Profile for gngf123 > Reviews

Content by gngf123

gngf123

Heated Mouse Contour (color: black)
Heated Mouse Contour (color: black)
Offered by comfortable_computing
Price: 31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 26 Nov 2013
The heater function works as advertised, no complaints there. Feels like I'm holding a warm cup of coffee.

As a mouse it is decent but nothing more. The sensor isn't the most accurate, and is similar to ones you would find on normal mice about half the price. It is extremely comfortable though, so I have absolutely no problems with the shape or size.

All in all, pretty good. Would recommend.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Nintendo 3DS)
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by findprice
Price: 25.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game., 26 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It isn't quite as hard as some other Megami Tensei games, but still puts up a lot of challenge even to experienced players and isn't afraid to punish you very heavily for your mistakes. I also found that the difficulty curve seemed more natural than some of the other MegaTen games that I have played, there wasn't any point that really represented a gigantic spike in difficulty.

While it has aged in the 16 years since the original Sega Saturn release, mechanically it is still extremely good. Demon negotiation and demon fusion is excellent just as it always is. The loyalty system is neat, but can cause frustration if you don't have it entirely under control.

The cyberpunk setting is interesting, and the cast likeable. Highly recommended to people who like SMT and other dungeon crawlers.

Kensington Pro Fit Full Sized Wired Mouse - Black
Kensington Pro Fit Full Sized Wired Mouse - Black
Price: 14.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Kensington K72369EU, 17 Oct 2012
Overall, a very good mouse. It's large, so maybe not people for hands much smaller than my own. For people with hands like mine, it's extremely comfortable and the additional buttons are located in a place that feels very natural. It also seems to be built to a fairly high standard. For the price, it's hard to beat.

It comes with a PS/2 adapter, which isn't anything special but does at least free up a USB port. My only minor complaint is that the sensitivity button unfortunately doesn't give you any feedback telling you what setting you are adjusting it to.

Panasonic RP-HTF890E-S High End HiFi Headphones
Panasonic RP-HTF890E-S High End HiFi Headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RP-HTF890E-S, 31 July 2012
Looking around, there weren't all that many reviews except a few people here and there comparing them to a pair of Audio Technica AD700's. I needed a new pair, and would want them for movies and games which the AD700 seemingly do so well with, so I decided to take a gamble.

First impressions are really good. Build quality seems to be pretty solid for this price, although I'm not sure they will stand up to years of continuous abuse. The cable will do though, it almost seems like a rope. I also like the design, but that isn't too important to me.

Now, keep in mind that I don't consider myself an audiophile, so the next part might not be completely accurate or well described. However, I would describe the sound in many ways similar to how I see the AD700 described. Neutral, with a reasonable soundstage that I'm hoping will improve with burn in and with a slightly better source. However, these things will need a tiny bit of juice to run. I find the onboard output from my computer to not be quite enough and results in a disappointing tinny sound, but through any half decent output they sound great.

Also, unlike some descriptions of the AD700, I don't find these bass-light at all. They are certainly not bass heavy, but for most purposes I think there is enough there to get the job done unless you are a bass-head and love bass heavy music. In that case, it's probably best to stay well away from them and go for something entirely different. For anyone else, great value for money (at around 50).

Sandisk 2gb Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player black
Sandisk 2gb Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player black
Price: 40.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Sansa Clip+, 30 Dec 2010
This is a simple, no-nonsense MP3 player with expandable memory (micro SD HC, I have tried a 16gb card and it worked fine, but I have read it can go up to 32gb) and FLAC support.

It should be noted that out of the box it is a good idea to set your location to "North America", setting it to Europe will give it a disappointing volume output which cannot be increased. While the North American layout will add a volume control in the settings.

After I had figured this out though I was completely impressed, it is simple, clean, has acceptable battery life, and the sound quality I found to be well above other players at this price point.

If you want a simple player with great quality sound, this should be right at the top of your list.