Profile for deshee > Reviews

Pilates For The Lower Back Pain [DVD]
Pilates For The Lower Back Pain [DVD]
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilates for lower back pain, 14 Jun 2011
I found this DVD excellent. The instructor went into great detail on posture and engaging the core .. showing correct posture tips on how to stand correctly and get the abdominal s working. Due to a back injury I was unable to stretch my left leg fully. I have been in severe pain for the past 5 months. I had immediate improvement when I corrected my posture and engaged my core as per this DVD. I have had an 80% improvement in my condition since practicing these Pilates principles in an extremely short time!!. it makes huge sense now that I understand.. He describes the abdominal muscles as acting like a second spine .. and if its all hanging out and not working your hips , back and body are going to suffer as I was!!.. So, i have only done a small part of this DVD and I am thrilled improving everyday.. As I recuperate I will be able to do more.. for anyone suffering from low back pain its super.. really listen to the instructor and do as he advises and you will reap the rewards.. If you can`t do work out due to injury just work on posture and core for a while and everything else will settle allowing you to work out eventually ... I have been going to Physio for months and these simple principles have done more in a very short time .. Highly recommend it!!Good luck with it!!

The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work
The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work
by John Gottman
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The seven principles for making marriage work, 10 Mar 2011
This is an excellent book. Very well wtitten and very clearly explained. It outlines the fundamental differences in how males and females communicate which I found very helpful. Also , how to approach sensitive issues plenty of advice and examples on what to say, how to say and when not to say anything. Since, reading this book I am certainly communicating better with my husband and conflicts have decreased to almost nil which is super. Really liked it and if you are at the end of your tether and ready to just leave.. read this book. I am not saying it will heal your relationship , but, it will give you the tools to bring you to a place of peace and a better understanding of your spouse and yourself which i found very helpful in making the important decisions necessary in times of crisis. To stop the silly games . .and truly see your relationship for what it is and take ownership for your role in the dysfunction. I also, learned alot about myself and how I had fallen into every trap of bad communication there was so it really is excellent... Enjoy.