Profile for Gavin J. Griffiths > Reviews

Content by Gavin J. Griffiths

Gavin J. Griffiths "Mini_Bam" (Wales, UK)

Jackass 3: The Explosive Extended Edition [DVD]
Jackass 3: The Explosive Extended Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Knoxville
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackass 3D(effinately worth buying), 27 Jan 2011
Jackass is a way of life, for a decade now people like myself have grown up watching, admiring and in some cases ignoring warnings only to copy what we've seen on tv to much joy. Johnny Knoxville is a hero, they're all heroes, im forever grateful for Jackass to exist, and for Johhny, Bam, Dunn, Pontius, Ehren Steve-o, all of them.

The film itself does something i though could not be done: better number 2. I saw it in teh cinema when it came out and i was in stitches, the pranks the stunts, the chemistry, it's all been honed to perfection over the past decade and it shows within the limits of the big screen, it's very nostalgic, and an eye-watering rendition of Weezer's "Memories" at the end just reminds us all that, yes, these guys have given us some of the best memories of our lives. of my life anyway, and i only hope they have one more film in them. If not? then they've more than done us proud, and done Hollywood justice. I love them all *raises a glass to jackass*, Thank You :)

Swrmxs
Swrmxs
Offered by MediaMerchants

2.0 out of 5 stars Made ME Scream(Works), 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: Swrmxs (Audio CD)
Let me just say that i am a huge fan of HIM, Ville Valo's lyricism and poetry are an inspiration to me, and i much loved Screamworks when it initially came out in February. Whilst recently browsing they're main website, i discovered that a remix album was to be released: "SWRMXS".

Being a fan, this got me quite excited, so i pre-ordered a copy direct through the post. I recieve it today (13/12/10) and listen to it straigh away with great anticipation...what i discover is i've purchased the first HIM release that i honestly do NOT like...there are flashes of breif excitement regarding tune and alternate interpretaions of trully great songs, but im sorry to say this isn't even one for the fans, the collectors yes as it is still an official HIM release, but im afraid it just isn't any good. Limp Bizkit's "The Unquestionable Truth Part 1" springs to mind.

Gavin Griffiths.

Supernatural - Fourth Season Part 1 [DVD]
Supernatural - Fourth Season Part 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jared Padalecki
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Naturally Super!, 23 Mar 2009
Supernatural HAS to be my favourite tv show, drama based. Fact. I watch Viva la Bam, Wildboys & Jackass and all that stuff is great but this is DEFFINATLY my favourite PROPER show. The whole concept of Dean actually dying and going to hell in Season 3's cliffhanger kept me so damn anxious about season 4 and it's not disappointed. The 2-parter for the opening episodes, the reasoning behind Deans re-ammmergance, Lilith's plans...Sam's dark undertones blackening further...and the humour has been writing sharper than ever. It's faultless and Jensen Akles & Jared Padalecki just work so well together. Season 4 is shaping up to be the best yet as the story develops further, and i can't wait to see what happens when the boys meet up with Lilith for THE showdown....recommend to all.

Millennium Fever
Millennium Fever
Offered by Discount CDs

5.0 out of 5 stars (Don't Fear) Dean Winchester, 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: Millennium Fever (Audio CD)
I've Not Heard This Album Yet (Im ABout To Purchase It) But I'd Give It 5 Stars For The Fact That They're Cover Of Blue Oyster Cult's "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" Was Used In A Commercial For Supernatural, One Of The Best TV Shows Ever :P
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2013 10:18 PM BST

Godzilla
Godzilla
Offered by AbundaTrade

3.0 out of 5 stars You're Story Just Walked Past The Window..., 29 Jan 2009
This review is from: Godzilla (Audio CD)
Admitted, This Album Bares No Accompanyment To The Film In Question...It Shouldn't Have Been A Film To Begin With. Godzilla Always Has Been And Always Will Be A MAsterpiece Of Japanese Cinema From Toho. Ok They Tried (And Failed) To Bring It To A Wider Western Audience, It Would Never Have The Same Vibe. Every Musical Score By Akira Ifukube Shall Always Be Better But For Sheer Enjoyment Of Rock Alone, Shall I Recommend This Album. And Also, With A Dark Irony My Mother Wants Jamaroqai's "Deeper Underground" Played At Her Funeral :P

Haggard
Haggard

4.0 out of 5 stars His Name...Is HELLBOY!!!?, 21 Jan 2009
This review is from: Haggard (Audio CD)
Like The Film It Accompanies...It's Produced By Bam Margera, Which Pretty Much Indicates It's Just Full Of His Favourite Bands. HIM Especially As 3 Songs Off Of They're "Deep Shadows & Brilliant Highlights" Album Appear Here. Is This Bad? Ofcourse Not. Those 3 Tracks Are All Superb. Further Highlights Include "Someone Like You" By New Order, And "I Got Erection", Originally By Turbonegro, It's Been Re-Recorded By Gnar Kill (Brandon DiCamillo, Bam & Jess Margera) And As A Result, More Entertaining.

I Recommmend Anything Done By Bam Margera, But In The Case Of This Soundtrack, I Suggest You Watch The Movie Too, You'll Appreciate It That Much More (And Have A Good Laugh At The Same Time)

FLASHY
FLASHY

3.0 out of 5 stars An Electric 5th?, 21 Jan 2009
This review is from: FLASHY (Audio CD)
To Be Totally Honest...Back In The Day's Of "Gay Bar", "Danger! High Voltage" & "Dance Commander"...I Totally Fell For Electric 6. Baught "Fire", Loved It, And Thought Awesome...I Like This Band. Fact.

Thing is...I THOUGHT That Was It. I Heard Nothing Of Anything After That, So To Discover They'd Released FIVE Albums!!! I Had To Look Into Them Again. "Flashy" Is A Difficult Album, I Won't Beat About The Bush. Where As "Switzerland" ("Mr.Woman", "Pink Flamingos" "Pulling The Plug On The Party") And "Senor Smoke" ("Rock 'N' Roll Evacuation", "Bite Me", "Vibrator") Have Continued Along The Path Of Uber-Catchy, "Flashy" Seems...I Don't Know...Subdued? Matured Some May Say? Yes It Does have It's Moments ("We Were Witchy Witchy White Women", "Watching Evil Empires Fall Apart") But It Won't Hit You With A Groovy Left Hook Like Past Outings. By All Means A Must For E6 Fans...But Not Ideal For First Timers.

The Wrestler [DVD]
The Wrestler [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mickey Rourke
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Ram, Jam Thank You Maam', 21 Jan 2009
This review is from: The Wrestler [DVD] (DVD)
I Saw This Movie In The Cinema And I have To Say It Was Well Worth paying For The Ticket.
Mickey Rourke Is Cast Superbly As Randy "The Ram" Robinson, A Former 80's Wrestling Hero, World Champion, People's Champion, You name It. All The Fame And Fortune Seems Evident In The Opening Credits. Cut Scene And We're 20 Years Later. Randy's Still In The Ring, But He's A Shadow Of His Former Self. (Hulk Hogan Anybody?). Yeah He's past-It, Wrestling Weekends At Cheap Events, Working At Some Local Supermarket To Make Ends Meat, Living Alone In Some Trailer Park, In Love With Some Lap-Dancer And His Daughter Hates Him. He's Got Nothing Left, So He Just Keeps Wrestling. Until The Heart Attack...
The Story Is Genuinley Moving At Times, Especially The Scenes With His Daughter Stephanie (Evan Rachel Wood), And You Feel Every Ounce Of His Pain, Albiet Physical or Emotional.
Regardless Of Your Preference Towards Wrestling, Love it Or hate It, This Film Is One You've GOT To See, And I Can't Wait To get it On DVD As Soon As It's Out.