Profile for Kevin > Reviews

Kevin

Love in the Fourth Dimension: A Restaurant Tale
Love in the Fourth Dimension: A Restaurant Tale

4.0 out of 5 stars strange title, good read, 30 Jun 2014
what is there to say except give it a go. i was intrigued by the title and wasn't disappointed. a pleasant and easy read that isnt taxing, you just get swept along for the ride.

The Glass Apple
The Glass Apple

4.0 out of 5 stars Gem of a book, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Glass Apple (Kindle Edition)
what a hidden gem this turned out to be. I originally thought that the story was aimed at a pre-teen readership, and i almost gave up on it. I'm just glad i didnt. stick with the start even though an older reader might think its a pre-teen story but the pace soon picks up and you get hooked. it is a genre i wouldnt normally read but i just loved the story and characters. like mr hp the story gets darker which i liked. i was eager to finish the book to find out what happens next, but at the same time didnt want it to end. i'm looking forward to reading the next installment. Well done Bob!

Officer Jones (JP Warner/Officer Jones Book 1)
Officer Jones (JP Warner/Officer Jones Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 22 Jun 2013
I had the good fortune to read this as free copy and would recommend it. Easy to read and keeps you gripped.

The Gay Divorcee
The Gay Divorcee

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Gay Divorcee (Kindle Edition)
First forray Into gay lit and I wasn't disappointed. Likeable characters (and some not- you'll know what I mean when you read the book). Its a nice book that isn't too taxing

The Strain
The Strain

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy, buy, buy, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Strain (Kindle Edition)
Just brilliant. Some books you read and some you actually create your own movie in your head. This, for me, was one such book. I tried the sample first and it just hooked him. Reading it, the words just jumped off the page and I wasn't reading words but actually visualising everything. The only downside was that the book ended.

Hand In Glove
Hand In Glove

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hand In Glove (Kindle Edition)
Just love Roberts books and once again he doesn't disappoint. If you haven't tried them, please, you wont be disappointed

Mister Creecher
Mister Creecher

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Mister Creecher (Kindle Edition)
As a cheap buy, I wasn't expecting much, but how wrong was I. I was engrossed in the story from the start and couldn't put it down. Nice twist towards the end.

Ash
Ash

3.0 out of 5 stars First timer, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Ash (Kindle Edition)
My first time with a James Herbert, really looked forward to reading this (free copy). I enjoyed it to a fashion but I felt the story dragged at times and I willed the story to pick up pace and get to the action.

Alice in Deadland
Alice in Deadland

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what you think, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Alice in Deadland (Kindle Edition)
I went into this thinking it was a classic mash up, but how wrong. Not what I thought but loved it.

Trixie Natural Rubber Toy Dog Ball with Sound, 7 cm
Trixie Natural Rubber Toy Dog Ball with Sound, 7 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy dog days, 16 Feb 2013
My dog is very good at destroying his toys, but with these he has met his match!! Long lasting and worth every penny