Profile for Simon Rea > Reviews

Simon Rea (IOM)

Herd Runners
Herd Runners
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars let no one say "they dont write songs like they used to" as here lies proof that Cherry ..., 10 July 2014
This review is from: Herd Runners (Audio CD)
This could well be my album of the year. Richard Hawley , Elbow , Glen Campbell there are nods to all these and more but this is a truly original and stunning album. let no one say "they dont write songs like they used to" as here lies proof that Cherry Ghost are one of the UKs greatest songwriters.
Beautiful

Delius - Orchestral Works
Delius - Orchestral Works
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 4 Mar 2014
Recorded in 1977 for RCA this recording seems to have passed on to the Chandos label in the early 80s where i found it. Delius is a wonderous composer and I am lucky to have and heard many of his works. This however for me is the greatest achivement in capturing the soundscapes and beauty of his compositions. Norman De Mar and the BSO surpass anything I have heard since on this recording making more recent "HIFI" recordings pale cover versions in comparrason.

Great war of words (1990) [VINYL]
Great war of words (1990) [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Feb 2013
Brians debut showcases a songwriting talent that belied his age. Produced by Tim Friese Green ( Talk Talk ) the whole album is beautifuly recorded giving over a sence of space and texture. Sadly Brian went off into a commercial direction leaving behind one of my fave albums.

Sometimes I Wish I Were An Eagle
Sometimes I Wish I Were An Eagle
Price: 10.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Gallant, 31 May 2009
Album of the year so far. This gem has not left my turntable since I bought it. Beautifully understated in both production and delivery Bill has done what most other artists dream of... Write and record a rare straight down the line classic album that should be heard by all ... IF ONLY... Im looking forward to listening to this delight in years to come.

Ignore at your perril..

Ohio [Limited Edition]
Ohio [Limited Edition]
Offered by collectorsheaven
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 13 Oct 2008
This review is from: Ohio [Limited Edition] (Audio CD)
Im a huge fan of Kurts beatiful band. Stumbling upon them back in the NIXON days... That they are branded Alt country it will shock any new ears that OHIO drifts along with subtle understated grace. As usual it takes a few spins for the tresures to shine through But like all Lambchops albums give it a little time and the rewards are worth there "wait" in gold.. This gem of an album will have pride of place on my player...... until the band bring out another..!!

Album of the year in my world