Profile for Billy The Baker > Reviews

Content by Billy The Baker

Billy The Baker

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Simmenthal Jellied Cured Beef (3x90g)
Simmenthal Jellied Cured Beef (3x90g)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 Aug. 2015
Same as the other size I bought - It's OK but not very good. Great texture, nice jelly, but not much taste at all. Disappointing.

Simmenthal Jellied Cured Beef (140g)
Simmenthal Jellied Cured Beef (140g)
Offered by Nifeislife

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 3 Aug. 2015
It's OK, but not really good. I was actually looking for jellied veal and I came across this in my search. It has all the very same texture, tenderness etc of jellied veal, but unfortunately it does not have much taste at all. It could well be jellied ?????? (Pick your own meat!) I'll not bother again.

Supremery® Asus Zenfone 6 Shell Invisible Crystal Case Transparent Shell Bag TPU Cover Accessories for Asus Zenfone 6 Smartphone Shell TPU Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection for phone, 3 Aug. 2015
Instead of the usual all covering case for my latest mobile phone I decided to just buy this shell which neatly covers the back and gives a sure grip on the phone. I decided I did not need a full cover case as after all, the screen on my Asus is Gorilla glass and I'm glad I chose this option. The screen is always totally visible to me when I leave it on my desk/bedside etc and this has proven to be a great boon compared to the "clam" case type gadgets I used in the past. The cover is robust enough to protect from slight falls and the bonus of a "suregrip" makes it well worthwhile.
A good buy.

Drilling, Killing, Love, Drugs and Mud
Drilling, Killing, Love, Drugs and Mud

5.0 out of 5 stars Two weeks on/Two weeks off - you'll read this in two very happy days!, 3 Aug. 2015
Tee-hee! This is a very good laugh for anyone who has ever worked offshore and I'm sure that like me, you might recognise a few characters. It is not overly "complicated" for beach folks to understand and whilst the story is a wee bit far fetched, it does give a very good account of some of the claustrophobic life offshore and the always ongoing disputes between various departments. A very good read.

Allocacoc PowerCube Extended USB Power Socket UK - 1.5 Metre
Allocacoc PowerCube Extended USB Power Socket UK - 1.5 Metre

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 3 Aug. 2015
Another super gadget which I often seem to find on Amazon when looking for solutions to problems. This "thing" is perfect in all respects - plenty of room for plugs of any shape or size and the USB charging sockets are a great bonus. Highly recommended.

Filtrete FAPF01/02 Ultra Clean Small Air Purifier Replacement Filter - For Filtrete Air Purifier Model: FAP01 and FAP02 - 1 Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but expensive, 3 Aug. 2015
Very good *BUT* very expensive.
Works very well as I can see every time I come to change it, but it really is an expensive price for folded paper and a card frame. Seems a bit like printers - machine is cheap but the consumables take your eyes out and come back to lick the sockets.

Citizen Sailors: The Royal Navy in the Second World War
Citizen Sailors: The Royal Navy in the Second World War

5.0 out of 5 stars Raise a glass to every single one of them, 3 Aug. 2015
So much to read, so much to absorb, so much to try and understand. They went through such cruel experiences and some survived to tell their stories and it is so humbling to read them. These personal accounts really do shine a light on "The Greatest Generation" as a US President once described them. I doubt if we shall ever see their like again.
It is very fortunate that Glyn Prysor has so diligently collected these stories, for I grew up as a boy amongst many of these same sailors who returned from the horrors of the Atlantic, the Mediterranean, the Murmansk convoys and many other theatres of war, and most of these poor men hardly ever said a word. "It had to be done," was the usual comment, without any great detail of just what they had done.
Reading these stories now, I do wish I could revisit those old, now long gone, silent heroes if only to buy them a very well-earned tot.

SanDisk SDDD2-064G-G46 Ultra Dual USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 130 MB/s Read - 64 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash!!!, 3 Aug. 2015
Fantastic gadget. Works in a "flash" between my Windows PC, my Android Tablet(s) and my Android Smartphone. One of the best buys I have ever made and very highly recommended.

KL: A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps
KL: A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute ultimate history, 3 Aug. 2015
The absolute, ultimate history of the German Concentration Camps. For over 50 years I have been reading and collecting books on this subject and books of the German atrocities committed all over Europe and this book is truly the standard reference point. My sister actually bought me a hardback copy knowing my interest, but it is so huge and unwieldy in my arthritic hands that after I had read the first few pages I immediately purchased a Kindle copy and it works best on my Kindle DX reader.

*But*, I disagree a little with the title - "A History of the Nazi Concentration Camps" - let us never forget, these were *German* camps, manned by Germans who carried out every single order handed down to them. Without willing Germans, the Nazis could never, ever have carried out their plans. This is a major point which today must be swept under the carpet in the name of Political Correctness. As more than one Allied soldier has commented in his memoirs following Germany's surrender, "I could not find a Nazi anywhere!"

For a perfect review of this book, in great detail, I would refer you to the 5 Star review by Dr Barry Clayton, titled "Hitler's Willing Executioners". I could not add anything to that review and I agree with every single word.

Swift Traditional Tin Can Punch & Bottle Opener
Swift Traditional Tin Can Punch & Bottle Opener
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - but not good, 3 Aug. 2015
Canny, but not as sturdy as they used to be when given away free with cans of Newcastle Broon. It takes a bit of "juggling" to get the hook correctly on to the rim of the can and then the piercing has to be carried out fairly accurately. I rather think I will soon be going back to just using the ordinary can opener and screwing a couple of openings on opposite sides of the tin, then widening one with a knife. (I only use it for evaporated milk.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18