Profile for Simon > Reviews

Content by Simon

Simon

Invision® New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) & iPad 3 Case Cover in Black- Front & Back Protection Smart Cover With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function - Full Grade Leather (PU) with Smooth Satin Inner Cloth - Premium Quality with Superior Design Features - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine. (Black iPad 3 & 4 Case)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Free gifts for 5 star reviews unacceptable, 4 July 2012
Having bought the product mainly on the strength of the reviews I was not at all happy, when the product was delivered, to find a sheet of paper with it offering me a free gift from the company if I wrote a 5 star review of the product. Of course this was accompanied by some nonsense about how this was only intended to 'encourage genuine happy customers to share their thoughts' (personally I want genuine unhappy customers to share their thoughts, too). This practice is obviously unacceptable, and I won't trust reviews of this company's products again.

Having said all that, the case is quite nice. It fits well, and the finish is nice enough. I'd give it four stars, or just possibly five, on its intrinsic merits, and I agree with much of what the other reviewers have written (perhaps the finish isn't *quite* as classy as some have suggested, but it's not at all bad for the price). But there's a matter of principle here regarding the integrity of the reviewing process, and I didn't feel I could let it pass.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 1, 2014 10:05 AM BST