Profile for Liz > Reviews

Content by Liz

Liz

Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Olive Green (will only fit Kindle)
Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Olive Green (will only fit Kindle)
Price: 30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 7 Feb 2012
I have found this cover perfect for its purpose. It is really light and slim - when you are reading you are unaware of it and only see the kindle itself. In fact it has an advantage over the kindle on its own as it provides a bit more grip to hold while reading. I read perfectly comfortably, holding it and changing pages with one hand. The front flap folds around to the back easily and you do not notice it at all. It's very smart and streamlined, no awkward poppers or catches and no slipping around in ill fitting straps. The fitting is very good I think, as it protects the kindle all around the edges. You can also easily remove it if you want to (if you follow the picture instructions you'll find they show you how to exit it via gently pulling one of the corners, which does work with no problems). I feel confident that my kindle is protected enough to put it down around the house. I have not taken it out in my bag yet, but I expect that will be fine too. I can see that it could open up and let something in to scratch the screen, but I guess I will put it in a section of my bag, or even my pocket, where that can't happen. I don't see that there will be a problem with that - and I'm more interested in being able to whip it out and get reading in one swift movement anyway! The olive green is lovely - less masculine than the black, but more robust in terms of not looking dirty than a paler yellow would have been. Overall, not cheap, but I feel that it has added to my enjoyment of my kindle and made my kindle fit for my lifestyle, which means that I use it all the time which increases its value for money too.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work very well, 7 Feb 2012
I was looking forward to receiving this as I thought it was a good, simple and effective solution to not getting my kindle scratched in my bag, being able to put it down around the house and know it was protected from spills, drops and scratches, but yet not hampering the kindle's design, weight and functions with unnecessary bulk. Other reviews had said that it was held firmly in this sleeve and would not fall out. When I put my kindle in the sleeve it felt baggy and I could see that other items from my bag could easily fall into the sleeve alongside the kindle and potentially scratch it. I also tried the 'will it fall out test' and held it over the bed - it fell out every single time, despite me willing it not to. It looked okay I suppose, but in the end I sent it back as it is not cheap and yet does not do anything that it needs to in my opinion - so not a good use of money. I therefore decided to give up on looking for cheaper alternatives to Kindle's own leather cover, which I now have and which is perfect for it's purpose and looks really great. Phew!