Profile for leighanne_miles > Reviews

Content by leighanne_miles

"leighanne_miles"

500 Low Carb Recipes: 500 Recipes from Snacks to Desserts That the Whole Family Will Love
by Dana Carpender

5.0 out of 5 stars This will entice me to keep to low carb, 12 Feb 2004
I bought this book purely based on the reviews that had been left and I can see why they were so great. The book is written as if its a note to a friend and the recipes are written in a really easy to follow way.
It has a massive range of recipes from quick and easy to those that take longer. The carb count is broken down for each recipe too so you can count your carbs easily.
This has some delicious recipes included and this is definitely one for the shelf if you plan to eat low carb long term.

Dr Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook
Dr Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook
by Robert C Atkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin.., 12 Feb 2004
This book has had some slating in some reviews, but it is now one of my most used cook books. I've been an avid atkins follower for 4 months now and bought this as I was getting tired of steak and salad but didn't want to spend hours preparing meals.
There are some great recipes in this book, and they are all quick and dead easy to make. Some of the weight conversions can be baffling, but if you go to [...] they have a US to UK weight conversion so you can work it all out. Each recipe also breaks down your carb count so you can keep an eye on what you are eating.
It doesn't have the most extensive variety of recipes in the book, but with this one, its quality more than quality. Definitely worth a go if you plan to stick with the Atkins (or other low carb diets)

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
by Alexander McCall Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars A true detective read this is not, but great all the same!, 12 Feb 2004
I am not into detective novels, and didn't buy this book because I thought it would be. Its a great read, but I do agree with the other reviews that if you are buying it for the detective stories then its probably not what you are looking for. The stories (I say stories as I have bought the next 2 in the series) follow Botswanas only female detective.
Its a great read and is written in a such an engaging way that its unputdownable! The descriptions that the author uses to bring vivid images of Africa into your mind are fab!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this and the others in the series!