Profile for Aguazul > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Victorinox Classic SD Swiss Army Pocket Tool Red
Victorinox Classic SD Swiss Army Pocket Tool Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong 5 years later, 20 Aug 2014
Still going strong on my keyring 5 years later.

Pop Up Tent
Pop Up Tent

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job! Nice bright colours, strong fabric., 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Pop Up Tent (Toy)
The bottom is just fabric, so we made a square of those interconnecting children's sponge tiles to put inside it. The tent is strong and has handled a bit of rough use without much problem, although you may have to bend the wires back into shape if children lie on top of it, squashing it down (discourage this!!!)

Kipper - The Classic Collection [DVD]
Kipper - The Classic Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Clunes

5.0 out of 5 stars Tranquil, relaxed stories, 20 Aug 2014
Tranquil stories with plenty of space, that despite that still capture the interest and imagination and wonder of children.

2nd Hard Disk Drive Adapter for Ultrabay Slim (HDD Exchange frame) for IBM Lenovo T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p, Z60t, Z61t, Z61p, X4 UltraBase, ThinkPad X4 Dock, X6 UltraBase, X6 UltraBase Tablet
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and works fine, with a few limitations, 20 Aug 2014
I used this with my Thinkpad X41 to put a SATA flash drive (SSD) into the docking station as the primary drive (keeping the internal HDD for backups), all running Debian Linux with kernel 2.6.32. It works fine once everything is up and running. When restoring from suspend, however, often there is some error in the IDE command exchange that causes it to hang for a while and then recover itself. This is a minor nuisance, but once restored the machine runs fine without any issues. Regarding speed, maybe it is not running at the maximum IDE speed, but that is easily made up for with the greater speed of the flash drive. Also there is no way to tell the drive to erase a sector over the bridge that I could find, so the flash drive will run suboptimally (keeping lots of junk data from deleted files). But this is not a major issue unless you fill your drive almost completely. So it is not perfect but for practical purposes it does the job and is reliable. I think it is likely the best you can expect from the X41's hybrid IDE/SATA design.

Better You Magnesium Original Flakes 1kg
Better You Magnesium Original Flakes 1kg

5.0 out of 5 stars For baths or for making up "magnesium oil", 20 Aug 2014
I use this to make up "magnesium oil" to put in a spray bottle to spray on my skin every night. This makes such a difference to my sleep -- obviously I am one of those people who can't hold onto magnesium. (A magnesium bath might be preferable, but we don't have a bath.) However, if I spray it on my wife, she's up all night on the toilet (since excess magnesium is dumped into the gut where it loosens things up). If you need the level of supplementation that I do, this is certainly the most economical and comfortable way to achieve it. (Despite occasional itching after applying to the skin, I find it is much more comfortable that way than taking magnesium orally.)

The Sagas Of Noggin The Nog [DVD]
The Sagas Of Noggin The Nog [DVD]
Dvd ~ Oliver Postgate
Offered by Northlands-Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic old-fashioned storytelling, 20 Aug 2014
Fantastic series of old-fashioned storytelling that encourages the child's imagination. Part of the 'balanced diet' of thoughtful quality TV programmes that we make available to our 3-year-old.

Sony DSCTX5B Cyber-shot Digital Camera - Black (10.2MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Went wrong after 3 years, otherwise great, 20 Aug 2014
Great camera to have in your pocket, very fast to pull out and get a shot that you would almost certainly miss with most other types of camera, BUT after 3 years or so it started getting into a weird state of vibrating and taking very blurry shots from time to time. I guess the lens mechanism maybe has worn and now the slack causes it to get into a servo oscillation or something. So, now I can't count on it working at any given time, meaning I'll miss shots -- so either I carry two cameras, or I leave this at home. This is a shame as otherwise the camera suited me very well, including the waterproof feature which was handy for jungle humidity/etc (I'd never risk it underwater, though), and the sweep panoramas. However, it cost a lot so I hoped it would last longer than this. So I can't justify replacing this with another DSC-TX.

The Mind Chronicles: A Visionary Guide into Past Lives
The Mind Chronicles: A Visionary Guide into Past Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars Past life accounts with enormous unconscious power, 19 Aug 2014
As she says, the accounts take you through unconscious levels you are hardly aware of. The volume that affected me most was the first volume (when they were sold as three volumes). I was spinning out a bit, dealing with some of the experiences presented. The only way I could understand that is that they were touching things half-remembered somewhere deep in my psyche, probably from my own past lives. The power of this made it very clear to me that Barbara Hand Clow has expertise that I can hardly understand but whose results I can still appreciate. Apart from that, like "The Pleiadian Agenda", the stories have stayed with me like an alternative mythology of the past. Really wonderful stuff.

New Reiki Software for Divine Living: An Energetic Embodiment of Divine Grace
New Reiki Software for Divine Living: An Energetic Embodiment of Divine Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting "next-generation" Reiki healing system, 3 Jun 2014
I've been a Reiki and Seichim Master for over 15 years. This system from Brett Bevell is quite interesting and also quite different. One major thing is that the remote attunement you get through the book sets up a "Reiki crystal" in front of your chest through which this variety of Reiki energy passes. This means that unlike traditional forms, the energy doesn't pass through your body whilst doing a treatment -- it goes directly from the crystal to the recipient. Well, if you choose to heal with your hands, then it goes to your hands first, but still there isn't the sensation of it passing down through the head on the way to the hands as in traditional Reiki. On the one hand I think this allows more energy to pass more quickly, but on the other hand I find it useful that the energy passes through my head because that clears all my thoughts and helps me focus on the healing. So that aspect is different.

The energy itself is also different. It seems much closer to white light. I experience traditional Reiki as having denser qualities, closer to natural chi than pure light. In my experiments over the last month since buying the book, I've found that the light from the Reiki crystal can instantly eliminate some classes of negative energy, much faster than traditional Reiki. The way I am accustomed to working with traditional Reiki uses the sensation of Reiki flow to judge whether my intention for the healing is on track or not. There is not this same feedback with the Reiki crystal, although it does shine brighter or dimmer (in internal vision) which may be another way to judge it. So if you are well-accustomed to the traditional way of working, you'll need some time to learn how best to work with this new method, something like starting afresh. I've found that using both methods at the same time is helpful, using traditional Reiki as a base, and then transferring the intention to the crystal from time to time within the treatment and letting it light up and do some work at its own energy level. Maybe as I learn more about how this crystal works, I'll be able to use it with greater insight.

I've skipped all the preprogrammed treatments that Brett sets up in the book, instead focussing on working directly with the crystal to better understand it, but people at earlier stages may find these very useful, as they encode many good ideas in an easily accessible form. He has many ideas for how to use it, including using it for meditation.

In brief, I'd say this is definitely worth investigating, and this is a very interesting development in Reiki. However, it does not replace the traditional methods but rather adds to them, and I think Brett would agree as according to the book he also still gives traditional attunements. Definitely worth looking at, and I will continue to work with this.

Panasonic SD-2501 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Nut & Raisin Dispenser & Gluten Free Program, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the old SD255, thankfully, 10 Mar 2014
We bought this to replace our old Panasonic SD255 which had started to develop intermittent power problems after 5 years of solid service. Compared to this previous model, the new one is just as good and also raises the maximum loaf size to 600g of flour. Both machines are excellent and make great bread. I'm glad that Panasonic are continuing to maintain the same standard, even though the machine has obviously gone through a redesign. (It is now narrower and longer, so takes up less width on the counter-top). We haven't tried the new jam-making feature. Perhaps if they added a yogurt-making feature we would try that! (They just have to maintain 45 degrees for several hours.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3