Profile for J. Mcmullen > Reviews

Content by J. Mcmullen

J. Mcmullen "JMCMC" (London)

The Purple Revolution: The Year That Changed Everything
The Purple Revolution: The Year That Changed Everything
by Nigel Farage

1.0 out of 5 stars ... of any lefty organisation but I certainly won't be wasted any of my hard earned cash on buying this, 18 Mar. 2015
I haven't been coerced by anyone and am not a member of any lefty organisation but I certainly won't be wasted any of my hard earned cash on buying this. I'm quite convinced without reading it that's its a load of trash written by a gurning, sexist, self interested and self-important man whose every view and opinion will be the polar opposite of mine and hence I need not waste my time reading it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2015 10:17 AM GMT

ForeFront Cases® New Google Nexus 7 FHD Rotating Leather Case Cover / Stand For Google Nexus 7 FHD Tablet (7-Inch, 16GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function + Stylus Pen and Sceen Protector Worth £7.50 - PURPLE
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 27 Sept. 2013
I bought this for my new Google nexus 7 2013 model. It was cheap, fits perfectly and allows me to watch and type in 2 landscape and one portrait orientation. magnetic wake up catch works perfectly. Not mad on the elastic strap Which is a bit fiddly but you don't have to use it.

Canon PIXMA MG8250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer very pleased, 22 Oct. 2012
I bought this printer to replace my ageing Epson all in one. I was impressed at how easy the wireless access was to set up. I simply pressed one button on the printer and one button on my wireless router and that was it! I found the rest of the setup easy too - including the firmware update (the CD-ROM setup leads you to it). As others have said, I can't believe other reviewers have marked it down because of this: a) this is standard procedure now for all high-end kit if you want to take advantage of the latest developments and features (I have just updated the firmware on my Smart TV and my son's Nintendo 3DS for example - normal) and b) I simply used the cable that used to physically connect the old printer, as also suggested.

Print quality seems excellent so far and photos (primary reason for buying) are coming out great. For 200 quid I have no negative points at all for this printer - even the build quality seems fine to me compared to my old one. One thing to note though for placement is that it does have a fairly large footprint as you need access to trays at the front and the back, needs to go on a desk or a deep shelf.

Ink is, of course, pricey, but I am planning to go down the self-refillable route myself this time - plenty of forum info out there telling you how to do this - wish me luck!

Babydan Anti Tip TV Strap
Babydan Anti Tip TV Strap
Offered by SAFETOTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job! Much better than they look, 8 Jun. 2012
Really impresed with these straps. I was really dubious about how they would work but they actually took a couple of minutes to fit. What it doesn't say anywhere is that they come witha choice of 4 different size short screws for the side that screws into the TV - I think all modern flatscreens muset have these holes (for a wall mounting kit?) and one of the 4 screw sizes should fit. Simple to attach the straps to the back of the TV then. For the other ends, there are 3 holes and 3 long pointed screws supplied. I just screwed these straight into the back of the wooden sideboard the TV is on but you could equally drill holes into the walls, plug them and screw them into the wall.

They seem pretty secure and I am much less nervous now about leaving the room whilst letting my small children play the Wii on my nice, shiny, new 55" flatscreen now.