Profile for Bobby Davro > Reviews

Content by Bobby Davro

Bobby Davro (LIVERPOOL United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made
The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dynamic of the Duo, 11 Mar. 2016
As a latecomer to the whole Room phenomenon I bought this book to indulge my newfound fascination with Planet Tommy. I discovered a back story which is incredibly even more fun, fascinating and frightening than the delightful on screen debacle. Tommy apparently once confided that the Room would not have been possible without Greg. After reading this skilfully written memoir, you'll understand why and find a new appreciation of the unique dynamic between this duo.

Operation Game Treasure Hunt Jake and the Neverland Pirates Edition
Operation Game Treasure Hunt Jake and the Neverland Pirates Edition
Offered by Real Satisfaction

2.0 out of 5 stars Not challenging enough, 13 Feb. 2016
Got this for my 4 and 7 year olds as they're Disney fans and I saw it reduced. Unfortunately they found it far too easy and so quickly tired of it

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest plastic., 24 Jun. 2015
Premium leather? My booty. Looks and feels like the cheap plastic you get on discount kids 'spy sets'. Avoid if you want anything half decent in terms of quality.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

1.0 out of 5 stars Tragic, 6 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
Really Amazon? Really? This is your video app? No user interface or slick content browser like plex, blinkbox, sky go, Netflix, iTunes or many others. It just dumps me out to the website to browse for content like something that's been knocked up in a teenager's bedroom. Then there's the convoluted installation and don't even start me on the lack of chrome support. Just tragic. Will I be renewing my prime membership? Not a chance.

IVSO HTC Nexus 9 8.9-inch Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case - DETACHABLE Bluetooth Keyboard Stand Case / Cover for HTC Nexus 9 8.9-inch Tablet (Black)
Offered by IVSOTEK UK

2.0 out of 5 stars it's a decent quality case BUT the leather(ette) covers the ..., 29 May 2015
it's a decent quality case BUT the leather(ette) covers the borders of the screen on the nexus 9,which means ou can't swipe from the top to get the quick many up. Significant design flaw unless I'm missing something obvious?

The Effortless Sleep Method:  The Incredible New Cure for Insomnia and Chronic Sleep Problems
The Effortless Sleep Method: The Incredible New Cure for Insomnia and Chronic Sleep Problems
by Sasha Stephens

2.0 out of 5 stars Reductionist and too Evangelical for my taste., 16 Mar. 2014
I'm hesitant to be negative about a book that seems to have been helpful to a lot of people. However, this book did not improve my sleep; in fact it made me feel worse as the author is convinced I therefore could not have been following her advice sincerely.
The thing is the mind (conscious and subconscious) and sleep mechanisms are very complex and idiosyncratic things, so no list of sleep must-do's will fit everyone. The problem is that the author is quite emphatic that this IS THE list that will work for 100% of people. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Most of the techniques are freely available insomnia lore (no clockwatching, no daytime napping etc. - which 'experts' disagree about anyway), others actually exacerbated my insomnia (no TV in bed - I actually find I drift off whilst/after watching TV in bed - it 'brings me down, so removing it made the bedroom less of a relaxing place for me). Other suggestions are dubious at best and discredited at worst (NLP by writing lines of 'I'm a brilliant sleeper?).
In the end, perhaps I expected too much of this book, but then it does make grand, if unsubstantiatedif, gurantees.

Bye Bye Standby Online Energy Controller
Bye Bye Standby Online Energy Controller

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely unintuitive and frustrating., 3 Nov. 2012
Never managed to get this functioning despite a lot of time invested in it. The provided instructions were pretty much useless and the BBSB forums filled with bewildered consumers and techies. I'm not afraid of a bit of technological tinkering, but getting this system functioning was beyond me. To add insult to injury, the BBSB site has withdrawn its 'support'. Very expensive mistake.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2014 8:25 PM GMT

Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 77p I can remember spending..., 3 May 2012
...since that matchbox car I saved up for as kid. Funny, self-effacing and seemingly a good egg, this guy tells a great cycling yarn and it's a crime that he hasn't been published more. Right that wrong by downloading this embarrassingly cheap book.

Why There Almost Certainly Is a God: Doubting Dawkins
Why There Almost Certainly Is a God: Doubting Dawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL philosopher shows Dawkins how to do it., 30 April 2012
Consistent, coherent and, above all, conversant with philosophical method, this book demonstrates the many shortcomings of Dawkin's materialism. I wondered how it managed to receive such a middling overall review score, until I read the 1 and 2 star reviews (which skew the average) and found they basically amount to "He believes in God, and so is evidently my intellectual inferior. Being considerably cleverer, I was able to dismiss this out of hand." One such reviewer, so high on his horse that his head must have been through the stratosphere, looks down on Ward and chastises him with a 'really must do better', before going on to demonstrate his fundamental misunderstanding of Ward's reasoning; suggesting at best a quick skim of the book, more likely an inattentive once over of the sample purely for the purpose of looking for loopholes. If that's your aim, move on, nothing to see here. If on the other hand you're interested in an intellectual rebuttal of Dawkins (a latecomer to philosophy and theology with no grounding in either) from a philosopher with credentials, give it a spin.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2013 4:57 PM BST

Calvin & C. S. Lewis Solving the Riddle of the Reformation
Calvin & C. S. Lewis Solving the Riddle of the Reformation

4.0 out of 5 stars A rare and useful perspective., 2 Oct. 2011
The author offers an accessible and fair overview of the tensions between Calvinistic Theology and the Classical Theism of Lewis. He quotes from various authors at length and thus provides a well supported summary of the alternative positions. He has clearly wrestled personally with the issues of predestination and election and so offers useful insights to others who, like myself, find themselves intellectually and emotionally challenged by reform theology. My only reservation would be in the author's written style which vacillates between formal/academic and informal/chatty, which can feel jarring. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2