Profile for layne gibson > Reviews

layne gibson

Find Your Power: A Toolkit for Resilience and Positive Change
Find Your Power: A Toolkit for Resilience and Positive Change
by Chris Johnstone

5.0 out of 5 stars A priceless ally for anyone wanting to make a positive contribution to our planet!, 1 Feb. 2011
From his wealth of experience in the fields of addiction counseling, positive psychology and as a leader of workshops in how to respond to global issues such as climate change, Chris offers us with this book a veritable treasure chest of practices and techniques for the 21st Century! From identifying our deeper purpose, feeling empowered and taking action, through dealing with setbacks and blocks, to seeing our life as part of a larger story and developing the motivational skills and commitment required to keep going- Chris gently guides us to a place where we are equipped to stay in for the `long haul' and live the life of our highest potential. A book for anyone who strives to follow the counsel of Gandhi to "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Chris, in the spirit of Joseph Campbell, brings our lives into focus as a great adventure akin to all the great mythological stories. I love the sense of grandeur and excitement which this gives me in viewing my own life's path, and the practical tools Chris offers at every stage of the journey- such as identifying our call to adventure and dealing with `threshold guardians' (the mythological troll on the bridge etc). The book explains everything in clear and simple terms and it is so inspiring I have found myself eagerly applying the many tips and tools Chris shares.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough- do yourself a favour and buy it! I'm certain it will be a constant companion on my own life's quest to realize my highest vision of the life I am here to create.