael - Yoga Meltdown [DVD]
Jillian Michael - Yoga Meltdown [DVD]
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown, 13 Jan 2014
I've just started practising yoga and as I have Jillian's other DVD's I thought I'd try this one to continue yoga at home. There are different types of yoga and this is the same as the class I go to which is power yoga, a dynamic athletic form of yoga.

I started on level 1 and it wasn't a walk in the park. My balance is rubbish! It isn't easy but I will keep at it.

I'm very pleased with this DVD as you feel like you've done a proper work out and it compliments the class I go to.

Fly London Women's Yind Boots
Fly London Women's Yind Boots
Price: 89.99 - 140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly Yind, 8 Jan 2014
I love these boots! I was a bit concerned about sizing because of other reviews but I bought my usual size 5 and they fit comfortably and they don't gape at the top so my legs don't look like matchsticks. I dithered over the colour but eventually went for dark brown to be practical. I'd buy more colours if I had the money, particularly purple.

Very pleased, will see how they last.

Fantastic service from Javari/Amazon, as usual.

Brilliant Bread
Brilliant Bread
by (Baker) James Morton
Price: 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
Before buying this book I'd made some bread (and it wasn't great due to basic errors which I now realise since getting this book) but I'm not an experienced baker. I find the book very readable. It's informative and clear with easy to follow instructions and good advice (such as get a dough scraper). As James intended he has shown me how to bake bread in a way that works for me by telling me to rest my dough in the fridge for up to several days. The student's routine is great. I don't have a lot of time to bake and I'm very busy. Last night I prepared the Pain De Mie, stuck it in the fridge and went to bed. At about 6am this morning I got it out of the fridge, followed the rest of the instructions and my little boys and I had gorgeous fresh bread for lunch. I nearly ate the whole thing........there is still time. I've made my best bread since getting this book.

Dr. Martens Tana Women's Boot
Dr. Martens Tana Women's Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 21 Oct 2011
Received these boots in tan today and they are exactly what I was hoping for, I love them. They are very comfortable and go with everything. Great service as usual from Amazon.

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Shredded, 18 Mar 2011
This was the first workout DVD I bought and by following it and doing a calorie controlled diet since October 2010 I have lost nearly 2st (after this I did Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD for a while, which I don't like as much as this).

The first time I went through it I did the beginners moves. Now I can do more of the advance moves. So unless you are at the advanced stage already, you can go through it a few times and get your moneys worth.

The fact that it's only 20 minutes is the best thing about it.

I'd like to get her new Ripped in 30 DVD, which uses the same system, but it's only out on region 1 at the moment.