Profile for Joyola > Reviews

Joyola

Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy
Bridget and Joan's Diary: A Parody: Mad About the Toy Boy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bridget and Joan's Diary, 25 Nov 2013
A laugh a minute book, following the antics of two ladies of advanced years.
Couldn't stop laughing, I hope I have the same spirit when I am their age.

SOFT AS DOWN MICROFIBRE DUVET 10.5 TOG, ALL SIZES AVAILABLE (Double 200cm x 200cm)
Offered by Homecare Furnishings UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 26 Sep 2013
I bought this quilt for my bed, and chose it specially for the diamond quilting, which means that unlike the channelled quilting, the filling will not lump at the top or bottom, it is warm and light, and even though I only bought the double, it is fine on a king size bed.

Genuine Ladies Extra Thick Wool Cuff Sheepskin Slippers with Hard Man Made Sole. Chestnut Brown. Size 6
Offered by Cozycomforts

3.0 out of 5 stars Sheepskin bootee slippers, 26 Sep 2013
I ordered the chestnut coloured ones, and received a despatch notification, I then received a second email stating that there was a problem with stock, or something, and I could either wait for new stock, have a refund or accept the grey ones, as I wanted them, I accepted the grey ones.

They are good to look at, nice thick solid rubber sole, and a nice fur cuff, and they fit well, but there is where the good ends, they do not grip the back of the ankle, they slip up and down as I walk, whether I wear tights, socks or bare feet, so I might as well have bought a pair of sheepskin mules.

They have been retired to the back of the wardrobe. If they had been a good fit I would have rated them 5

24 pocket Over the Door Shoe Hanging Organizer Shoe Storage Organiser Box Rack
24 pocket Over the Door Shoe Hanging Organizer Shoe Storage Organiser Box Rack

3.0 out of 5 stars Over door shoe hanger, 9 Sep 2013
This is a good idea, and does fit the profile of the door, but the three hooks that go over the door to hold the unit are far too flimsy, they fell off the door numerous times before I managed to bend them closed enough to hook over the tightly.

Delivery was well in to,e, and the item was well packed.

If the hooks had been sturdier it would have got 5 stars.

Hello Kitty Cute Cross-stitch Kit
Hello Kitty Cute Cross-stitch Kit
by Sanrio

3.0 out of 5 stars Kitty Cross Stitch kit, 29 July 2012
This is a printed cross stitch, not a counted one.

I think it is aimed at girls who are Hello Kitty fans, but the pattern is badly stamped onto the material, and leaves areas of stamping on the material when the embroidery was finished. The suggested frame sizes were too big, and the work looked lost inside them, I would advise anyone who buys it to check on the advised frame sizes once the work is finished, neglect the final framing.
My 6 year old granddaughter who the finished embroideries were for was thrilled by them.

Crock-Pot Sauté Traditional Slow Cooker - 4.7 Litre
Crock-Pot Sauté Traditional Slow Cooker - 4.7 Litre

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it looks, 15 Nov 2010
This is a nice looking item, and cooks well, but it falls down vey badly on the design. I found it very difficult to empty due to the shape of it. When the crock pot is tipped to empty left over food into freezer boxes, gravy would collect in the bulbous top part and under the lip at the top where the lid sits. My daughter found exactly the same thing. I'm sad to say it is now in the back of the garage.