Profile for Mr. R. Smith-gore > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Smith-gore

Mr. R. Smith-gore "richies-g" (UK)

iRobot Roomba 560 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 560 Vacuum Cleaning Robot

5.0 out of 5 stars Never though she would be this good, 2 April 2009
I just thought I would add to the product reviews as I was somebody who was initially scheptical. I assumed it was a gimic that would pick up a bit but still leave you getting the dyson out once a week. How wrong was I. This machine does the job better than I used to. It picks up everything my old routine used to plus it gets everything from under the beds, toy boxes it even goes under the wardrobe. The other area it does better is at the edges of rooms where fluff and dog hairs build up. One word of warning .... you will end up naming it, ours is called Vera.

Messy Maths Age 6-7 (Letts Magical Topics)
Messy Maths Age 6-7 (Letts Magical Topics)
by Lynn Huggins-Cooper

4.0 out of 5 stars A great first book for KS1, 20 Feb. 2009
My son is one that needs a bit of help with some subjects. The letts series is a great way to do this at home. Treat it like a fun activity after school and do a page a day. After this book move onto the more detailed ones covering addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

I would advise this book for the summer holidays when they are 6 years old then move on from there. Be on the SATS books just after Christmas.

I would have given it 5 stars, but the more detailed books will get that from me as they have an easier flow.

One Dad, Two Dads, Brown Dad, Blue Dad
One Dad, Two Dads, Brown Dad, Blue Dad
by Johnny Valentine

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book for All Young Kids, 17 Aug. 2005
This is a very clever book. Without preaching to kids that diversity is a good thing it still gets the message through. It also shows how stilly some peoples ideas are about gay people. In questioning how the dads came to be blue such ideas as did something rub off on them, was it there upbringing are addressed. I'm so impressed I will be getting copies for my sons friends ready for when they notice that he has two dads .... but no, where not blue.