Profile for Helen Hodgson > Reviews

Playmobil 1.2.3 6715 Farmer with Tractor
Offered by a1 Toys
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars great little tractor and trailer, 8 Jun 2012
My son loves putting stuff in the trailer and pushing it round. The coupling is easy to work which is important with a toddler's temper! Plus it hooks up to other 123 vehicles. Difficult to rate its educational value, but it certainly sturdy, washable and just right for little hands.

All Afloat on Noah's Boat
All Afloat on Noah's Boat
by Tony Mitton

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired combination, 1 Dec 2009
Lovely words to share out loud coupled with fantastic works of art - a perfect picture book.

Perky Little Penguins
Perky Little Penguins
by Tony Mitton

5.0 out of 5 stars splishy sploshy fun, 1 Dec 2009
This review is from: Perky Little Penguins (Hardcover)
This book is loved by all the family and I never get tired of reading it - it's so well written and the illustrations just burst with life.

Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North
Pies and Prejudice: In search of the North
by Stuart Maconie
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars for them that likes laffin', 25 Sep 2009
Well I'm sorry, but I've laughed all the way through. And that's from a hapless midlander (albeit one married to a thoroughbred Yorkshireman). Wherever you're from it makes for an entertaining read - and I've learnt some things to boot, bargain! Just off to order his other two books....

Orchard Toys Big Tractor
Orchard Toys Big Tractor
Price: 8.35

5.0 out of 5 stars best kids puzzles, 11 May 2009
This review is from: Orchard Toys Big Tractor (Toy)
My son loves this puzzle and the others in the same range. The pieces fit together easily, it it very carefully cut to make it easier to match the picture, the illustration is lovely AND it's a tractor. It still gets played with regularly even though he's now mastered more difficult puzzles.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 11 May 2009
I bought this hoping for an easy to use mouse for my son. I hoped that the two separate buttons would be easier than a standard mouse but even I found it difficult to control and now one of the buttons has broken.
Very cute, but definitely not for kids.

Hello Children Everywhere - Playgroup Songs
Hello Children Everywhere - Playgroup Songs
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars LOUSY, 11 May 2009
I'm sorry but this is the worst kids CD I've ever come across. I can't find any good points and even my three year old won't listen to it.
Don't waste your money.

John Deere Tractor-A-Day Calendar with Toy
John Deere Tractor-A-Day Calendar with Toy
by Andy Kraushaar
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps my toddler quiet!, 10 Nov 2008
Someone bought one for my husband a couple of years ago, but my son loved it so much it has become a tradition. If ever I need to keep him entertained I have a ready stock of tractor pictures! And Daddy gets the diecast too so it's win - win.

Orchard Toys Who's in the Jungle?
Orchard Toys Who's in the Jungle?
Price: 7.01

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect puzzle, 3 Sep 2008
my two year old son and I love doing this puzzle (not that he needs any help) - it's perfectly designed (as are all Orchard Toys puzzles) so that the animals are fun to find and there is so much to talk about too.
i agree with the other review - we'd love the same level of detail but with more pieces.

The Story House
The Story House
by Vivian French

5.0 out of 5 stars great bed time read, 16 April 2007
This review is from: The Story House (Hardcover)
Ok, so my 10 month old son doesn't yet appreaciate this book , but I love it and am looking forward to reading it again when he's older. The stories are all really nice - and just the right length for a pre-nap tale and the illustrations are fab - lots of detail to pour over and keep an older child / parent fascinated. The only downside is that there's supposed to be one story for every week of the year, but it was a Christmas present and we've finished it by April!

Page: 1 | 2