Profile for Alowicious > Reviews

Content by Alowicious

Alowicious "alifromwales" (wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Leopet® KBM007/2beige Cat Tree Scratching Post Kitten Climbing Excercise Activity Centre Sisal Height ca. 120cm (Beige)
Offered by JAGO24 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tree, small platforms!, 24 Feb. 2015
This cat tree is a very good cat tree however I would say it's more for kittens than adult cats. We used to own a very similar one which fell apart over the course of seven years and three cats. Our old one had bigger platforms at the top which allowed our cats to sleep and stretch out a little. This cat tree has smaller platforms which are fine for the cats to sit on but they have to curl up into a ball to be able to sleep on them. We are actually going to make bigger platforms ourselves and will pad them for comfort.
The tree itself comes flat packed and was very easy to put together. The material only covers the tops of platforms and not the underneath. I imagine this is to keep costs down as the price of the tree is cheap (my old one cost £200!!!!!). It is well worth the money and I would definitely buy another from leopet when this tree falls to bits. So I give four stars because of the platform size. If you have large cats then I wouldn't buy this unless you just want it for them to sit on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2015 9:19 AM GMT

How to Fall in Love
How to Fall in Love

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely story :), 6 May 2014
Well written as always, lovely romantic story which, although you can kind of guess how it's going to end, keeps you wanting to go back and read more. Great running theme of how to guide books, bit of humour in there. One of her best works but I love all her books so far.

Thursday's Child: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein Series Book 4)
Thursday's Child: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent as expected!, 15 April 2014
Really enjoyed the book, love the series and the characters, should be made into a film! Can't wait for next instalment 😃

COOLEAD L610WS P2P  Wireless IP camera webcam /Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor With  IR-Cut
COOLEAD L610WS P2P Wireless IP camera webcam /Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor With IR-Cut
Offered by COOLEAD

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure this is a great camera if you can figure out how to use it!, 19 Aug. 2013
Bought this, received promptly as always. It came with a foreign language startup disc that wouldn't work in my computer! Looked up the company website starcom and downloaded programs to help setup off there that my antivirus wasn't really happy about. I even got the lovely guy who e-mails everyone to send me his guide which makes perfect sense, however I STILL cannot get this camera to connect to my router. I live in Dubai and I cannot change my IP address to match the cameras and also cannot change the cameras ip so basically it sits on the shelf un used.

If you are not tech savvy then don't buy this and waste your money. If you know someone who can set it up for you then I am sure it is a good buy.

American Pie: Reunion [DVD] [2012]
American Pie: Reunion [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Jason Biggs

4.0 out of 5 stars Rounds everything off nicely, 19 Aug. 2013
I loved the American Pie films, great to watch when you need some humour in your evening. This film is just as funny as the rest and kind of rounds everything off nicely, it's great to see what the characters are up to now and how much they have changed (or not with some of them, they don't seem to look any older!)

Motorola MBP36 -2 Camera Digital Video Baby Monitor
Motorola MBP36 -2 Camera Digital Video Baby Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, think twice if your house is stone or concrete, 19 Aug. 2013
I bought this monitor after using the BT 250 baby monitor, but when I moved my child into a toddler bed I wanted to be able to keep an eye on him in his room at night so the BT monitor became a bit useless. I ordered this double camera pack which I thought was good for the money. The quality of the product is excellent, the video monitor screen is excellent and I can see my child in bed very clearly. The cameras are fantastic and quite light so I have actually stuck them on the wall, one above the toddler bed, using Velcro sticky pads that grip together but have a good bond to the wall and the underneath of the camera base. The wires from the cameras are long and we have run them along a shelf above the camera and to the window and down the wall behind some tracking. The sound I don't find to be as good as the BT Monitor so I actually have that on mute and use the BT monitor still. I love the way the monitor takes seconds to start up to see your child and the fact you can skip between cameras by the pressing of just one button.

OK to the cons, if you live in a house made of concrete as I do the strength of the signal is terrible but I would expect that with most monitors. I did originally think I would have been better off going with an ipad monitor and using a wifi repeater upstairs and maybe this is something I might look into in the future but I am not that tech savvy. From the baby room the signal will reach to the bottom of our stairs only and to our bedroom upstairs but only when the monitor is pointed in a certain direction. I am guessing that because we have a column in the middle of our villa (I live in Dubai) which houses a lot of electrical stuff, this is causing the signal to be interrupted. However it works well like this and if we hear him on the BT monitor then we go to the video monitor screen by the stairs and have a quick peep at him. I imagine if you live in a normally constructed brick built house that the signal range will be much better. I would be wary about stone walled houses and the signal strength though. Also if you leave the monitor on at night, which I don't because it literally takes seconds to start up when I hear my child on the BT monitor, if it loses signal it beeps every two seconds until the signal is regained - this is hugely annoying but I suppose necessary!

Overall a great monitor and the second camera which I currently use pointing at the door in my child's room will eventually be moved into the second bedroom to watch our new baby due in 6 months :)

Easy Fit Vehicle Air Vent Mount & Universal SmartPhone / Mobile Phone Holder
Easy Fit Vehicle Air Vent Mount & Universal SmartPhone / Mobile Phone Holder
Offered by Buybits Addons

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but floppy, 20 Nov. 2012
Bought this to fit on my sloping air vents in my nissan murano. Obviously it blocks the air vent air getting to you, but it fitted easily and well and my samsung galaxy phone fitted into it well. It is not a very sturdy product though and unless your phone can lean against something on one side, say the dashboard, then it will flop around and move with every movement the car makes. It could really do with being able to be fixed solid once you have attached the part that holds the phone to the part that clips in the car vent, but they attach together by a ball clip allowing the part that holds the phone to be rotated. It still does the job fine in my car and is far better than having a phone holder stuck to your window!

Buffalo AirStation Dual Band Wireless-N Ethernet Converter with AP and Bridge
Buffalo AirStation Dual Band Wireless-N Ethernet Converter with AP and Bridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 20 Nov. 2012
I have a Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti wireless router and the signal does not reach all the way up to my bedroom. I live in a 2 storey concrete villa in Dubai. I contacted Buffalo and asked which repeater they would recommend to link to this router and they recomended two products and this was one of them. It is a small box, about the size of your palm. It doesn't have an attached plug so that it sits in the socket on the wall. I don't know why I thought it came like that - maybe it said in the description?? It has a plug with a wire and I sit this box in my bedroom on my bedside table. If you leave this on constantly it is going to get hot as it has no cooliong vents. I would say this is more for occasional use. I use it only when I am in the bedroom and when I leave the room it gets switched off. It was easy to connect and connected with just a press of a button. I think once you have set it up it won't work until you have switched your router off and on again. I not in the slightest bit techie and I managed it ok. The signal in my bedroom now is nearly full and I can use my mobile and tv to browse the [...]

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quick workout, 20 Nov. 2012
OK, so I used this not everyday as recommended, but about 3 times a week on the easy level and lost just over a stone! I didn 't diet, I just cut out bread and exercised. I found even the easier level quite hard but then I haven't exercised in a long time. By the 3rd time I did it I gave up on some of the star jumps and did extra sit-ups instead lol!! The music is ok, the two skinny cows that accompany Jillian on the workouts made me insanely jealous especially the 6-pack on one of them lol!! Jillian herself is very encouraging throughout the DVD and shouts for you to keep pushing which is what I like from a workout to keep me motivated. Worked well and will be the only workout DVD I keep using in this house as the other 3 I have purchased in the past have been terrible. I love that this workout is complete in 20mins!

Peepo! (Board Book)
Peepo! (Board Book)
by Allan Ahlberg
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely old fashioned story, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Peepo! (Board Book) (Board book)
This is a favourite in our house as the story is quite old fashioned and how life was when I would go and stay with my grandparents. My son loves the holes in the book that you 'peep' through, great for little fingers to play with. We had an older version of the book and bought this anniversary edition as we loved it so much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6