Profile for OndineBlue > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Magic Jigsaw Puzzles
Magic Jigsaw Puzzles

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best!, 14 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Magic Jigsaw Puzzles (App)
This is a superb collection of puzzles; plenty of free ones as well as big selection available to purchase. As an avid puzzler there are more than enough even in the free section to keep me entertained for hours. The app installed quickly and works very well on my first generation Fire HD.

If you like jigsaw puzzles as much as I do, you really can't go wrong with this app. :) :)

Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World
Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 10 Feb. 2015
What excellent value for money this book is with so many great projects! Plenty for those with less experience along with a good selection for those looking for something a little more adventurous. I have flicked through it and already bookmarked nearly three quarters of the patterns and it's very rare for me to find so many things I want to make all in one book!

A couple of pointers:

The book uses US terminology so if you are used to working with UK terms you will need a quick reference guide to translate the stitches but it's very easy to pick up as it's more about the name of the stitch than how you make it.

As has already been pointed out; 'One-Skein' is a slight misnomer as the recommended yarns come in varying sizes. One skein can be anything from 25g to 250g or more in weight. You should however only need to buy one skein of the recommended yarn for each project.

Ipac Alberico 19 cm Wood Salt and Peppermill
Ipac Alberico 19 cm Wood Salt and Peppermill

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 9 Feb. 2015
Nice quality wood which grinds really well both for salt and for pepper. Would definitely recommend!

The Team: Part2
The Team: Part2
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!, 26 Jan. 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed watching Crossing Lines and the second season was even better than the first. It has started to find its footing, developing into something very watchable indeed. After gasping out loud at the season two finale (really, did not see that coming!) I cannot wait for Season Three!

The Loyal Servant: A Very British Political Thriller (Angela Tate Investigations Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent debut!, 25 Jan. 2015
Four stars because I felt it took just a tad too long for all the pieces to fall into place but nevertheless a very entertaining read. I would definitely recommend giving it a try and it has encouraged me to take a look at the author's other titles.

Salem Rogers: Model of the Year 1998
Salem Rogers: Model of the Year 1998
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time!, 19 Jan. 2015
Awful, just plain awful! One dimensional characters that are impossible to like or engage with and a weak plot to boot. An interesting premise badly executed and very disappointing. I really wish I could get back the time I wasted watching this car crash of a TV show. I've got a pretty good sense of humour and expected to be very entertained by a situation that seemed ripe for comedy but instead I found myself groaning at how awful it is. Others may enjoy it but I most definitely did not.

Worms On Parachutes - Mystical Allies In My Cancer Survival
Worms On Parachutes - Mystical Allies In My Cancer Survival

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 15 Jan. 2015
I wasn't quite sure what to expect given the title but I'm so glad I didn't let it put me off reading Worms On Parachutes.

As a breast cancer survivor myself, the honesty, humour and emotion definitely rang a chord with me. It isn't a mirror image of my story but it's definitely one I could relate to. If you want an insight into what it means to be diagnosed with breast cancer, to endure the treatment and come triumphantly out the other end, then you will enjoy reading this book.

I am full of respect for what Sarah-Jane achieved after her treatment had finished. It is an excellent example of how life can return to normal and an inspiration for those wanting to fundraise upon fully regaining their health. I take my hat off in admiration for her achievements, as I would never be able to do some of the impressive things she has done. Wishing her continued good health and many years of N.E.D. (No Evidence of Disease) to enjoy with her family.

Thank you Sarah-Jane for sharing your breast cancer story.

Big Handbag Shop Lightweight Ruffle Tiered Taffeta Fabric Wedding Evening Shoulder Handbag
Offered by Big Handbag Shop UK - Expedited Service Available at CheckOut

5.0 out of 5 stars A really lovely bag., 11 Dec. 2014
I took delivery of my bag this morning and I am delighted with it. Not only is it very pretty, it's also lightweight and spacious. A shoulder problem has forced me to buy a new bag as my current one is too heavy. I wanted something pretty rather than plain utilitarian and this has fit that exactly.

There is more than enough room for all my usual handbag junk with space to spare. My kindle fire, wallet, coin purse, keys and a variety of other bits and bobs all fit in nicely. There is a small zip up compartment inside and a separate pocket for your mobile phone. Yes, there is the issue of needing to rummage around for things in the main compartment but for me that is a small price to pay for a lightweight, pretty bag. Oh and it's a reasonable price too. What more could you want? ;) ;)

Patterns of Cutest Crochet Animals (Japanese Edition)
Patterns of Cutest Crochet Animals (Japanese Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy unless you can read Japanese - updated review, 6 Nov. 2014
Update - I am pleased to see that Amazon has now updated the title for this book to reflect that it is in Japanese.

I still have my concerns about who is the actual author, given that it is obviously a scan of the original publication, but at least people now know that it's not in English.

Such a pity as I would have made quite a few of the items pictured but at least the title is no longer misleading. I stand by the original one star because when I purchased it there was nothing to indicate that it's in Japanese.

Bead Tempted
Bead Tempted
by Vigdis Mo Johansen

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Bead Tempted (Paperback)
This is a lovely book if you are looking for some inspiring ideas as it's full of pretty designs. It's not suitable for the beginner though as there isn't much in the way of instructions on how to make them, which is why I deducted a star. As a more experienced jewellery maker looking for some new ideas I found it very useful and I'll dedinitely be making my own versions of many of the designs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9