Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Cardiff United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Guaranteed Genuine Dell Latitude E6420 E6520 E5420 E5520 9 Cell 97WH High Capacity Battery Type M5Y0X 451-11696
Offered by GEMSTAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop usable on battery again, 25 Aug. 2015
A DELL original replacement, every bit as good as the original battery

LUJII® Mini OBD2 ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth Car Scanner- Android Torque Auto Scan Tool OBD-II Engine Fault Diagnostic Code Tester (Mini Bluetooth)
Offered by Lugii

5.0 out of 5 stars Does teh biz and great value, 28 July 2015
Minor glitch pairing the bluetooth, the code seems to be 1234 not 0000, didn't seem to work with either at first . I'm using the Torque pro app which I downloaded but it appears to be on the CD so maybe I could have saved the price of the software, whether it's the pro version I don't know. It works with my old SAAB 9000 and my new SAAB 9-5. The light comes on when you plug it in even when the ignition is off so I guess it might drain the battery if you leave it in but since I don't want to leave it in that is no problem.

TP-LINK TL-WPA4220 AV500 Powerline 300M Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with Two Ethernet Ports (Easy Configuration, Wi-Fi Clone for Smartphone/Tablets/Laptop)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite perfect but probably the best., 3 Feb. 2015
Due to very dense brickwork I have one of these so I can get a signal in the other half of the house . TPLink has IMO the best software for these mains ethernet adapters with a utility that allows you to see which units are connected, what speed they are running and even reset them from the PC, this is handy because I have cronky old wiring and they occasionally freeze up. You do have to enter the password for each device to allow this so make a note of these before you plug them in the other end of the house. The passwords are only maintained on your PC so if you want to do it from anothe rdevice then you have to enter them all over again or be clever and work out where they are stored on the PC. The utility crashes every time it closes but does no harm so it's just an irritation. The unit is easy to pair with other units just by pushing a button at each end and the link is then encrypted but as far as I can tell if you set them up like that you can't reset them from the utility so I follow the instructions to remove them from any network and then just plug them in with the default network name set and they all seem to pick each other up, this also allows me to mix them with othe manufacturer's adapters.

The wifi is not noticeably faster than the AV200 mpbs TPLink version I had before, but then Wireless N only goes up to 300 mbps anyway. The utility shows it running at about 175 even though one end is on an extension. The two wired connections are useful for TV and media box where you do notice a faster speed. There's a separate utility specific to this device to find it on the network and an on-board website so you can set the IP address , Wifi encryption channel etc. from your browser. I use a different name (SSID) from the main router's network because I like to know which one I am connected to, especially because windows is too stupid to connect to the best signal.

A good tip is to make sure that the signal channel band on this and your main router are as far apart as possible e.g. set your router channel to 1 and this unit to 11 or 13 if you can, otherwise the signals interfere and you get lesser performance. If you are really keen get a copy of inSSIDer home and check that you are not clashing with a neighbour's wifi as well

Kenley High Capacity Battery for iRobot Roomba Vaccum Cleaner 500/ 510/ 520/ 530/ 555/ 560, 14.4 V 4.5 Ah
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Came ready charged so I just popped it in the ..., 3 Feb. 2015
Came ready charged so I just popped it in the machine and off it went, has worked flawlessly ever since.

Cardetto's Original Recipe Snack, 5.5 oz., 7/BX
Cardetto's Original Recipe Snack, 5.5 oz., 7/BX
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Like nearly all US snacks they are free of trans-fats ..., 3 Feb. 2015
These used to be available from my local House of Fraser, which is how I got hooked but now can only be imported, even so called American food companies don't seem to get them. . If you haven't tried them they are delicious and gently savoury. Like nearly all US snacks they are free of trans-fats which is more than can be said of some UK or French snacks. Ideal with cocktails or as pre-dinner nibbles The supplying company were very good about dealing with some in-transit damage

Plantronics ML18 Bluetooth headset
Plantronics ML18 Bluetooth headset

5.0 out of 5 stars since it replaces an ML20 I lost I already have the charger so I'm as pleased with it as I am with the ML20, 10 Jan. 2015
This is the same headset as the ML20 but without the silver trimmed edge and the charger, since it replaces an ML20 I lost I already have the charger so I'm as pleased with it as I am with the ML20, comfortable, good sound quality and has worked with all my phones.

Linx Origami Case with Keyboard for 10 inch Tablet - Black
Linx Origami Case with Keyboard for 10 inch Tablet - Black
Offered by eoutlet-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Few gripes: Some usabiity tips in this review, 10 Jan. 2015
I disagree with the reviewers who rated this keyboard badly, I'm very pleased with it. The magnetic dock catch holds the tablet in firmly and everything works well. The keyboard doesn't need a huge amount of pressure and I hardly ever miss a key, but then I am a failry heavy typer. There are all the keys you could need including some that bring up charms The touchpad works well, if you want to right click or scroll use two fingers, it works for horizontal and vertical scrolling. There are no mouse buttons but the tapping works well because you have to give it a good wack to work, it's hard to click accidentally but sometimes it doesn't click when you want it to. Drag is a bit more hit and miss, a tap followed immediately by movement but you sure have to be quick. The drag locks on and tapping agan stops dragging. It would help if the instructions told you this.The origami stand has to be folded in a certain way and then it locks magnetically, I'm using it to type this review in bed and it didn't take long at all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2015 7:38 PM GMT

Three Tales from the Laundry Files: A Tor.Com Original
Three Tales from the Laundry Files: A Tor.Com Original

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 8 Nov. 2014
Bob Howard once again manages to be the pretty fairly unappreciated form-filling hero who saves us all from having our brains feasted on by Lovecraft's menagerie. Horror and humour in a quick-fix dose, perfect for junkies like me.

Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Seagate 1TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive
Offered by Cache Media

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the second one of these I've had, ..., 8 Nov. 2014
This is the second one of these I've had, Both give 118MB/s on the bigger block transfers, they are quiet and the first one has been running reliably for 6 months with some heavy use running multiple VMs from that disk

GMYLE® Express Card Expresscard 54 slot to USB 3.0 x 2 Port Adapter up to 5Gbps Compatible USB 1.1 / 2.0 Windows XP/Vista/7
Offered by Clever Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 8 Nov. 2014
Very tight to insert and caused the machine to hang and the USB device attached sound to be continuous. It started working when I pushed it to eject as if it was in too far. It might be the Dell 6520 laptop but with another card I had the opposite problem, that one was too short, I've given up on PC Express cards now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10