Profile for M. Young > Reviews

Content by M. Young

M. Young "happyshopper" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Revolution
Revolution
by Russell Brand

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Revolution (Hardcover)
Complete excrement on every page - Covering up lack of talent with his "issues"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2015 2:23 AM BST

WD TV Live Hub Media Center 1TB
WD TV Live Hub Media Center 1TB

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally a media center gets close to what I want - wish it supported .rmvb files though, 21 Feb. 2013
I have struggled finding suitable media centers for my household and have tried most of them. Apple TV, Android TV, Oplay Media play, XMBC on an X-Box.
Of these the best were the Oplay and the XMBC because they could play every file, even real media .rmvb files.
Sadly this box can not play .rmvb files, but I forgive it because it is so good at everything else.
I love the way I can see the built in hard disk from my home network. Its so easy just to drop off files to it, even when its in use!

I use bittorrent to download straight to the unit so I dont even have to copy files to it. The GUI is very attractive to look at and rivals the XMBC.

The Oplay has now been relegated to just those times I need to play a .rmvb file.

I also love using my Ipad and S3 to stream content to this device and to use as remote controls. Forget the Apple TV, even the jail-broken ones. This is the device you need if you have a good wired home network, it represents great value compared to the competition, such as the popcorn-hour (which also can not play .rmvb).

Buy one today!

Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup
Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be called one thimble, 24 Jun. 2010
The amount of hot water produced by this device is a joke.
It produces less than half a mug.

The cups they refer to must be the old fashined type nobody uses anymore.

It takes 2 button pushes to get less than a mug full and so it takes even longer than a kettle to get a mug of tea.

And now the lid flys open every boil.

Avoid

Russell Hobbs Marco Pierre White 14337 Mini Processor with Glass Chopping Bowl (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this item, 29 Oct. 2009
The first one broke the second time it was used and we got sent another.
Tthe other one broke after it was used lightly about 12 times.
Its now out of guarantee I expect.
The glass bowl is nice and it looks good, but it has plastic cogs so its never going to last very long.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2010 9:16 PM GMT

True Blues Gloves, Blue, Large
True Blues Gloves, Blue, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves - for washing up in hot water, 20 Nov. 2008
I love these gloves.

They are super tough and I can wash in hot water without noticing the heat.

They are also blue so I dont feel like a wimp wearing them.

Skeppshult Egg Frying Pan with Wooden Handle
Skeppshult Egg Frying Pan with Wooden Handle
Offered by KitchenStore

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but expensive, 20 Nov. 2008
This pan is cast iron an weighs a ton.
Still it should last a few life times and it oozes quality with its rosewood handle.

In 10 years the handle may rot off with very heavy use I suppose. They also do one with a cast iron handle.

A small drop of oil is needed with each egg because its not really non stick.

If you love fried eggs and have £50 burning a hole, then buy it.
You grand kids will probably be using it when you are pushing up daisies.

Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 Personal Video Recorder PCI
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 Personal Video Recorder PCI

4.0 out of 5 stars It does work on XP as well as Vista, 20 Nov. 2008
Hi
The company sent me the one for vista rather xp as advertised here.
I phoned to complain and a helpful chap advised me just to download the xp drivers since its the same hardware used in both products.

It now all works really well, and since its the MCE version I now have an MCE remote control and all the bits required for when I upgrade to Vista.
Recording from SKY is excellent via S-Video and audio cable. I tried a cheap TV card before picking this one and it does not compare.

Sound from this card is also great. I have started watching the music channels again;)

I would have liked the card to be cheaper since they have models with freeview tuners built in for not a lot more. I needed it just for SKY and couldnt track it down any cheaper.

So although I was initially miffed all is now well, and the staff answered quickly when I called and were very good technically.

reccomended.

Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised French Skillet Frying Pan - 30 cm
Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised French Skillet Frying Pan - 30 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars High Quality and very heavy, 17 Sept. 2008
Happy with this pan from the quality point of view.
We use it more than any other pan we have.Partly because its so heavy it gets left on the stove all the time.

Don't buy it if you are a bit feeble though.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars No longer uncomfortable to hold, 17 Sept. 2008
I like the look of this cutlery, but initially its uncomfortable to hold.
After you use it for a while though, you prefer it to other cutlery.

I can see it lasting a very long time.

If you want cool looking cutlery that will last and not too worried about its feel then this is a good buy

Morphy Richards Complements Jug Kettle 43596 Graphite
Morphy Richards Complements Jug Kettle 43596 Graphite

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Plasticky looking Kettle, 17 Sept. 2008
I don't understand the other reviews regarding how this kettle looks.
The fact is it looks cheap and nasty.

I can not comment about how it operates as I sent it back because of a strong smell of hot plastic when it was first used.

I have now bought a polished steel jug kettle for only a few pounds more and am much happier with it in my kitchen.

Don't believe the hype. I suspect that the positive reviews last longer than the negative ones.

Please mark this review as helpful if I have just saved you from wasting your money.

Page: 1 | 2