Profile for Omnia Mutantur > Reviews

Omnia Mutantur

Sniper Shooter by Fun Games For Free
Sniper Shooter by Fun Games For Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Diverting, 16 Sept. 2014
It's fun, it's cheap, and it's totally tasteless. What's not to like?!

Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD)
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars The Magic Is Building... and it's going to cost you, 30 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is, without a doubt, the best LEGO game since the two original LEGO Star Wars games. It's loads of fun, and (just like the others in the series) best played with a friend/sibling/child/partner. Of course, I'm assuming a lot here, as my wife and I had to return our PC version and get the Wii disc instead.

Now, our PC components are all getting on a bit, but they still exceed the laughably-labelled 'Minimum Requirements'. Don't kid yourself. You're going to need at least a 3GHz dual-core processor, a graphics card less than six months old with 512MB RAM, and 2GB system memory. Don't push the boat out on the Video Settings screen, though - you'll need proper top-end kit to do that.

But fear not, grasshopper: you will be rewarded. I've seen some impressive YouTube videos. With all the graphics settings turned up, it looks nice. However having played the very busy later levels on the Wii (no gorgeous HDR lighting for me, folks), I'd advise turning down the graphics quality settings unless your PC is a beast.

Finally, you're going to need a whole shedload of patience. Yes, this is buggiest, glitchiest, most frustratingly excellent game I've played in 20 years of gaming - it even crashes our Wii, and that takes some serious cajones. All the techie, games, and customer support forums online say the same about the PC version. Based on past experience, Traveller's Tales will take a while to come through with a bug-fixing patch, and they'll probably only release one. So keep checking the game site (which also needs a decent PC just to run the ridiculous HD Flash content). And shed a tear for us console players, who probably can't even get a patch.

Buy it if you dare. You'll have fun. And you'll tear out your hair.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2012 2:43 PM BST