Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Antoine > Reviews

Content by Antoine
Top Reviewer Ranking: 10

Antoine (Malta G.C.)
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
PortaPow Fast Charge + Data Block USB Adapter with SmartCharge Chip
PortaPow Fast Charge + Data Block USB Adapter with SmartCharge Chip

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever idea !!, 24 Aug. 2015
This PortaPow is a no nonsense, effective fast charger adapter which simply gets the job done. It blocks data transfer between the connected device and the computer.

Some devices show "not charging" when connected to a USB port. This little adapter has addressed those issues, as it uses the full potential of the port to deliver charging. As stated in the description the unit being charged does not enter in mass storage device or trigger iTunes when connected to a computer, and this is beneficial for various reasons mainly:

1. The computer will not have to search for drivers every time a peripheral is attached
2. Charging an iOS device which is synchronized to another computer (You will not be asked whether you want to sync with current computer)
3. Viruses cannot get into device being charged. Trouble free charging.

Many a time I find that my phone or tablet are nearly dead prior to going out, and again this charger comes to the rescue. The PortaPow makes for faster charging thus minimising precious time.
And the red colour makes it so much easier to find in those panic situations :)

Comment Comment | Permalink

70% OFF rotor® 7" HD 8GB Quad Core Android Kids Tablet - |Shockproof Protected| Kids Mode Apps KIDOZ Pre-Installed - Dual Camera - WiFi - Supports Playstore, Youtube, Netflix | Kids Edition | (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids will simply love it, 24 Aug. 2015
The Rotor 7" tablet is targeted for kids and it does a great job at that. The high quality dense and sturdy EVA foam does a great job at protecting the tablet from some serious abuse I have tested this myself by intentionally dropping it face down and on the edges numerous times from around 7 feet and it still works and looks like new. I'm confident it can withstand more. The tilting handle doubles as a stand. Great for viewing movies.

The ability to have full control of what your kids can access is also such a clever idea. The KIDO'Z Parental Control Account is a parent-only, password-protected area that allows you to manage and customize your child's KIDO'Z experience.

Now, I honestly think that the Rotor is great for all the family. Don't be mislead by the appearance. Removing the protective colourful housing (it does require some elbow grease) reveals a sleek and "grown up" style tablet. It also uncovers a micro SD slot which is a clever idea: Kids are very inquisitive so having the slot covered in the normal configuration is a great safety feature.

While the spec sheet might seem quite basic for a tablet, the zippy Quad Core processor makes for an enjoyable browsing and light gaming experience. This is also thanks to the crisp and responsive, 1024X600 7" display.

Features:
• Google Android 4.4 (KitKat) - Not Android 5 (Lollipop)
• Quad Core @1.3GHz
• 512MB RAM, 8GB RAM (expandable via micro USB)
• Micro USB port
• Dual Camera (0.3 Front, 2MP Rear)
• Wireless N (802.11b/g/n) - No Bluetooth
• G-sensor

Please note: Please remove the thin plastic film covering camera for better image quality. The tablet comes with a screen protector attached.

Bottom line: The Rotor is a lovely tablet and would make for a wonderful gift to a family with kids

Disclaimer: I was offered this product for a reduced price in exchange for an honest review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kinnie Original Orange and Herbal Flavour Soft Drink 500 ml (Pack of 12)
Kinnie Original Orange and Herbal Flavour Soft Drink 500 ml (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real thirst quencher, 22 Aug. 2015
Kinnie is my favourite refreshing drink. "No wonder" some might say.... "you are Maltese !!".

Yes I am, however this does not influence my opinion. In fact I am quite surprised to see so many positive reviews. I used to think that it was more of an acquired taste rather than liking it the first time you try it. The taste is a bit difficult to explain: Bitter sweet with a hint of orange. No matter how hard I've tried I still do not know the recipe. All they say is that it is a herbal mixture with no added artificial colouring. It has been a secret since 1952, when Cisk introduced this beverage.

I used to miss it so much when living in Italy and with all the airport security regulations it was next to impossible to get a decent quantity over. It's so funny to remember how we used to ration it. A couple of sips a day as though it were some hundred year old Scotch, only that by the 3rd day it would go completely flat ! Eventually I did discover Chinotto which has a slight similarity to the Kinnie flavour but switched to Colas till I got back to Malta.

Unlike most soft drinks, Kinnie has a like it or hate it flavour. However if you get the opportunity I suggest you try it. Don't forget to add a slice of unpeeled orange. Then just close your eyes and imagine you're on a sunny sandy beach

Kinnie Diet Orange and Herbal Flavour Soft Drink 500 ml (Pack of 12)
Kinnie Diet Orange and Herbal Flavour Soft Drink 500 ml (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real thirst quencher, 22 Aug. 2015

Sony FDR-AXP33 4K Handycam Camcorder with Built-In Projector
Sony FDR-AXP33 4K Handycam Camcorder with Built-In Projector

4.0 out of 5 stars The 4K BOSS?, 22 Aug. 2015
After a few days of ownership I returned my AX33 for reasons explain further down.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think that this is a brilliant CONSUMER camcorder. It produces stunning footage out of the box. And it does not require much knowledge to get jaw dropping results. The Carl Zeiss lens and Sony’s 1/2.3 type back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor are a great combination.

The key selling point of the AX33 is the Balanced Optical Steady Shot, (B.O.S.S.) offering the best image stabilisation to date. It is the first 4K camera to sport such a feature. The projector is no longer a gimmick (as on earlier models) and comes in handy.

I would rather present my own user experience than to delve into the spec sheet, as this can be found on Sony's website:

I bought the AX33 primarily for my youtube channel and live concerts. Initially I was blown away by the BOSS and image quality. Yet on comparing it to the FZ1000 my enthusiasm quickly faded away. (Just do a youtube search of the Sony AX33 vs FZ1000 and you'll understand what I mean). Now, I will not be comparing these two cameras as they have a different sensor (1" on Panasonic vs 1/2.3" on Sony), though it has to be noted that the FZ1000 is cheaper!!

The Sony AX33:
Image quality is stunning but by no means stellar. IMO, it is a tad softer than the competition, As with other small sensor camcorders it struggles in low light resulting in a very soft and mushy image. In bright light, footage is great yet a certain degree of purple fringing is evident in high contrast areas (pixel peeping).

Unlike all the other port openings, which are sturdy and cleverly designed, the accessory shoe cover is so flimsy. The slightest breeze caused this cover to hit my Rode mic. And that’s not all. I simply could not hold the camera in a conventional manner as the mic was in the way!
However, what ultimately made me return this camera was the fact that the "HDMI out" does not allow viewing on an external monitor while recording (clean HDMI). My 6 year old Panasonic TM300 allows this!!

Now this paints a rather gloomy picture of the Sony, but when faced with so many glaring reviews of this camera I felt compelled to show the other side of the story. In all fairness, I still think this is the best 4K consumer camcorder available at the moment. The BOSS system far outweighs the less than optimal 4K image quality. After all what's the use of having super sharp, crystal clear footage if its jittery! It just makes you seasick.

The AX33 is ideal for everyday, run and gun operation where tripod work is a hassle. It really produces pleasing, very steady flowing footage.

Bottom line: If you want an entry level "point and shoot" 4K camcorder with awesome stabilisation than the AX33 is the boss.

Please feel free to ask any questions or comment in the link below

Sony FDR-AX33B
Sony FDR-AX33B
Offered by sotel-electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Is this the 4K BOSS ?, 22 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Sony FDR-AX33B (Electronics)

I would rather present my own user experience than delve into the spec sheet, as this can be found on Sony's website:

The Sony AX33:

Now this paints a rather gloomy picture of the Sony, but when faced with so many glaring reviews of this camera I felt compelled to show the other side of the story. In all fairness, I still think this is the best 4K consumer camcorder available at the moment. The BOSS system outweighs the less than optimal image quality. After all what's the use of having super sharp, crystal clear yet jerky footage.

Again, this review is not meant to trash the AX33. I just would like to convey that if you're considering one you simply know what's in store for you.

Bottom line: The AX33B is the Boss. It is a very keenly priced "point and shoot" 4K camcorder offering awesome image stabilisation

Nokia 105 Sim Free Red
Nokia 105 Sim Free Red
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars A Staggering 35 day battery !!, 22 Aug. 2015
Whilst smartphones are getting larger and more tech savvy by the day, there still is a market for traditional no frills alternatives. The Nokia 105 is an entry level yet robust phone ideal for travelling or going to the beach! It is meant to make calls and send text messages.

The 35 day battery life is the star of the show. Combine that with solid build quality and portability and no wonder why the Nokia 105 is such an appealing phone. It also sports a very clear and vivid colour screen, albeit tiny at 1.45 inch.

Some (important) specs of the Nokia 105:
• Operates on 2G networks - 900/1800 (For UK it will work on most carriers including Vodafone and 02)
• Measures 107 x 44.8 x 14.3 mm and weighs only 72 grams
• Does NOT have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth nor GPS nor a camera.

Highly recommended to anyone seeking a cheaply priced phone that can withstand some serious abuse whilst providing decent call quality and an everlasting battery life.

Nokia 105 Sim-Free Smartphone - Blue
Nokia 105 Sim-Free Smartphone - Blue
Offered by Executivez

4.0 out of 5 stars A Staggering 35 day battery !!, 22 Aug. 2015

Some specs of the Nokia 105:
• Measures 107 x 44.8 x 14.3 mm and weighs only 72 grams
• Does NOT have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth nor GPS nor a camera.

Logitech M187 Wireless Mini Mouse - White
Logitech M187 Wireless Mini Mouse - White

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, tiny mouse, 17 Aug. 2015
I have been using the Logitech M187 Wirless mouse on my desktop computer for over a year now and I simply love it.
It measures 8cm x 5cm so it might not suit all, however I bought it specifically for it's diminutive size.

Some clarifications:
This is not a Bluetooth mouse and will only work with the included 2.4Ghz USB receiver
There is a slot beneath the battery compartment which houses the USB receiver. Ideal for use during transportation
-----------

The scroll wheel also functions as a third button. When pressed you can scroll horizontally, vertically and diagonally at very fast speed. Ideal for navigating around the large UHD monitor. In order to exit just click on any mouse button.

Battery life is very good and I never actually use the ON/OFF switch unless I am transporting the mouse with my laptop.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Arctic Cooling ORACO-MX40001-BL - Arctic MX-4 Thermal Paste (4g)
Arctic Cooling ORACO-MX40001-BL - Arctic MX-4 Thermal Paste (4g)
Offered by LambdaTek ComponentShop

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 14 Aug. 2015
I have been using Arctic Cooling thermal compounds for over a decade on practically all my computer builds. It is only lately that I have also started using the Noctua NT-H1 for those very demanding CPUs and GPUs. However this comes at a price.

Now the MX-4 claims to be even better than the Noctua, (as seen in the photo) yet some would agree that this is not the case. Having said that the difference in thermal dissipation between the two is minimal.

I still use the MX-4 on 99.9% of my builds. It spreads easily, is non corrosive, cures in no time and lasts for years. Don't get me wrong, I'm no professional yet I do many computers builds for friends and gained some experience in the process:

A few tips:

• A little paste can go a long way. If you apply too much than you create an insulator rather than a conductor.
• Apply pea shaped but NOT pea sized. As Linus says, it should be the size of a grain of rice. Haswell E CPUs require a bit more
• Always make sure that the surface of the CPU is clean prior application. IPA 99.9% alcohol applied with a lint free cloth works best
• Take great care not to get any compound on braided water cooling (all in one) pipes. It will be very difficult to remove

Bottom line: The MX-4 is among the best thermal compounds available, offering excellent price to performance ratio

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20