Profile for T. S. Dorr > Reviews

The Cake Shop in the Garden
The Cake Shop in the Garden
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you don't want to end, 2 Jun. 2015
Another fabulous book from the very talented Carole Matthews. I have read every one of her books, they are all different and never dissapoint. This is no exception, Carole writes with such passion for her characters and surroundings, you can almost feel yourself sitting by the canal and dipping your toes in the water, with the sun shining on you. I can highly recommend this for a wonderful summertime read.

Creature Comforts
Creature Comforts

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous read, 9 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Creature Comforts (Kindle Edition)
I always look forward to reading Trisha's books, they always draw you in and make you want to keep reading. Creature Comforts was no exception, it was a sweet story with underlying important issues that kept you gripped from the first page. Izzy was our "leading lady" this time and she had spent most of her life believing she had killed a friend in an accident that she couldn't remember. Throughout the book, Izzy gets snapshots of what happened in her dreams and you are willing her to remember the truth. The village of Halfhidden seems such a lovely place, close to all our favourites at Sticklepond (who make a brief appearance) and the whole book is relaxing and exciting in equal measures. I do hope we hear more from our friends in Halfhiddden as that is how we see them by the end of a book - friends.

Bonnes petites tables du guide MICHELIN 2015: 650 restaurants Bib Gourmand à moins de 31 €. 110 nouvelles adresses
by Michelin

2.0 out of 5 stars This is in French, 15 Feb. 2015
Just a warning, I bought this for my husband and no where in the description did it say this was all written in French, so if you don't speak any French, this is not for you.

Fudge Berries and Frogs' Knickers (A Romantic Comedy)
Fudge Berries and Frogs' Knickers (A Romantic Comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically funny read, 30 Jan. 2015
Lynda has done it again, produced a book that I couldn't put down. Each book she writes is completely different and this one, as already has been said, is a hilarious tale of Poppy who goes from a very wealthy socialite, to a penniless boat owner. There is fun, much hilarity (so much so my husband thought I had lost it laughing so much) romance and we even meet up with a couple of already known dodgy and hugely funny characters the Diamonds. If you want a book that is easy to read, will give you lots of laughs and have you wanting to continue reading when you should be working, then this is it.

The Snow Baby - A Christmas Novella
The Snow Baby - A Christmas Novella

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a short story (hence being called a novella) ..., 26 Jan. 2015
This was a short story (hence being called a novella) which I thought was lovely. It really evoked a lot of warm Christmas feelings as I read it and I couldn't stop reading it. More please.

The Christmas Party
The Christmas Party
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars which is why I love her books so much, 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Christmas Party (Paperback)
Carole never disappoints, which is why I love her books so much. This book I had saved for Christmas but then was ill, so I only just read it. It is quite unique in that the story pretty much revolves around one night and some of the aftermath, I wouldn't have thought it would work but it did, brilliantly. When you read it you get fun, romance, laughter, sadness and a few tears, all wrapped up in a warm Christmas parcel. Anyone who has been to a works Christmas party should read this, in fact everyone should read it, it is a fabulous book - roll on the next one.

The Great Christmas Knit Off
The Great Christmas Knit Off

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and wonderful, 27 Nov. 2014
I love Christmas books, they make me feel all warm and cosy inside and this one was no different, it delivered seasonal warmth and happiness in spades. The first (and hopefully not the last) book set in Tindledale, a tight knit (excuse the pun) community who look out for each other. The characters are so lovely, Sybs the main one ends up in Tindledale after a non wedding and a potential problem at work, to stay with her friend Cher. She ends up meeting all the wonderful people and helping a lovely old lady Hettie bring her haberdashery shop into the 21st century. Sybs and her dog Basil are befriended by everyone in the village including the rather flamboyant Lawrence the kindly B&B owner and the dishy Doctor Ben. I have loved all of Alexandra's books, her Carrington's ones remain some of my favourites, and now this one is right there up with them. It has even made me get my knitting needles out! can't wait for the next!

From Notting Hill with Four Weddings . . . Actually
From Notting Hill with Four Weddings . . . Actually

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Ali McNamara's books and have read every one, 7 Nov. 2014
I love Ali McNamara's books and have read every one. I wish I could give more than five stars for the entertainment they provide!
Although this can be a stand alone book, I would suggest that people read the other Notting Hill books first as they all lead up to this "perfect" wedding for Scarlett. Others have given a brief synopsis so i won't do that, I will just say, I do hope there is more to come.

Stackers Lidded White Charm
Stackers Lidded White Charm
Offered by Carters of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 18 Sept. 2014
Excellent little box, fits my Pandora bracelet with charms perfectly. Great for travelling too

A Violet Death (The Swaddlecombe Mysteries Book 2)
A Violet Death (The Swaddlecombe Mysteries Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 11 Sept. 2014
What can I say, just like the first book written by Joanna and Julia, I absolutely loved it. It was great to meet Victoria and Albert again, as well as all the characters we have grown to love, plus some new ones. The writing style is very gentle and you feel like you are in Devon just chilling out amongst friends. Even though there is murder amongst the pages, it is done in a gentle way - if that's possible - and doesn't overwhelm the overriding feeling of tranquillity and friendliness that is Devon. You are led down different paths wondering who the murderer is, mixed in with county shows and lovely cake. A must read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6