ARRAY(0xa3c1c114)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Up From Below
Up From Below

4.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat album worth a listen., 18 April 2014
This review is from: Up From Below (Audio CD)
Didn't know anything about this band til I heard the track "Home" which is used on a TV advert I think. Anyway, it sounds a bit like Monsters and Men, Donovan, The Boss in places. Lots of catchy tunes, medium band instrumental arrangements, joint band choruses and the occasional amusing lyric. I like it a lot and it's still growing on me two weeks later.

Corsair Graphite Series 230T ATX Compact Mid Tower Windowed Gaming Computer Case with LED Fan - Orange

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive ATX case, easy to build from, 18 April 2014
My past 4/5 pc builds have all been in black cases which I find a bit dull so I was pleased to see this case on the market at a reasonable, not cheap, price. Good finish and came with all the required fittings though a bag of PC screws wouldn't have gone amiss. Remember this case needs a separate CPU, I fitted a corsair 550w which is fairly quiet. And I like the two fron fans lit up by LED's. A bit gamey, but fun - my son (8) loves them.

Real Steel [DVD]
Real Steel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Little gem of a film, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Real Steel [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as an addition to my sons growing collection of DVDs and wasn't expecting much, the cover is a bit grrrrrr, rooaarr but it's rated 12 so I went ahead. Watched it with him and was very pleasantly surprised with an intelligent script, plenty of emotional content, a good stor, oh yes, and some good robotic fight scenes.

ELTD® PU Leather Cover Case For LG G Pad 8.3 With Sleeping Function & Stand Function (For LG G Pad 8.3, Green III)
Offered by X-FlashBox

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 7 Mar 2014
Nice case for not a whole lot of money, more of a plastic feel than leather but apart from that it fits the LG pad like a glove, cut-outs are all in the right place and the folding cover with its magnets helps turn the screen on and off aka some ipad covers - nice.

Bad Blood
Bad Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of catchy anthem-like songs, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Bad Blood (Audio CD)
A strong album from beginning to end, there isn't really a track I don't like and I've been playing it in the car for weeks without changing the CD. My 8 year old loves it too. I've read a couple of reviews in the press that don't rate Bastille, "too commercial", "not original", "more of the same" and I think that they are being unfair, Bastille's music is of a certain genre, but the tunes are strong, the topics are original and the production is excellent. If you like Snow Patrol, Kasabian, Coldplay or the Stone Roses then you are probably going to enjoy this.

Asics Men's Gel Challenger 9 White/Black/Flash Yellow Tennis Shoe E303Y 0190 11 UK
Offered by Tennis Shop UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really an improvement., 27 July 2013
There are lots of products out there that during their lifespan are tinkered with and improved on, by dint of customer feedback, returns, materials development etc and the Asics gel challenger range is one of them. I am a reasonably heavy tennis player, 100kg, but mobile so I am hard on tennis shoes and require good construction and better than average shock absorption. My old challenger 8 shoes were probably one of the best tennis shoes I have ever owned so it was a no-brainer to get the next in series. However, these don't fit as comfortably, they feel narrower and stretch awkwardly over the bridge of my feet. They feel slightly lighter and although the heels are as well padded as the 8's, the forefoot isn't. I feel like I've bought a pair of shoes that have been subjected to a cost-cutting exercise, not an upgrade. One or two tinkers too many methinks. Off to Nike for my next pair.

Wilson Kids Roger Federer 23 Tennis Racquet - White/Red, 23 Inch
Wilson Kids Roger Federer 23 Tennis Racquet - White/Red, 23 Inch
Offered by Sportyshop

4.0 out of 5 stars Right size for my 8 year old, 24 July 2013
The racquet looks good and has injected a bit of enthusiasm into my sons tennis, will need to upgrade to a Murray 25 very soon!

Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan (120x120x25)
Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan (120x120x25)

4.0 out of 5 stars Improvent on stock cooler, 15 July 2013
I replaced the stock cooler that came with my PC case and this has definitely made a slight improvement in noise control. I haven't run any test to check on it's cooling powers but no problems yet.

Biotene Moisturising Mouthwash 500ml
Biotene Moisturising Mouthwash 500ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle mouthwash for dry mouths & throats, 15 July 2013
Recently had episode where I could not easily tolerate the mainstream mouthwashes which left a burning sensation on my tongue and throat, and then saw this on a shelf in boots. It is very gentle on my palette, just a pity that I can't find it in shops any more. Ah well, Amazon was cheaper.

KET for Schools Testbuilder.Student's Book + Audio-CD`s
KET for Schools Testbuilder.Student's Book + Audio-CD`s
by Sarah Dymond
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for exam preparation, 16 May 2013
My students found this book really useful, the way it's laid out makes sense and my students went into the exam with confidence.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3