Profile for Monkwearmouth > Reviews

Content by Monkwearmouth

Monkwearmouth (London)

Blue Padded Leather Watch Strap Band With A Stitched Edging And Nubuck Lining 18mm
Offered by Talk Time
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality strap, 28 Sep 2013
A great watch strap, high quality leather and amazing value for money. Nice subtle blue colour. It arrived on time. Overall, highly recommended.

KAVAJ leather case "Berlin" for the new Apple iPad mini 2 (Retina Display) and iPad mini cognac brown - genuine leather with stand-up feature
Offered by KAVAJ
Price: 39.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding quality, design and value for money, 1 Sep 2013
I wanted a soft leather case for my mini ipad and did a lot of research on the web. I was a little uncertain about ordering the Kavaj case, given some of the negative reviews and comments. I need not have worried, it is a superbly made leather case in a beautiful shade of light brown. The design leaves all the mini ipad functions easily accessible and I have had no problems in getting the case to support the mini ipad in an upright position. The cover always works to put the screen into standby mode. The quality of the leather is a joy and the price is almost unbelievable. If you want a soft mini ipad case then do not hesitate. This is a truly outstanding product and an absolute bargain.

Three's a Crowd
Three's a Crowd
Price: 4.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Three's a Crowd (Kindle Edition)
This book is great, I could not put it down and I can not wait to read the next one in the trilogy!
I highly recommend this book to ages between 11 - 15 years. Please read it!

One Man and His Bike
One Man and His Bike
by Mike Carter

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: One Man and His Bike (Paperback)
I enjoyed this immensely. Easy to read, funny, yet thought-provoking about the country in which we live and the way we view the world. It was the perfect companion over the course of a week of commuting by tube into London. Highly recommended.

GENUINE Original DELL Inspiron Mini 9 10 12 AC Adapter Charger , Euro Plug , FREE EURO to UK Mains Adapter supplied, Compatible with Inspiron Mini 910 , Inspiron Mini 9 , Inspiron Mini 10 , Inspiron Mini 1010 , Inspiron Mini 1011 , Inspiron Mini 10v , Inspiron Mini 12 , Inspiron Mini 1210 , 19V 1.58A, 30W , Dell P/Ns : Y991K , P602H , BRAND NEW
Offered by ShizaltaUK
Price: 11.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning: look carefully before you buy, 9 Sep 2010
What I thought I was getting was a UK Dell mains charger for my Inspiron 1010. What I in fact got was a charger with two pins for use with Continental mains sockets. It came with a cheap looking white UK socket converter. The whole apparatus sticks out from the wall by 10cms. Yes, maybe I should have read the advert more carefully, but I would not have imagined anyone selling a Continental mains adapter on the amazon UK website - what a waste of time and money.

Hard Leather Case for Canon Powershot SX200 SX210 IS, Panasonic LX3,LX5 Digital Camera (Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb accessory, 8 May 2010
I bought this to go with my Canon Powershot SX 200. It fits perfectly and looks superb. Amazing quality for the price.

Sony DCRSR58EX Handycam Camcorder With Built-In 80GB HDD - Silver
Sony DCRSR58EX Handycam Camcorder With Built-In 80GB HDD - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camcorder, terrible camera, 3 May 2010
I bought the DCR SR58 thinking it would both shoot video and take photos, thus removing the need to lug around a camcorder and a camera.

For video, it is certainly easy to use, with a great zoom and simple controls. It is compact in size and light to carry, which encourages you to use it. Another plus is compatibility with Apple imovie, so you can just connect to your mac for editing, without using Sony's software.

The big downside, however, is the performance of the camera function. I printed out some photos and the quality was appalling. I checked the instruction manual only to discover that the camera is 0.3 megapixels! To my mind, this is not fit for purpose. Any camera-phone is better than that. I do not expect top notch quality - 5 meg would have been fine for occasional stills- but Sony have incorporated a joke camera into an otherwise good quality camcorder. Bizarre.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2011 12:48 AM GMT

Veho VTT-001 Music Lab USB LP Turntable converter to PC
Veho VTT-001 Music Lab USB LP Turntable converter to PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Important tip., 9 Feb 2009
Essy to set up out of the box. We used it to put a 60 year old 78rpm record onto iTunes and it worked a treat. The only thing I would say is that you need to put a 2 pence piece on the arm, or otherwise the needle can skate over the surface of the record. We experimented with various LPs and this was the perfect solution. Overall, I would recommend this highly and I am having alot of fun in reviving my old record collection!