Profile for Mummy bargain shopper > Reviews

Content by Mummy bargain ...

Mummy bargain shopper

Character World Toy Story 3 Space Rotary Fleece Blanket
Character World Toy Story 3 Space Rotary Fleece Blanket
Offered by Kids Shopping

4.0 out of 5 stars Great blanket, 5 Nov 2012
Bought this at a bargain price. Quality is not bad, it is a cheaper feel thin fleece as some have mentioned but it is very large and I love the pattern so at 3 quid I would def buy again as a gift for little ones.

DribbleOns Bib  (Navy Blue, )
DribbleOns Bib (Navy Blue, )
Offered by BABY best BUYS

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than a bib but not for very dribbly little ones!, 5 Nov 2012
These bibs do the basic job of catching dribbles and looking presentable on your little one. But as other reviewers have mentioned, they do soak through pretty quickly and as they are fabric backed, it does get wet through. My little one can soak this through easily within a couple of hours but I mainly use them when out and about so for the price, they are fine. They are on the small side too - my 4 month old is already on the larger of the 2 poppers and can't imagine these lasting much more than a few months. Have not tried any others so difficult to assess against other prdoucts. Doubt I will buy again for these reasons.

Bananagrams Game
Bananagrams Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun bananas!, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Bananagrams Game (Toy)
Like all the other reviews, this is a great versatile word game. My husband and I played this together although we are not scrabble/word game people. The concept is straightforward and easy to play, you work individually to make up crosswords and the winner uses up all their tiles first. There are variations to make the game quicker too. I'm looking forward to taking this camping and getting my nephews involved. I think this is also great for kids to improve their vocab too.

The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags
by Amy Butler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic inspiring book!, 16 Jan 2011
I've been wanting to make my own bag and looking for a book like this for a while as most books seem to be for specific projects. This book is clearly written and includes chapters on how to make the different components such as different types of pockets, handles, closures, how to sew linings. At the end of each chapter is a project to make a bag which incorporates the lessons of that particular chapter. There are 8 projects and apart from one, I would def want to have a go at making them. I have not yet attempted this but the book is v inspiring - I've almost read it cover to cover! I can't wait to get some nice fabrics and have a go at the messenger bag. I like the fact that you can adapt the bags with extra pockets, differnt handles or closures to suit based on the lessons in each chapter.
I hope the next book would cover translating a design into a pattern....and i love the author's blog (who i've never heard off before!).

Travel Hungry Hippos
Travel Hungry Hippos

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 29 Dec 2010
This review is from: Travel Hungry Hippos (Toy)
This is a good size, fun and the plastic cover stops the 'marbles' from falling out. It is only 2 player though and it would have been nice if there were more marbles - there are only 10 so each game is v quick.

Belkin Neoprene Messenger Bag for Upto 17 inch Laptops - Chocolate/Tourmaline
Belkin Neoprene Messenger Bag for Upto 17 inch Laptops - Chocolate/Tourmaline
Offered by Cartridge Point

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bag, 8 Dec 2010
Very good quality - the inside laptop lining is padded and a nice brushed cotton feel. Lightweight, lots of pockets, nice colours and overall design. I bought this as a Christmas gift for a computer geek so hope he likes it!

Worlds Apart Butterflies and Flowers Sling Bookcase
Worlds Apart Butterflies and Flowers Sling Bookcase
Offered by Big Red Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely small bookcase, 11 Nov 2010
This is the perfectly sized bookcase for keeping my little one's books tidy in the lounge - it is quite small so does not take up too much space and looks pretty too. It enables my toddler to see the book covers making it easier for her to choose what she wants to read. The slight downside though is that it doesn't hold that many books as it is restricted by the depth of each sling compartment so not really suitable as a main bookcase but I use this to revolve a selection of books from a larger bookcase. It was fairly easy to assemble but you do have to tighten the screws quite a bit to keep the poles in place. There are other similar but larger sling bookcases but for the price, this is perfect.

Umi Toddler Lissy Red Print 280048 5 Child UK
Umi Toddler Lissy Red Print 280048 5 Child UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Umi soft leather shoes, 16 Oct 2010
The photo does not do this shoe any justice! These shoes are well made in soft leather and seem very comfy for my little one. The buckle is actually a velcro fastening which is great for quickly putting them on and off. The fitting is on the wider side so good with socks too. The rubber outer also helps scuffing, perfect for new walkers. My girl was happy to wear these from day one unlike a pair I got her from a well known high street shoe shop which was twice the price. I was a bit hesitant buying the little one's shoes on-line but having bought some Umi sandals in the summer (when the high street stores were sold out in small sizes),they were also fantastic quality and style that I have already decided I will be buying Umi shoes and sandals next year again.