Profile for Kim Fan > Reviews

Content by Kim Fan

Kim Fan "Kim Fan" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Brooklands Bikes in the 1920's
Brooklands Bikes in the 1920's
by Peter Hartley

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia., 10 Jan 2013
My father was an owner/rider of motor-cycles when I was young and used to speak of the various places where he had actually raced back in the 1920's when he was a young man so when I saw this book I thought I might find it interesting. I am sure my father would have found it of great interest but he is, sadly, no longer with us, having died in1990. However, I found it interesting and nostalgic.

Stanley I Presume?
Stanley I Presume?
by Stanley Johnson
Price: 8.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating! Couldn't put it down! More please, Stanley!, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Stanley I Presume? (Paperback)
I have to confess that I thought this would be a case of Stanley Johnson getting on the bandwagon by taking advantage of his son's reputation and fame. I was wrong! I found this book an eye-opener! I had no idea of the background of Boris, - his father's life was so amazing and adventurous and one realizes why Boris is like he is! What a life! What a family! Interesting, exciting, and eye-opener! I could not put it down and loved it!

The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
The Sins of the Father (The Clifton Chronicles)
by Jeffrey Archer
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait!, 22 Nov 2012
I already have the first in the series and have been impatiently waiting for the next. When I saw it was out I picked up a copy in the shop and opened it at the first page. Some time later............I realised where I was and hurriedly purchased it and could hardly wait to get home to continue it. I always enjoy this authors books and now await the next in this series.

Robert Fulton, Engineer and Artist: His Life and Works
Robert Fulton, Engineer and Artist: His Life and Works
by Henry W. Dickinson
Price: 12.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Facsimile of an American engineers life and works in C18th/19th., 22 Oct 2012
This is a facsimile production, the original having been re-printed from the 1913 edition. I find it a very interesting book about this engineer, inventor, artist etc.
I am very pleased, both with the book and with the delivery from Amazon.

Wonders of the Solar System and Universe
Wonders of the Solar System and Universe
by Brian Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars "WOW!", 12 Jan 2012
This was a Christmas present for a 6th former who is studying for A-levels in science subjects including physics. It was delivered very quickly and received with much pleasure and is being read with great interest.

Duke of Hazard: The Wit and Wisdom of Prince Philip
Duke of Hazard: The Wit and Wisdom of Prince Philip
by Phil Dampier
Price: 8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 6 Nov 2011
I liked this book but felt it rather short and would have liked more contents! Good as far as it goes. I would have liked to know that is was very slim before I bought it but it is amusing as far as it goes. I feel he is both a wit and has wisdom in real life so expected the book to show more than it does.

Kenro Double Sided Adhesive Tabs (Box 500) PC102
Kenro Double Sided Adhesive Tabs (Box 500) PC102
Offered by Shop Inc
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job!, 6 Nov 2011
Very pleased with the quick service and also with the product. I find them very useful for fixing photos et cetera in albums.

Al Bowlly, Love Is The Sweetest Thing : His 51 Finest, 1931-1941
Al Bowlly, Love Is The Sweetest Thing : His 51 Finest, 1931-1941
Price: 11.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia!, 6 Nov 2011
They don't write them like this anymore. More's the pity. However, it is nice to know that they are available on Amazon. Our grandchildren love them so maybe they are coming back?

The Golden Girls - Complete Series 5
The Golden Girls - Complete Series 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 6 Nov 2011
So pleased to finally receive series 5 of the Golden Girls in region 2. They are great! I wish series 6 and 7 were also available for region 2. Does anyone know if they are to be available on region 2 any time soon?

The Shangani Patrol (Simon Fonthill)
The Shangani Patrol (Simon Fonthill)
by John Wilcox
Price: 7.81

5.0 out of 5 stars John Wilcox does it again!, 10 Oct 2010
Another in the Simon Fonthill series that once you start you don't want to put it down! This one was not about a historical event that I knew much about before I read the book but it was full of real characters as well as the fictional hero and was very informative. Also Alice, now Simon's wife, and good old "352" who are both indispensable to the books.
Full of suspense as well as some humour here and there.
Can't wait for the next one John!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6