ARRAY(0xad0de384)

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Price: 10.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A great recording!, 14 Jan 2006
Being an avid fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber's work I'm really filled with anticipation every time I receive one of his CDs. I have never been disappointed before and neither have I been this time.
The orchestrations are originally Lloyd-Webber's own and are very charming. The instrumentation is basically that of a rock band's (take away the harp and some other more "exotic" instruments). The vocals are performed very well and to the part (Tim Rice contributes to the backing vocals as well).
This recording shows Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in its younger form, a form that attests to the two, then young, artists great talent. All in all, a splendid score and a great recording!

Aspects of Love
Aspects of Love
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 17 April 2005
This review is from: Aspects of Love (Audio CD)
This is indeed a much overlooked recording. As always Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber has more than surpassed my expectations! The score is simply brilliant. It flows without stop from beginning to end and makes this a very coherent piece. The melody and themes are full and create a very intimate atmosphere. The more one listens to it, the more it reveals. The orchestrations alone deserve praise! The story is very bohemian and quite original and the lyrics are witty and expressive.
It is hard to see how this musical can have detractors. It is a chef d'ouvre that shows Lloyd Webber's unparalleled talent for melody and harmony. I would love to be able to see the show live and certainly will if ever a chance arises!

The Woman In White
The Woman In White
Offered by Media Vortex
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An undisputable masterpiece!!!, 21 Nov 2004
This review is from: The Woman In White (Audio CD)
Being a great fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber I couldn't wait to hear his new musical. When the CD finally arrived I put it into my CD-player with great anxiety and when I heard the opening cords and the intoxicating "Woman in white" leitmotif I was certain that the score is one of Webber's finest! Everything works as a whole, music switches from the opulent harmonies of "I believe my heart" to the heart gripping dissonance of "The holly and the ivy". It is certainly a triumph of musicality and I can plainly profess that "The woman in white" will haunt you forever!