Profile for Warch > Reviews

SanDisk SDCZGXB-016G-B46 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for Xbox 360
SanDisk SDCZGXB-016G-B46 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for Xbox 360
Offered by MyMemory

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit expensive but other wise fine, 30 Jan. 2013
As the title says, wish it was the price of a normal USB stick (or less) but otherwise it's a simple plug and play and a great addition to an older xbox with the smaller hard drives.

Facilitation - an Art, Science, Skill - or all three? Build your expertise in facilitation
by Tony Mann

2.0 out of 5 stars Really bad quality book, 30 Jan. 2013
I have to agree with one of the eariler reviewers. When this book turned up I was shocked at low quailty of the presentation.

The diagrams were blurred, they weren't properly aligned to the text and the text seemed to change fonts and layout for no obvious reason. Returned it for a full refund straight away as I knew I wouldn't have the patience to put up with this. Very surprising for a business guide.

I only give 2 stars because I didn't read it and for all I know the content is the most insightful guide to facilitation there is so 1 star wouldn't have been fair.

Limescale & Detergent Remover for Washing Machines & Dishwashers 10 Applications, 10 months supply.
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

5.0 out of 5 stars No engineer visits in over 3 years!, 30 Jan. 2013
I was first sold these by a Hotpoint engineer would had come out to fix the heating element on my dishwasher for the third time that year. I live in a particularly high hard water area so I had constant problems and had taken out an extended warranty in order to counter the very high call out charges I was paying.

However, since using these I haven’t had to call Hotpoint out once. Occasionally I will get an error message on my machine suggesting a breakdown but I just pop one of these in the machine and I’m good to go again.

So confident in the results these give me I have now cancelled the extended warranty saving myself £15 per month.

Haven’t tried on the washing machine which seems to be immune to the hard water problem (touch wood) but for my dishwasher this is a vital ongoing piece of kit which is saving me so much money!

Black & Decker X40400 Vice Pegs (4) for Workmate
Black & Decker X40400 Vice Pegs (4) for Workmate
Offered by ptctools

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, simple replacement, 30 Jan. 2013
These pegs are so easy to loose in a hectic garage so I was so pleased to find quick replacements online.

Justice League Heroes (Nintendo DS)
Justice League Heroes (Nintendo DS)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all it's cracked up to be, 12 Oct. 2007
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Don't be fooled by thinking this game will be anything like the other formats. This game is extremely limited.

First of all, you only play with one character at a time and not two like on the PSP or others. Secondly, that one character is one of either the Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman or Superman...so not Green Lantern, Green Arrow or the Manhunter.

Thirdly, it's very very very repeatative. Basically all that changes throughout the game is the colour and shape of the villains that you face and thats it. They all die with the same amount of punches and the Special Powers are so special they make the game far too easy. Even the bosses can be beaten with very effort.

Save your money and wait until it's a bargain bucket somewhere.

Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures (PC CD)
Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures (PC CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Trust me, it isn't worth it...., 29 Nov. 2006
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Okay, two things to get out of the way first: 1, I am an absolute Star Wars freak! Basically if there is a lightsaber involved then I'm hooked... and 2, I didn't get this game until after the combat upgrade that everyone talks about so I wasn't privy to the older versions of this game.

Simply put, it really, really isn't any good! I thought this would be the best gaming experience ever. Live in the Star Wars universe sounded like heaven to me. I could not have been more disappointed.

There aren't that many online gamers, the gameplay is clunky at best, the missions are easy and predictable and the character progression is laughable. Given that most Star Wars gamers have been used to games like Jedi Knight and the X-Wing series you would expect this game to reflect those but take it to a whole new level. Unfortuntely it misses the mark by several lightyears on all counts. The space combat is bordering on insulting given the level set by X-Wing Alliance.

So PLEASE, trust a Star Wars fan and spend your money elsewhere. There is nothing to be gained by playing this game.

Superman Returns - 2 Disc [DVD]
Superman Returns - 2 Disc [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brandon Routh
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Man of Steel returns and then some..., 9 Oct. 2006
I had deep, deep reservations going to see this film. Never thought that they could re-create the magic of the original films and suspected the franchise may well die with this film...I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG!!! It is an awesome, truly awesome film.

Brandon Routh is incredible as the Man of Steel and equally as briliant playing Clark Kent. Kate Bosworth does okay as Lois Lane (although Teri Hatcher is still the best Lois) and supporting characters like Jimmy Olsen, Richard White (played by James "Cyclops" Marsden) and Perry White are all extremely well used. Steeling the show is Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. Spacey brings an edge to the character that was lacking from Gene Hackman's version and Lex is now a worthy villian for Superman.

There are a number of homeages to the original films (not 3 and 4 for obivious reasons) while not being a slave to them. Don't waste time wondering if it's a sequel or re-make, it's a bit of both. The film has it's origins in the Richard Donnor films but Bryan Singer brilliantly takes those characters in whole new directions. Sequel is planned for 2009 but in the mean time, BUY THIS DVD!!! You will not be disappointed!

Superman Returns - Single Disc [DVD] [2006]
Superman Returns - Single Disc [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Brandon Routh

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, awesome return!!!, 7 Aug. 2006
There were so many reasons to think that this movie wouldn't work but believe me it really, really does. I actually left the cinema awe struck. It is that good!

Brandon Routh is superb as Superman/Clark Kent and easily fills the void left by Christopher Reeve. Kevin Spacey takes Lex Luthor to a whole new level and puts in a turely stella performance. Both actors are also backed but by good performances from Kate Bosworth (Lois Lane) and James Marsden (Richard White). The film has a wonderful plot and pays nice homage to the previous films but lays the ground work to become a whole new Superman legend in it's own rights. Bryan Singer did a great job.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Superman/Batman: Supergirl
Superman/Batman: Supergirl
by Jeph Loeb

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic return, 21 Mar. 2005
I've never been the greatest fan of Supergirl but her introduction (or return if you want to look at it that way) is very well done here.
The art work is truely fantastic is places and the character interaction, namely Batman's annoyance at Superman's trustworthy nature, keeps you gripped. Superman comparing Kara to Nightwing and Robin also leads to some good dialouge between Batman, Superman and Diana. Wonder Woman's inclusion is timely and not just a token gesture I'd feared it may be(although the nature of her entrance is confusing at first).
Darkseid returns and is tremendously evil as ever which eventually provokes a great reaction from Superman. The addition of Doomsday proved to be a quick anti-climax but ultimately was essential to the story line.
There are a few continuity issues (mainly with the Death of Superman series) but none are very obivous and the story is a great follow on from 'Public Enemies'. All in all, totally worth the money.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2009 7:47 PM BST