Profile for Big T-S > Reviews

Big T-S

Mass Effect 3 (PC DVD)
Mass Effect 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Original...Story Climaxes. Epic Ending, 17 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
First of all,

I've been gaming since the days of the Spectrum, Amiga 500 etc, etc, so I've seen a few games.

Secondly, I've just completed the Mass effect trilogy today..........epic!!!

Mass Effect 3 carries on where Mass Effect 2 left off. OK. All I can say is if you haven't played the first two games, then you should do. This really will help you to appreciate the depth and sheer brilliance of this story! Like the first two games the choices that you make (morally, and storyline), and the bonds that you make with your team can have a large impact on how the story plays out, and that's even better if you played Mass Effect 1 and 2 and imported your "Shepard" character from the second game. The game uses the choices and NPC (Team) relationships you made and had from the first and last game, to add to how the story unfolds in this third part, and that's important!

If you enjoy a great book or film, then this is better. The storyline just gets more interesting, and when you think that it's just another hero saving mankind game, it's not! The twists and turns are brilliant!

There are several different endings, and many story paths to get there. You must update the game with the "Extended-Cut DLC" to appreciate the ending that you've made, and for you to have clarity, but more on that later. It's also great to see how your team members pan-out as well, all depending on the choices that you've made along the way.

Top-tip: Watch the whole of the credits at the end of the game to see more cut scenes.

The gameplay itself was good. Not too hard or easy, and lots of side quests to do....if you wanted. The graphics are great too, as well as really good cut-scenes for the story.

Ok. Now to the bad part....really bad....

The game is installed using EA's Origin installer. I have Steam (with minor problems from time to time), and also installed Battlefield 3 using Origin with no problems. So when I inserted the Mass Effect 3 DVD and installed, it wanted to use Origin. No problems....so far. After registering the game online through Origin, it then wanted to download the game, instead of installing from the DVD! Now that really annoyed me, as it would take days to download 10+ gb. After lots of forum searching I found out that this was a massive problem, and EA have done nothing to resolve it, even after many complaints from paying customers! I then had to manually install from the DVD. That wasn't easy, and if you haven't got a clue, then your stuck with having to download the game, especially when you own the hard copy!

You shouldn't have to register the game on the internet before playing it, and definately not have to download it if you own an original hard copy. This is what is destroying the gaming industry in my eyes and making piracy happen. Mugging the paying customers off is not a good thing, and these game developers will lose their support. I travel a lot, and shouldn't have to be forced to be connected to the internet to install or play a game that I've paid for, and some people don't have the internet. The other two games worked fine without the need for over-complicated installation and registering process that I'd imagine have put the Mass Effct experience on hold for some people. I'd give the game 0 stars on the basis of having to mess about with this installation, but that would be unfair because the game itself is outstanding. EA, get a grip on reality, and stop over-complicating things for good customers!

The other quite widespread complaint is that EA rushed out the game, and therefore ruined the ending to such a spectacular story and trilogy, so now it is imperative that you download the "Extended-Cut" ending from the Origin DLC downloader (it's free), which is about 2gb (I think). This must be done for you to appreciate the climax of the story, and it's understanding, or you will be left seething! Download and install it before starting the game.

Lastly then. The Mass Effect trilogy has been something new to me. I've seen them all, and played all the stories in my gaming time of over 20 years. I've read books and seen films that have been great, but most importantly to me the story of Shepard, his team and the Mass Effect galaxy have really been something new to me. I really thought that I could see through the story from the first game, but it just kept twisting, getting deeper and more mysterious. The story and ending that I played out for my set of choices throughout the trilogy was nothing that I could have imagined myself, and I was amazed by the whole affair.

I seriously reccommend this trilogy to anybody who enjoys a great adventure, and not just mindless hack and slash gameplay!

Well done to the game designers.

Best game trilogy in a long time!

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
8.00 GB G-Skill PC3-12800 1600MHz RipjawsX (8-8-8-24)Dual-Channel (Running auto atDDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28))

Mass Effect 2 (PC DVD)
Mass Effect 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by smeikalbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Original...Story Unfolds, 17 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect 2 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
First of all,

Secondly, I've just completed the Mass effect trilogy today, and was blown away with how good these games are.

Mass Effect 2 carries on where Mass Effect left off. Sounds familiar, but the way that the game starts is good, and builds upon an already great story, in effect making the story more deeper and mysterious. The choices that you make (morally, and storyline), and the bonds that you make with your team can have a large impact on how the story plays out, and that's even better if you played Mass Effect and imported your "Shepard" character from the first game. The game uses the choices and NPC (Team) relationships you made and had from the last game, to add to how the story unfolds in this second part, and that's important!

The gameplay itself was good. Not too hard or easy, and lots of side quests to do....if you wanted. The only thing that did get frustrating was exploring planets, and all the scanning for materials, but it didn't detract me from carrying on through the game. The graphics are good too, as well as really good cut-scenes for the story.

No installation issues, crashes or mess ups. Runs smooth.

Lastly then, if you want a good game with tough choices that effect the whole trilogy, good NPC development and feeling involved with them, and a truly amazing storyline with plenty of twists, then this game could be for you.

Best game trilogy in a long time!

Mass Effect (PC DVD)
Mass Effect (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and Original, 17 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mass Effect (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
First of all,

Mass Effect has a great story, and I like how big the game was and of the choices that you could make. The latter was one of my favourite things about the game, and the varying paths that your character, and your team can make during the game. The moral choices and how you interact with your team, and the other NPC's you meet is a great innovation, and will ultimatley effect the play out of the story, and more-so the continuation of the story in Mass effect 2 and 3. This for me was a good thing, and led me to really thinking about what type of "Shepard" I wanted my character to be; i.e. a paragon (making the morally right choices), a grey man in the middle, or a renegade (Bad-ass).

The gameplay itself was good. Not too hard or easy, and lots of side quests to do....if you wanted. The only thing that did get frustrating was exploring planets, and all the driving about in the Mako, but it didn't detract me from carrying on through the game. The graphics are good too. I know they are a little old now, but I'm more interested in a good story, instead of top-drawer graphics and no story.

No installation issues, crashes or mess ups. Runs smooth.

Best game in a long time!

Berghaus Men's Explorer Ridge Hiking Boot Black 80020 B50 8 UK
Berghaus Men's Explorer Ridge Hiking Boot Black 80020 B50 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega..., 23 Feb. 2012
These are my second pair of these boots. First pair were brown. Still got them and they are a few years old now, and I do plenty of mileage on rough, boggy terrain in them.

The comfort is good, and they are lightweight and durable. The ankle support is also good, and I am prone to ankle injuries.

The build quality is excellent.

Top drawer!

LeapFrog Spin & Sing Alphabet Zoo Ball
LeapFrog Spin & Sing Alphabet Zoo Ball

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 Feb. 2012
Good build quality. Educational, and the noises are pretty cool. My lad thinks it's cool, and also tries to use it as a football!

7dayshop R7 Sport Series Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones - Built in Mic - Ideal for use with iPad, iPhone, Tablets, Smartphones, laptops and PC's using VOIP and SKYPE - Black - Eco Packaging & Travel Carry Case Included
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...., 23 Feb. 2012
Good little headset to compliment a laptop. The audio quality is decent, but not spectacular. The battery life is good, and will last me over three nights (twelve hours total) before a recharge.

The only problem was that after about three weeks, a plastic speaker cover came off, which exposed the internals. I fixed this with some fabric tape though.

Other than that, no connection problems or anything else.

Not bad at all. Five stars if they hadn't of broken.

Casio FX-991ESPLUS Scientific Calculator
Casio FX-991ESPLUS Scientific Calculator

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 23 Feb. 2012
Good calculator. Easy to use with lots of features, and never let me down whilst I was doing degree level science and mathematics.

Top drawer!