Profile for C. L. Steel > Reviews

Content by C. L. Steel

C. L. Steel (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Alva Baby AI2 Color Snap Reuseable Washable Pocket Cloth Nappy With 2 Liners CS33-EU
Offered by Alva baby
Price: 6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars ... one with the moustaches) and find this one much better. I am a real cloth nappy snob and ..., 23 July 2014
I have reviewed a similar Alva baby cloth nappy (the one with the moustaches) and find this one much better. I am a real cloth nappy snob and am seriously impressed by this one!

It has loads of snaps so is very adjustable,
Nice long 'wings' mean it'll fit my baby comfortably up until potty training,
Big pocket means you can really stuff it for night time,
It has double leg gussets sewn in to avoid those 'poonamis',
It has openings at the front and back for the booster pad so you can choose the least yucky end to pull out!
The openings have flaps to stop the boosters poking out.
The boosters are nice and wide and absorb LOADS,
The boosters can also be snapped into place inside the nappy to stop them moving about.

Alva Baby AI2 Digital Printed Reuseable Washable Cloth Nappy with 2 Liners YA88-EU
Offered by Alva baby
Price: 6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, 23 July 2014
For the price this is a great nappy. I am a real nappy snob and have tried virtually every brand out there! I'll be honest, I bought this one purely for the design and was fully expecting to have to make some changes to it (I also make my own nappy wraps) however I'm pretty impressed by it.
Pros:
Funky design- especially on the hot weather when babies are dressed only in their nappies,
2 thick microfibre boosters,
Lots of snaps make it really adjustable,
Dries quickly & doesn't lose shape.

Cons:
It is quite large, on the smallest setting only just fits my 6 month old 16 pounder,
Both microfibre pads make it pretty bulky, but I have swapped these out for one thinner bamboo one,
The opening at the back doesn't have a flap, so the soaker pad can sometimes ride up and poke out, causing wet clothes.

All in all a good spare for the change bag, but not close to Charlie Banana washable nappies.

Beaming Baby Bio-Degradable Mini Nappies - Pack of 20 Nappies
Beaming Baby Bio-Degradable Mini Nappies - Pack of 20 Nappies
Price: 5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 start in every way, 17 Jun 2014
I'm a staunch supporter of anything Eco so naturally I use washable nappies, however for those first few days in hospital they aren't really practical so disposables are the only option. These are lovely and soft for newborn's skin and fit really well around skinny little legs before they start to lay down fat at about 8lb. No nasties either. Highly recommended.

Bambino Mio Miosoft Nappy Cover Nature Calls Summer Newborn <5kgs
Bambino Mio Miosoft Nappy Cover Nature Calls Summer Newborn <5kgs
Price: 9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute and a great fit, 17 Jun 2014
These new nappy wraps are just amazing, such an improvement on the old design. The pocket at the front stops the insert poking out and wicking onto clothing, and the new position of the Velcro is much more convenient and unlikely to irritate baby's skin. I don't use the Mio nappies though as I find them unbelievibly bulky! I prefer the Little Lamb bamboo boosters which are lovely and thin so you just later up as many as you need.

Bambino Mio Miosoft Nappy Cover Nature Calls Spring Newborn <5kgs

Duracell Procell Battery Alkaline 1.5V D Ref MN1300 [Pack of 10]
Offered by memorycapital
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jun 2014
What's not to like? These batteries just last forever. Baby and children's toys eat batteries, but since using these our consumption has dramatically fallen!

Teaching Motor Skills to Children with Cerebral Palsy and Similar Movement Disorders: A Guide for Parents and Professionals
by Sieglinde Martin
Price: 12.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A staple must, 20 Dec 2013
Wow, what a book! My 3 yr old has an undiagnosed neurological disorder presenting like Cerebral Palsy and over all the research and clinical neurology books I have read to try and understand her needs this one has been by far the most helpful and informative. It spans the child's life from birth and details the milestones of a neuro-typical child before explaining some of the variations, and reasons for these, for children with neurological disorders. The book is written in plain English and is extremely easy to understand so long as you have a basic knowledge of the medical terms associated with your child's condition. It's the first time I've leant a book to my childminder knowing she hasn't done the extent of research I have, and that she'll have no problem understanding what's written in it. The exercises and activities suggested are so easy to complete and flexible with different situations and are adaptable for the age of your child as well as your child's ability level. Overall this is a book which is very easy to dip in and out of and can be referred to for help and clarification when needed.

Dolls World Dolls Carrier
Dolls World Dolls Carrier

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little carrier, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Dolls World Dolls Carrier (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter's 3rd birthday and she loves it. She has mobility problems and can't walk with dolly prams as they aren't stable enough, but can wear this whilst she walks around with her walking frame. We found that you need to change the way it is worn though as each strap is designed to simply loop over the shoulders, but kept slipping off, so we played around with it and discovered that by undoing the Velcro and crossing the straps over at the back this alleviates that problem. All in all a good little toy.

The Magic Bed
The Magic Bed
by John Burningham
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Magic Bed (Paperback)
I bought this for my reception class to complete a unit of work. It is about a boy who outgrows his cot and buys a new 'magic' bed from an antiques shop. At night the bed takes him on adventures all over the world. Lots of discussion to be had from this book.

Penguin Small
Penguin Small
by Mick Inkpen

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Penguin Small (Paperback)
I bought this for my reception class to complete a unit of work. It is a lovely story about a penguin who is scared of the water but has to leave the North Pole to escape the polar bears, so travels on an iceberg with only his snowman friend for company. Lovely illustrations too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3